GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Controller"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 10:52
Regular
Now i have to say this is the most comfortable controller i have used ever on any console. I use to think this about the dreamcast controller but that took some time for me to get use to before it came confortable to me. With the Gamecube controller though i found it comfortable as soon as i play with it on Star Wars : RS2.

I have a question though is the controller analog?

Does it have similar features to the ps2 controller?
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:04
The N64 controller was by far the best controller ever for first person shooters. The game cube is better all round and the sholder bottons make it better for racing but i will miss the trigger to shoot. It is not same to shoot somebody with a botton as with a trigger. I do not like the z button on the gc but i think it will be ok as a menu button. like for inentory for rainbow six etc.
Wed 15/05/02 at 21:37
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Pasta Masta wrote:
> I still dont think you could beat the n64 controller unless they kept
> the same shape and improved the analogue.

True, the N64 controller was a masterpiece, but the Gamecube controller is slightly betta overall. The analogue stick is MILES betta, but the D-pad is positioned slightly awkwardlly on th GC controller and the C-Stick I find slightly hard to use with precision but the Excellent R and L buttons more than make up for these monir faults...

BUT.. i miss the trigger finger operated Z-TRIGGER
The N64 z-button was the best!!
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:54
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
i love the fact that it has a rumble pack built in *hugs controller*
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:39
Yes, The gamecubes controller is good ...

... unlike the xbox's rubish hard to handle one.
Fri 10/05/02 at 14:23
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I still dont think you could beat the n64 controller unless they kept the same shape and improved the analogue.
Fri 10/05/02 at 12:56
Regular
More or less the same controller really as the PS2.

D-pad and Analogue have been swapped around.

More or less the same shape.

Both built in rumble.

Less buttons up top on the Gamecube, but the trigger buttons are much better than the PS2 pressure sensitive ones. Much more degree of control with the shoulder buttons on the Gamecube which will be advantageous in racing games for acceleration. Also very cool for setting the spin on Monkey Bowling :)
Fri 10/05/02 at 10:52
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Now i have to say this is the most comfortable controller i have used ever on any console. I use to think this about the dreamcast controller but that took some time for me to get use to before it came confortable to me. With the Gamecube controller though i found it comfortable as soon as i play with it on Star Wars : RS2.

I have a question though is the controller analog?

Does it have similar features to the ps2 controller?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.