GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Website Was Hijacked!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/02/08 at 18:34
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
My website (www.thebonningtons.com) I have here on Freeola was hijacked and the main index.htm was changed to auto redirect to www.davidtrimble.org I have since changed the index.htm back to mine and then changed the ftp password. The htm file that replaced mine i have renamed to index2.htm if anyone wants to look at it and my ftp space reports my index.htm was replaced at 18:07 today.

Is there anything else I should be thinking about doing besides reporting it to freeola as my ftp space was broke into.
Mon 11/02/08 at 18:34
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
My website (www.thebonningtons.com) I have here on Freeola was hijacked and the main index.htm was changed to auto redirect to www.davidtrimble.org I have since changed the index.htm back to mine and then changed the ftp password. The htm file that replaced mine i have renamed to index2.htm if anyone wants to look at it and my ftp space reports my index.htm was replaced at 18:07 today.

Is there anything else I should be thinking about doing besides reporting it to freeola as my ftp space was broke into.
Mon 11/02/08 at 19:14
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We are looking into this for you.
Not sure the purpose of the redirect though!
Mon 11/02/08 at 19:39
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
cheers Eccles. It would be intresting to know how it happened.
Tue 12/02/08 at 23:12
Regular
I had the same problem at www.haveringsportscouncil.org.uk. However, I just uploaded and overwrote the index.htm file.
Wed 13/02/08 at 06:04
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for posting here Jackalsb and bustergut - it's always good to get a 'heads-up' when things like this occur.

Yesterday afternoon I actually started to reply to this asking if anything had been found - but then cancelled my post halfway through as I thought I would wait to see what happens.

That was before the 'password change' occurred.
I'm up early to continue trying to patch things up for myself and my clients on the email front...

Are Freeola able to run a report to tell which sites/pages may have been compromised as I have many domains and don't want to miss anything?

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 13/02/08 at 16:18
Regular
Although I overwrote my index file, I think I remember that the 'new' index file pointed to a construction company - buildings and all that. The pictures didn't work in the file though. May help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.