GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Precious Attainment"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 11:40
Regular
Precious Attainment: you know, the *PLING* of pleasure when you acquire an item of special significance or when you accumulate points of value.

-Like when Sonic collects those glinting golden rings in a flurry of swirling blue speed.
-Like when Mario after much exploration leaps into a sparkling and fizzing STAR.
-Like when your sportscar burns round a corner on Project Gotham Racing and the Kudus count *clicks* higher and higher.
-Like when Link raises aloft a sparkling destiny-transforming prize to a triumpant fanfare.
-Like when the onboard customer showers you with golden Dollars as your cab performs a sideways wheel-spinning drift on Crazy Taxi.
-Like when your skater slams into a well-hidden silver Graffiti Soul to the BOOM of a bass-drum on Jet Set Radio Future.

Ah, I could go on and on.... I love this feeling of *Precious Attainment*.

I don't about you, but I'm not content until I've collected and unlocked every secret or special item from within a game. I love to see the menu screen fill up with previously hidden and hard-to-find booty. It's like virtual treasure-hunting - a game within a game.

Perhaps the most addictive aspect of Precious Attainment is "the accumulation of points of value": like when your skate-boarder racks up a huge score whilst performing trick after outrageous trick on Tony Hawks. In fact any *combo* offers this accumulative satisfaction, and probably the best example of this is a meaty and devastating combination of fluent moves on a beat-em-up.

The sound effect which accompanies your Precious Attainment is also a very important factor: like the reverberating bell chime which greets Lara when she discovers a secret, or like the gentle rush of subtle melody which sounds when Ryo acquires an important item on Shenmue.

Precious Attainment: addictive, satisfying, wholesome and sublime - my favourite in-game incidental.
Sat 11/05/02 at 15:29
Regular
The best sound effect when you attain something in the video game has got to the sound when Sonic collects the gold rings.
Fri 10/05/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I like it when you get something from a Chest in a Temple on Zelda, especially the big chests!

It's quite dissapointing though when you open a big chest and only a Compass or something is found inside. Especially when you know that the Hero's Bow or something good can be found somewhere inside that temple.

But it's those moments that help to make the games even better!
Thu 09/05/02 at 12:23
Regular
Don't you love that little chime on Zelda when a door opens...
Thu 09/05/02 at 11:40
Regular
Precious Attainment: you know, the *PLING* of pleasure when you acquire an item of special significance or when you accumulate points of value.

-Like when Sonic collects those glinting golden rings in a flurry of swirling blue speed.
-Like when Mario after much exploration leaps into a sparkling and fizzing STAR.
-Like when your sportscar burns round a corner on Project Gotham Racing and the Kudus count *clicks* higher and higher.
-Like when Link raises aloft a sparkling destiny-transforming prize to a triumpant fanfare.
-Like when the onboard customer showers you with golden Dollars as your cab performs a sideways wheel-spinning drift on Crazy Taxi.
-Like when your skater slams into a well-hidden silver Graffiti Soul to the BOOM of a bass-drum on Jet Set Radio Future.

Ah, I could go on and on.... I love this feeling of *Precious Attainment*.

I don't about you, but I'm not content until I've collected and unlocked every secret or special item from within a game. I love to see the menu screen fill up with previously hidden and hard-to-find booty. It's like virtual treasure-hunting - a game within a game.

Perhaps the most addictive aspect of Precious Attainment is "the accumulation of points of value": like when your skate-boarder racks up a huge score whilst performing trick after outrageous trick on Tony Hawks. In fact any *combo* offers this accumulative satisfaction, and probably the best example of this is a meaty and devastating combination of fluent moves on a beat-em-up.

The sound effect which accompanies your Precious Attainment is also a very important factor: like the reverberating bell chime which greets Lara when she discovers a secret, or like the gentle rush of subtle melody which sounds when Ryo acquires an important item on Shenmue.

Precious Attainment: addictive, satisfying, wholesome and sublime - my favourite in-game incidental.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.