GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bitz Chnl4, are they biased??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/10/00 at 20:33
Regular
I don't know if many of you saw this when i first wrote it back in the old days, but the new series has started and i think it needs a new....was going to say a bad word but then this letter wouldn't be shown, they need to be talked about.
I hate biased programmes and mags, I only buy NOM because of the times that people do on some games and i try to beat them, otherwise i would buy a neutral mag.
Anyway i watched bitz early this morning/very late last night and realised that they hadn't changed at all, just some stupid women trying to look sexy talking about the PS as if they are the only company that exists, it's a good console but not the only one, infact they had about 30 seconds of N64 and maybe 5 seconds of Dreamcast when they said it's name, they showed a clip of Conker's BFD (on the N64) which was good and has now convinced me to buy the game, 30 seconds worth was a good idea, but the rest of the 30 min programme was all abouit, wow Sony are so amazing they have a new name, the.........wait for it......PS2, isn't that incredible!! i love it and will pay Sony £1,000,000,000 just for making it possible for my to buy it from them at a stupidly high price. I hate the programme, yet because of the CBFD clip i am glad I watched it, as i wasn't sure whether to risk spending my cash on the game when it might be a load of crap, but then it is made by RARE, but then so was PD, and DKR and..........blah, blah, blah.
Mon 23/10/00 at 20:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't know if many of you saw this when i first wrote it back in the old days, but the new series has started and i think it needs a new....was going to say a bad word but then this letter wouldn't be shown, they need to be talked about.
I hate biased programmes and mags, I only buy NOM because of the times that people do on some games and i try to beat them, otherwise i would buy a neutral mag.
Anyway i watched bitz early this morning/very late last night and realised that they hadn't changed at all, just some stupid women trying to look sexy talking about the PS as if they are the only company that exists, it's a good console but not the only one, infact they had about 30 seconds of N64 and maybe 5 seconds of Dreamcast when they said it's name, they showed a clip of Conker's BFD (on the N64) which was good and has now convinced me to buy the game, 30 seconds worth was a good idea, but the rest of the 30 min programme was all abouit, wow Sony are so amazing they have a new name, the.........wait for it......PS2, isn't that incredible!! i love it and will pay Sony £1,000,000,000 just for making it possible for my to buy it from them at a stupidly high price. I hate the programme, yet because of the CBFD clip i am glad I watched it, as i wasn't sure whether to risk spending my cash on the game when it might be a load of crap, but then it is made by RARE, but then so was PD, and DKR and..........blah, blah, blah.
Mon 23/10/00 at 20:48
Regular
They really haven't got a clue what they're going on about really when it comes to games...

I expect they don't actually play all the games they say they do to the end...
Mon 23/10/00 at 20:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
They challenged some guys from hollyoaks one time last series, but i think they paid them to loose, they must be getting so much advertising money from Sony.
Mon 23/10/00 at 20:53
Regular
Metropolis Street Racer
(For PSX - By Sega)

I just saw this on the official Bitz website.

Says it all really.
Mon 23/10/00 at 20:54
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I'd like to do a programme like that,but I couldn't play enough games to make me worthy and my booty isn't as nice as theirs, and I don't think it would be as appealing to male viewers, then being the prodomenant species when it comes to gaming, even though there have been some women gamers recently, i am happy to be living in an era when girls can play games!
Mon 23/10/00 at 22:31
Regular
I taped it one night for a Perfect Dark and all i get is them with a water gun and a blurry 30 second video the rest i saw was all Sony and Sega.
Tue 24/10/00 at 02:20
Regular
Biased? Probably. They have a market to sell the show to, and the majority of that market own playstation, so there you go, really.

But it's still a great show. Sadly, here in the cruel world of s4c I don't get to see it untill the friday after, and am a victim of my N64's unpopularity in the eyes of some tv fools.
But they always manage to be funny, yet make all the necessary serious points, and it's scripted to appeal on so many levels... I could give an example of a great subtle metaphore from the last show, but to all you lucky monkeys in sunny England it's the show before last now...

So, do I have a good show to look forward to at some ridiculously late hour of friday night (well, a long way into saturday morning really - I'm sure the s4c bosses do it just to annoy me)?
We'll see anyhow.

What about cybernet? So much less personality, the review numbers for each console generally reflect the rate at which they're released (I suppose that's the case in bits, but they do cut the N64 ones very short), and there's a clearer, more honest opinion, but while you'd think they had everything right by what you say, bits will always be infinitely superior because of the freindly warmth, the dodgy humour and the easyness on the eye, see?
Tue 24/10/00 at 18:18
The worst thing is people believe what they say as gospel.
If you think the show sucks e-mail them or It'll never change.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.