GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sports Games Advice"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 16:09
Regular
Hello - I want to get a new sports game to play - I need to play something other than PRO Evo.

So please can I have some advise over which one to get.

Either American Football, Hockey or Basketball. Anyone got any recomendations please ?
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:54
Regular
"round the outside"
madden 2001 is cheap and good..
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:45
Regular
"simpsons rule"
Madden 2002 looks good
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:18
Regular
NHL 2002 is a great game and will keep you busy for ages there is loads on it and the graphics are great with added violence. NBA Street is also a very good game. I haven't ever played a NFL game but have heard that Madden is the king.
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:05
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Madden 2002, NFL Blitz 2002 or NBA Street.

Nuff said.

:)
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:02
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Get NBA Street then nh, its only costs £20 in Most shops. Infact ive seen it for £14.99 on Amazon.

You can't really go wrong.

Ive not really played any of the NHL's, NFL's as yet, so can't really comment. I'll probably get an NHL game at some point.
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:39
Regular
"Hmmm....."
For American football, Madden 2002 would be an excellent choice. Its great.

If you want a less serious and more fun American Football game then you must wait for NFL Blitz 2002. Im waiting for this because im sure it will be fun and a great game.

NBA Street is a really good basketball game. Its not serious at all and is just a very fun game to play. I got this yesterday and its great.

:)

Dont like NHL games too much though as they are quite boring. But ive heard that both the Hitz 2002 game and the other one are very good.
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Done SSX, Tony Hawk and Shaun Palmer - I want a NFL,NHL or NBA type game but dont know which one to go for ?
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
SSX Tricky is Great Fun, its has some great features and celebrity voices for players, you can knock other snowboarders off while racing which cause amosity within the ranks and there are scene's showing the dissent between players. You can do some great tricks (most of which would probably never been in real-life) Ive also heard the NBA Street is a good game, but check out the reviews on it.
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:15
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Nah - not necessarily after anything to serious - just want a fun sports game to play..
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:13
Regular
"95% organic"
NBA Street's a good laff... as is NHL Hitz (although I've only played it a couple of times)

but if you're after more realistic games in a Pro Evo stylee, then you'll probably prefer the more traditional NHL 2002 or NBA 2002

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.