GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Unknowable Truth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 16:32
Regular
Proof is the goal of science.
Originality is the goal of art.
Power is the goal of politics.
Money is the goal of business.
Victory is the goal of war.
God is the goal of religion.
Laughter is the goal of comedy.
Love is the goal of romance.
But what is the goal of life itself?

The question, "What is the meaning of life" has throughout the ages been answered in hundreds of different ways, yet every answer remains to this day - questionable, and every conflicting point of view relevant only within the ever-turning sphere of speculation and debate.

The individual mind continually transposes all that it surveys down to its own limited level of comprehension: this is the prison without walls within which we all dwell and cannot escape.

When all is said and argued and repeated time and time again, we find ourselves as if naked in a strange wilderness clutching a single piece of paper on which is written the rather muted reminder: WINNING THE ARGUMENT DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN ONE HAS WON THE TRUTH.

Complete knowing is the secret door to which no one has yet found the secret key.

But if nothing else, Man is an attempter, and his purest instinct seeks endlessly undoubtable answers to the ultimate question of questions: "What is the meaning of life?"

Answers can be heard everywhere: the meaning of life is "this", the meaning of life is "that", but no answer has yet sprung into the world that can truly claim to be free of the demon Doubt.

The pure facts of reality and truth will never be fully expressed, unless of course, God confessed.

Nomad_Soul
Sat 11/05/02 at 19:00
I have a craving.
Sat 11/05/02 at 15:37
Regular
Nomad the philosopher. I'm not sure love is the goal of romance.... for most men it's sex.
Fri 10/05/02 at 22:52
Read "Why should gay people be treated differently?" post and send a reply post to it plz.
Fri 10/05/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
God created Earth? - What created God or where did he/she/it come from?

The Big Bang created planets etc after reaction of gases? - Where did these gases come from and why is there this never ending vacumn that we call space.

You can't answer either so really life's just a big mystery

*makes noises and waves arms in wave effect*
Fri 10/05/02 at 22:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
Scientists' new theory is "Creationary Evolution." It doesn't admit the existence of God, but it's something to do with each animal being "created" pefectly to adapt to specific environments.

To be honest, I don't think they know what they're talking about, and we'll never know how we came to be. If people like me are right then we'll go to heaven and find out there, and if a lot of you are right then we'll never know.
Fri 10/05/02 at 19:34
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I find it really arrogant that humans actually believe there is meaning to thier lives.

We are just another animal, but one that has evolved to a stupidly introspective level.
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:19
Regular
Hmmmm, interesting post Nomad.
There's nothing really I can add apart from that I don't have a clue what the meaning of life is either.
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:41
Regular
"That's right!"
Stryke wrote:
I'll bet my life on it.

-------

Deal
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:40
Regular
Woody Allen - "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to acheive immortality by not dying."

He's going to be very dissapointed one day. I'll bet my life on it.
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The aim is not to die...

Although everybody fails... except Superman.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.