GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""That room" in Luigi's Mansion"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 21:27
Regular
You know the one on the same floor as the one that's bordered up.

It's the last door before the steps to the top floor, it's locked but I can't find the key anywhere, anyone care to help?

Also can you get into the boardered up room? I have 48 boos if that changes anything. I know people like Ortega have done this game so maybe they can help.

I know how to get into that room next to the butlers room (use your Game Boy Horror on the mouse hole if you didn't know) is it something like that, that I need to do.

I don't want to know what's in these rooms just how to get in them, if I need all 50 boos first just say, don't ruin the suprise please.

Thanks guys.

(I never normally ask for help but I can't be bothered to trapse aimlessley about trying to find out what to do no more)
Sat 11/05/02 at 14:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> suck em off
>
> Heheheh...

:D
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its a fun game... but its also the reason I brought it for my little sister.

Star Wars is much harder and better. :)
Regular
"You've upset me"
er-no wrote:
suck em off

Heheheh...
Sat 11/05/02 at 14:30
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Cheers guys that worked a treat. I still can't believe I missed that plank.

Anyway I completed the game while I was at it and got a B ranking.

Ending was crap.

Hidden Mansion then eh. Any point?
Sat 11/05/02 at 14:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
trunks-the-best-uk:> wrote:
> can any1 help me
> i have got up to the bit where i have 2 find the twins but the door is
> locked and i dunno where the key is can u help?

Hmm.... wake them up by making noise at their photos... then you have to find them in their boxes.. which is guess work I think. Took me three times to find them... suck em off their toys and there you go.
Sat 11/05/02 at 14:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Are you just starting in the game trunks ? If so don't worry too much about leaving locked doors at first cause you'll find that you get the keys to them later on as you progress. ;-)
Sat 11/05/02 at 13:55
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Simple, go to the rooftop climb the right hand-side chimney and drop down into another treasure room, defeat the ghosts and you'll get the key to 'the girls bedroom' which is the room you are trying to find the key to, i had problems with this one, hope that helps. :)
Sat 11/05/02 at 13:17
is anyone gonna help me?
Sat 11/05/02 at 12:53
can any1 help me
i have got up to the bit where i have 2 find the twins but the door is locked and i dunno where the key is can u help?
Sat 11/05/02 at 12:42
Regular
">:)"
The key you need is on the chest on the left chimney on the roof.

When you get all 50 boos, you get a gold diamond. (worth 20,000,000 G)
You also get a gold diamond for completing the plant mini-quest, by watering that plant in the garden before and after beating the 2nd and 3rd bosses.

If you go into the graveyard (use GBH on the kennel) Knock the drainpipe to get a nice red gem.

YOu should use fire on the ghosts in the treasure room in the boarded up mansion, as they have icy hearts. You can get a fire ghost from the candle in the butlers room.

If you need health, go the room where you fought the baby, and check the drawer unit on the right next to the door to get a heart worth 50. Also there is a 50 in the first attic room, in the leopard skinned box in the bottom right corner. There are a couple of other 50s around, cant remember where tho. Maybe in the twins room.

And while i am at it, here is as handy boss guide:

Boss 1: Chauncey
Dodge the rocking horses, and when the balls appear, wait until once of the bounces to the front. Go suck it up, then aim at he baby, and release R to blast it in his face. Then suck that baby up. Repeat till dead. IF the baby starts bouncing around on the bed, just walk around the perimiter of the bed to avoid him.

Boss 2: That shadow thing..
Use the vacuum on the big black shadows that come after you to suck them into a ball. Then aim at at the purple shadow, and release. The shadow will get stuck in a big black ball. He can now be sucked. Repeat till dead.

Boss 3: The big boo...
Run like a mad man towards one of the unicorn statues. You may notice they are covered in ice. Cue the ice ghosts - suck them up to get the icy power. Keep running around the statue until the big blob of boos lands on the unicorns horn. It will burst into lots of little boos. Use your ice power to freeze as many as you can, then suck them up. Eventually all the small boos will get back together to form the big boo. Repeat this process, keeping in mind that the more boos you suck, the smaller and faster the big boo gets.

Boss 4: King boo
Your probably shocked to see bowser, but dont worry, its only a costume. Although a damn annoying one, that will probably kill you. Oh well. Anyway, once the battle starts, move out of range of bowsers fiery breath, and wait until he starts chucking spiked balls at you. As soon as one of them stops, suck it up, and hold it on your vacuum until bowser lowers his head to attack. Release the ball at him, and his head will fall off, causing king boo to come flying out. Suck him as much as you can, avaoiding the ice blasts that the annoying head floating bowser head keeps spitting at you. Repeat this process. Keep these things in mind:
1. When putting distance between you and bowser, dont go too far. Otherwise he will jump into the air, and come down right next to you, making it pretty damn hard to hit him properly.
2. If you are too close when you shoot the ball at his head, you will take damage in the explosion.
3. When king boo has taken a lot of damage, bowers head may go on backwardd, causing him to run around like a loon. TO avoid him, go behind one of the chimneys.

When you finally kill him its a pretty good feeling. Expect to take at least 3 attampts at this boss, he is pretty hard. And its damn annoying how for each attmpt you have to trek back through the manstsion, and go through a load of story before getting the good stuff.

Oh, and try not to let bowser suck you up, you take a whole world of damage if you end up in his mouth.

Hope this helps :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.