GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 OR SSBM???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 18:50
Regular
An interesting thought this, i know most of us are Gamecube Lovers but the 24th of May see's GTA3 on the Pc and SSBM on the Gamecube released, both massive games but which one do you think will sell more?? For me SSBM all the way :)
Sat 11/05/02 at 12:32
Regular
Square will be making Final Fantasy games for GC, not that I care they bore the hell out of me.

Smash Bro's has fgot to out sell GTA3 on the PC, I ordered me copy ages ago can't feckin wait to play it.
Fri 10/05/02 at 22:00
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
why isnt FFX coming to gamecube! so much for all that rubbish about square coming back to nintendo! all were getting is one rubbish final fantasy battle game!

as for the decision about GTA3 and SSBM. Get both! two totaly different games but both brilliant in their own ways!
Fri 10/05/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
I really dont know what to get now - FFX or Smash Bros - Help!
Fri 10/05/02 at 20:26
Regular
Isn't FFX getting released on the 24th...if so, I fear it will sell a lot better.

Anyway, I hope SSBM sells more but I fear it may not...just have to look in the charts. GTA3 is gonna be very popular...
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That is a difficult question to answer. It would require vast statistical knowledge, which I don’t have. As far as I know, there are around 75,000 Gamecubes in the UK at the moment. I reckon that around two thirds of these will get SSBM within the first week of it’s release.

I have no statistical knowledge about people who have PCs fast enough to run GTA3, or how many people already have it on the PS2. I would say that SSBM would sell more though, as there is a much wider variety of games on the PC, and so many more games for people to buy instead.

Also, the PC has a much wider demographic, and so the amount of people interested in GTA3, who also has a fast enough PC and who don’t have in on the PS2. This isn’t a problem on the Gamecube though, as SSBM is exclusive, and everyone’s Gamecube is mechanically the same.

With PC games becoming cheaper quicker, people will wait to buy it. If you are actually asking which one to buy, get SSBM because GTA3 will become cheaper later, but SSBM won’t get cheaper. I would definitely say that SSBM would sell more.
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:00
ssbm for me, the multiplayer is too nice to resist =)
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:50
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
An interesting thought this, i know most of us are Gamecube Lovers but the 24th of May see's GTA3 on the Pc and SSBM on the Gamecube released, both massive games but which one do you think will sell more?? For me SSBM all the way :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.