GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Content Vacancy at Freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/08 at 19:06
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Applicants for the Web Content position should be able to show some existing design, art or page layout work, some creative writing, and a reasonable understanding of web sites, or will have previously built their own web site. We will consider a strong designer with less written ability or a strong writer with less design ability, but some technical aptitude is important. These are the starting points upon which further training and experience would be based. Web Content staff work within the Marketing Department and are supported by a team of programmers.

So, if you live near Braintree and want to get involved with the creative side of Freeola, and you are starting a career in Web Design and Content, then apply now. Starting salary is £12,000 per annum with plenty of scope for advancement.

Please email your name and address to [email protected] plus any brief details which might be relevant, so that we can send you an application form.

The job is based in Braintree and unfortunately you cannot work remotely from your idyllic carbon-neutral cottage in the Scottish highlands.
Thu 14/02/08 at 21:04
Regular
I don't suppose there are any job openings for someone to chat on the forum all day? I'm pretty well qualified and have 12 years experience (8 of those on here).
Thu 14/02/08 at 16:23
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
spoonbeast wrote:
> so... generally maintenance work?

Nope: Marketing, email bulletins, design, page layout, keywording, some technical ability required, very good English, creative writing or design.
Thu 14/02/08 at 15:29
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We generally used PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and Javascript (slowly moving over to using the jQuery library). We programmers generally code the PHP and do the MySQL stuff.
I think some companies might use the description 'Frontend engineer' for this job:)
We don't use Dreamweaver, it better to know all your code, especially when something isn't working, so we write everything ourselves.
Thu 14/02/08 at 09:56
Regular
"eat toast!"
so... generally maintenance work?
Thu 14/02/08 at 00:44
Regular
"Author of Pain"
The key word here is content. I don't think they're expecting a hot programmer.
Wed 13/02/08 at 23:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
I wouldn't mind applying, but i'm rubbish at html and i mostly work with dreamweaver. I could show you some of my work, but it isn't what you call fantastic.

edit: Incidently, who are you looking for and what relevant skills or programming languages are required? Will additional training be provided?

I've got general experience in the following: ASP, JSP, Javascript, VB6 VB.net. HTML i can do by hand, as well as use dreamweaver. But this is mostly in a uni environment rather then in a real world environment sadly.

If you want, i can give you some of my uni work to have a look at to see what level you want.
Wed 13/02/08 at 19:45
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I suddenly feel so foolish for choosing accountancy over my fledgling career in web development.
Wed 13/02/08 at 19:06
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Applicants for the Web Content position should be able to show some existing design, art or page layout work, some creative writing, and a reasonable understanding of web sites, or will have previously built their own web site. We will consider a strong designer with less written ability or a strong writer with less design ability, but some technical aptitude is important. These are the starting points upon which further training and experience would be based. Web Content staff work within the Marketing Department and are supported by a team of programmers.

So, if you live near Braintree and want to get involved with the creative side of Freeola, and you are starting a career in Web Design and Content, then apply now. Starting salary is £12,000 per annum with plenty of scope for advancement.

Please email your name and address to [email protected] plus any brief details which might be relevant, so that we can send you an application form.

The job is based in Braintree and unfortunately you cannot work remotely from your idyllic carbon-neutral cottage in the Scottish highlands.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.