GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New NGC Magazine."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 13:44
Regular
I got the new issue of the new look NGC magazine in the post this morning.
The new looks not too bad, though the mag is a little 'wider' than most.
There's a nice free dvd with this issue that contains many videos of cube games such as Rogue Leader (even though i've got the game I watched the video and was still amazed at how cool it looked!), Wave Race, Monkey Ball, ISS2, Smash Bros, Pikmin, Star Fox and many more.
There's a nice 8 page feature on Resident Evil, Mario Sunshine, Turok & Soul Calibur 2 previews, and some pictures of a really cool looking game called 'XII', a sort of cel-shaded FPS.
Lots of news and rumours.
Reviews of Rogue Leader (87%)
ISS2 (83%)
Gauntlet (25%!)
Smash Bros (95%!!!)
James Bond Agent Under Fire (70%)
Sega Soccer Slam (76%)
And a few more rather 'average' games.

Rouge Leader & Luigi's Mansion guides & Tony Hawks hints.

The usual letters page.

A nice little feature on the Gamecube launch & exploring the GC's various features (control pad, menu screens, disk size etc.)

The best bit is on the last page. A hilarious mock-up of a Shigeru Miyamoto doll. It's a really funny picture!
Fri 10/05/02 at 21:09
Regular
Spider Monkey wrote:
> What do you lot think the best Gamecube magazine is. I ask because I
> bought an issue of Cube and thought it was rubbish, too many pictures
> and the review scores were all way too high to be trusted. Which
> magazine seems to have the best reviews in?

I've compared the latest issues of NOM and NGC (NGC issue 67 as 68 ain't arrived through my door yet) and the brand new mag G-Force.

NOM seems much better now it's changed, though a lot of information is incorrect suprisingly and the reviews are still high.

NGC is a lot more accurate and indepth about news in comparison to NOM, and despite NOM's claims to being First biggest and best, NGC seems to be the victor.

G-Force is a brilliant magazine! Every issue has a promised DVD. There's even a nice picture of a naked G-force mag model on the DVD, though suprising there ain't an age warning on the side of the DVD case. The DVD's content is brilliant and the reviews seem the most accurate I've read so far. The news is a little old but accurate, which to me is the magazine's only downer. If you see the cheats section, you'd be very very happy with it's format.

I reccomend the latter two magazines myself, but it's up to you to try and see which you prefer for yourself.
Fri 10/05/02 at 20:14
Regular
Hrmm...I was hoping for a demo disk *sulks*
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:16
Regular
NGC is definitely my favourite mag, but I just don't like the new look. I just prefer the old one, and the NGC logo before looked cool
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:14
Regular
I havent got mine either. By DVD do you mean an actual DVD for a DVD player or something for the PC? and theyve under rate ISS 2 sooooo much, it should be a 90 % plus game, that score will put so many off buying it, NOM seem to like it though.
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:36
Regular
"¬_¬"
Damn, I haven't got my issue yet. And I've subscribed. Nnnn grrrr...
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:31
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
What do you lot think the best Gamecube magazine is. I ask because I bought an issue of Cube and thought it was rubbish, too many pictures and the review scores were all way too high to be trusted. Which magazine seems to have the best reviews in?
Fri 10/05/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Strafex wrote:
> Has NGC's price gone up with this DVD?
>
> Also, have they mentioned badgering Nintendo for Demo disks yet? :-)

Well the US don't have demo disks so I can't see us getting any soon!

:)
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:44
Regular
Has NGC's price gone up with this DVD?

Also, have they mentioned badgering Nintendo for Demo disks yet? :-)
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I bought a copy of NOM for the first time since when I originally got
> my N64 and I have to say i'm quite impressed with the new look,
> there's a lot more info and I didn't see a single mention of
> Greystation or Dreampants.

Good Good!

About time they grew up!

:)
Fri 10/05/02 at 14:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Argh thats a crying shame, if only they had a few hints for some of the expert levels on SMB.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.