GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"S Video lead blues"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
Hi,

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for an s video cable? Special reserve have none, are saying that the PAL Gamecube has no s video out (what???) thus they do not supply it HMV have none and I can't source one anywhere!!! help!

I need to connect my GC via my ATI All In Wonder to my PC (it has composite and svideo in - but the composite is not great, blurry graphics and fuzzy reds and greens abound) so thought S video would be the way to go. Any comments welcome.

Cheers
Fri 10/05/02 at 22:47
Regular
The PAL Gamecube does NOT have an s-video output. I bought one on 3 May and it didn't work. This is because Nintendo failed to inform the companies making the third party peripherals and so all gamecube s-video leads have been recalled.
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:17
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
FatButcher wrote:
> Could I sugest you get the digital lead that looks like it allows you
> to connect you GC directly to a PC monitor.

I wanted to source the Redant edition from Liksang - but again, the description of the product says it does not support Pal Gamecubes. If you go to the FAQ for the VGA converter product it clearly says it does not auto switch as it says on the box. This is nuts, because the PS2 version works!

Sorry to argue guys - I am just trying to get some sense out of the suppliers.

:O( Confused.
Fri 10/05/02 at 17:14
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Did it work (sorry to sound so incredulous) but if you read the description of the lead on liksang, they clearly state it does not work on the PAL gamecube!
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:30
Regular
">:)"
I had an s-video lead for my N64, and as the connectors look the same it might work on gamecube.

Hang on, i'll just check...

Oh, it doesn't work. My cable is a "spook" one, maybe other brands wouold work though...
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:27
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
liksang , i got one for about £3 , plus post and packing about £9 altogether , just get one from them.
Thu 09/05/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Tag as above"
Ouch!!
Thu 09/05/02 at 15:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
FatButcher wrote:
> Could I sugest you get the digital lead that looks like it allows you
> to connect you GC directly to a PC monitor.

Dont the digital leads cost £40.
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:35
Regular
"Tag as above"
Could I sugest you get the digital lead that looks like it allows you to connect you GC directly to a PC monitor.
Thu 09/05/02 at 14:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hello welcome to the forums, the best place i can think of is going to ebay. Good Luck
Thu 09/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Hi,

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for an s video cable? Special reserve have none, are saying that the PAL Gamecube has no s video out (what???) thus they do not supply it HMV have none and I can't source one anywhere!!! help!

I need to connect my GC via my ATI All In Wonder to my PC (it has composite and svideo in - but the composite is not great, blurry graphics and fuzzy reds and greens abound) so thought S video would be the way to go. Any comments welcome.

Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.