GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Golden boot"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 20:30
Regular
Well, we're down to the last day of the Premiership season and like the title the race for the golden boot has gone down to the end. But who will win this elusive title. Out of the contenders, Nistelrooy and Henry have not won this before and Owen is only an outsider.

Here are the challengers:

Hasselbaink=23
V.Nistelrooy=23
Henry=22
Shearer=22
Owen=18

I would tip a fully fit Hasselbaink to win with ease.
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Well, we're down to the last day of the Premiership season and like the title the race for the golden boot has gone down to the end. But who will win this elusive title. Out of the contenders, Nistelrooy and Henry have not won this before and Owen is only an outsider.

Here are the challengers:

Hasselbaink=23
V.Nistelrooy=23
Henry=22
Shearer=22
Owen=18

I would tip a fully fit Hasselbaink to win with ease.
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:34
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i tip V.Nistelrooy
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:38
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Don't bet against Owen. Remember, it's the last game of the season at Anfield, and it's against Ipswich. I don't think a hat-trick would be out of his reach, and I don't see the Van Man or Henry getting two goals or more.
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think Van the man deserves it, first season in English Football and being top scorer in Eng Prem + Europe.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:32
I think, if fit, Henry will fire in a couple against Everton.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:33
I think Alan Shearer could win it, what a great season it would be for him if he gets it after hitting his 200th goal and Newcastle getting in the champions league.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:35
Regular
I think Van could bang in a few against Charlton.

Lets just say he does good against the "lesser" teams...
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, like the FA Cup and League it'll probably end up in Arsenal's favour again! :( But how can Henry even play with an injury??

Hasselbaik stands a good chance though, just as long as he's ok after the Cup Final and doesn't have a bad moral after that same game.

So van Nistelrooy would now seem to be the obvious favourite to get some goals on the last day. But think again, and you'll see it's likely that he could be rested again, and his tiredness is effecting his play.
I'm glad Holland aren't in it this summer, he wouldn't be ready!

Then there's Owen. He's the favourite, providing he can do a miracle and score a good 5 or 6 goals in just one match!!
That's something that only Liverpool fans can dream of!

I think it'll stay the same, and the top-scorer in all competitions this season should walk away with it as the table stands.
Srange how the top 3 there may not even be playing this weekend!
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:16
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
It'll be a travesty if Shearer comes through and wins it. I'll get sooo much stick off my Geordie German teacher.
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
LOL - Geordie German teacher!! I'd like to hear that!

I forgot about Shearer. I spose that he also stands a good chance, but like the others, he just has to be fit enough to play, work hard, and score a good few goals to win it safely.

But I still think that a United PLAYER will have something to cheer about, even if the United TEAM don't!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.