GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone cook?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/08 at 14:12
Regular
I need help with University cooking. I'm final year - graduating in March and I've yet to make a bowl of Pasta that I've actually enjoyed.

Most of the food I make is very technical - like I only put in the ingredients which I need and keep everything healthy. Spices? No. Garlic? No. Onions? No.
Catch my drift?

I looked on the net, asked a few friends...but I either found crazy over the top Gordon Ramsey recipes (as in recipes which are so hard they make you swear a lot...like Gordon Ramsey) or they didn't know how to.

Basically - a quick, easy recipe.

P.S. This was the best forum to ask it due to the sheer randomness of the board.
Fri 15/02/08 at 17:04
"possibly impossible"
Sugar and various mixes of fresh juice plus grenadine. (my favourite is pineapple juice, orange juice and cranberry juice in equal measures with a dash of grenadine) If you do it right it ends up with a traffic light style look.

Or, try one of these (replacing soda water with carbonated water)
Thu 14/02/08 at 23:08
Regular
"eat toast!"
incidently does anyone have any ideas as to what i could do with carbonated water? I don't drink alchohol and i can't make my own moonshine cola.
Thu 14/02/08 at 01:03
Regular
"cachoo"
Damn. This thread's gone and made me hungry.
Wed 13/02/08 at 23:06
Regular
"eat toast!"
Another fav is chilli con carni, but with pasta instead of rice.

Quite a few ingriedients, but, to lower cost, buy them fresh or tinned. Plus most of this stuff will last over several meals.

You'll need:

Mince beef or turkey meat
1 tin of baked beans
Tomato sauce
Chilli powder
an onion finely chopped.
tomato concentrate (puree stuff found in jars)
cumin powder

Method:

Cook the mince until browned and throw in the chopped onion and cook for a few minuates.

add the tin of baked beans, add chilli powder (1 or 2 good teaspoons does the trick for me), tomato sauce, tomatoe concentrate and a dash of cumin and mix well until coated evenly. Taste again and add what accordingly.

Cook pasta. Just before serving, i like to throw in a handful of frozen peas into the chilli con carne to add my 5 a day. Serve everything piping hot.

It should only take 35 mins to do the whole thing. The best part of this recipe is that you can bulk produce and fridge it. It takes better in some cases aged.
Wed 13/02/08 at 20:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Melt some cheese in a saucepan, add cream, salt, pepper. Or if you want something healthier. Blend up a tomato, salt, pepper, little cornflour, cook it down and chuck it on top. I suppose you could add some chopped ham to it as well. Pretty much all pasta dishes uses either a cheese or tomato sauce.
Wed 13/02/08 at 18:10
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Pasta Bake, thats nice - could be found anywhere.

OR

Buy a jar of pesto, green or red and mix in a couple of teaspoons once pasta cooked and cover then add pepper + salt & finally

Enjoy!

Very Quick Very Easy!
Wed 13/02/08 at 18:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I those cheap dry herbs in a lot of my cooking, along with onions and tinned tomatoes. Yes, I mostly eat curry, stewed things and pasta dishes, but I'm a crap cook and pretty lazy.
Wed 13/02/08 at 16:32
Regular
"eat toast!"
You can't live without herbs. Damn it, the stuff prechopped and in sprinkle jars for less then 50p and it brings lots of flavour to a bland dish.
Wed 13/02/08 at 16:24
"possibly impossible"
RWIgnition wrote:
> Most of the food I make is very technical - like I only put in
> the ingredients which I need and keep everything healthy. Spices?
> No. Garlic? No. Onions? No.
> Catch my drift?

So you want to take out the healthy ingredients like Garlic and Onions?
Wed 13/02/08 at 15:47
Regular
"eat toast!"
ah, the student life. Pasta dishes, the only that i find simple enough to make is ironically gordon ramseys.

You'll need

Mushrooms
bacon
leeks
cremefreche
parsley and parmasan or any grated cheese (just get the stuff pregrated)
Quick cook pasta

Method:

Cut up all the vege and bacon. Lob the bacon first to cook and then followed by the veg. cook until softened.

During cooking of vegtables, you could be cooking your quick cook pasta.

Combine the 2 and mix cremefreche. Season with parsley and cheese.

NOTE: apart from the bacon, pretty much all the ingriendents are easy to pick up and buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.