GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"help on 2 things (java script and my file downloads)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/05/02 at 04:48
Regular
ok for picture links i use javascript to open them in a new window but i cant find a script any where to make the window maximized (and nah i dont mean fit to screen) i want it to fit fullscreen and on top of the task bar..etc just like when you click the maximize button.

And last for the downloads i just wanted to know is there anyway i could stop people from linking to them i know you can on some hosts but im not too sure how on this?

Thanks alot
Fri 10/05/02 at 04:48
ok for picture links i use javascript to open them in a new window but i cant find a script any where to make the window maximized (and nah i dont mean fit to screen) i want it to fit fullscreen and on top of the task bar..etc just like when you click the maximize button.

And last for the downloads i just wanted to know is there anyway i could stop people from linking to them i know you can on some hosts but im not too sure how on this?

Thanks alot
Fri 10/05/02 at 08:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
For the downloads:

This needs to be directly disabled in Apache, which means creating a .htaccess file and stop requests with external $HTTP_REFERERs. I doubt any host would let you do this, and if they do, I have no idea how.

Anyway, I don't want you to find out. The Internet is about freedom of data, information, speech. It's corporate bloodsuckers like you that's killing it. I have an extreme loathing of you kind of people.
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:36
{16:30:52} he just wants people to acknowledge where the downloads came from..
{16:31:00} no he doesn't
{16:31:04} he wants to stop them
{16:31:08} tell him to ask people to link to a page with a link on it
{16:31:22} you :)
{16:31:27} I don't want to help him
{16:31:47} and a comment like "hosted by foobar enterprises, buy our foobars here"..
{16:31:56} mm.. gotta love a good foobar

Bleh. Can't be bothered to type it out again.
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:44
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
T0MMY wrote:
> And last for the downloads i just wanted to know is there anyway i
> could stop people from linking to them i know you can on some hosts
> but im not too sure how on this?

What do you mean by "linking to them"?
Fri 10/05/02 at 18:49
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
For the fullscreen effect:

Put this into the HEAD command of a page to open the fullscreen window when the page loads. If you'd rather have it open when someone clicks on a link, try:

The link goes here

Be sure to delete the spaces between open and ('bigpage to make it work.
Fri 10/05/02 at 23:54
Turbonutter wrote:
> Anyway, I don't want you to find out. The Internet is about freedom of
> data, information, speech. It's corporate bloodsuckers like you that's
> killing it. I have an extreme loathing of you kind of people.

Whats so wrong in me not wanting other people to steal my links they are free to download them and then upload on there site. I spend hours trying to get them all ready and then uploading for another site to come along linking to my files and taking all the credit
Sat 11/05/02 at 00:05
Twain wrote:
> For the fullscreen effect:
>
>

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.