GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Premier League Going Global..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/02/08 at 22:19
Regular
"Hello?"
Our premier league is home to some of the finest football in the world. In the league we have some of the world's greatest players. So is now the time to share our great game with the rest of the world?

Personally I think that the idea of sharing the 39th game of the Premier League at various destinations around the world is excellent. It's a great boost for all the clubs in the Premier League. There is some debut that it is unfair because one of the lower clubs in the league may get drawn against on of the top teams.

Unfair? The extra game could earn a club those valuable points to avoid relegation. From a players point of view it will five them the chance to play abroad. Although a lot of the Premiership players are also playing at an international level there are some that are not. Players could experience playing in L.A or even Cape Town.

I think that the biggest positive to come of this idea is really being missed. That is that people from all over the world will get to watch a live Premiership game in their own country, on their own turf. Yeah, I'm sure most of the places listed to host these games have televised Premiership games but must agree that the real beauty of the game is watching it live. Feeling the atmosphere, tasting the rawness of the sport from the stands.

The Premiership has to be one of the best leagues in the world, so why not share just one game with various nations? There are fans of our top league living all over the globe longing to see a match in person. I'm sure that the hosting nation would have the stadiums packed with fans.

The teams will each get 5 million for their troubles so I'm sure some of the lower clubs will love this extra bit of income.

What are your views on this? Are you happy to share a game with an international host?

I know some fans do not want to see our beautiful game leave English soil but really can it hurt that much?

I guess we will soon see which pros have a fear of flying?!!
Sun 10/02/08 at 22:19
Regular
"Hello?"
Our premier league is home to some of the finest football in the world. In the league we have some of the world's greatest players. So is now the time to share our great game with the rest of the world?

Personally I think that the idea of sharing the 39th game of the Premier League at various destinations around the world is excellent. It's a great boost for all the clubs in the Premier League. There is some debut that it is unfair because one of the lower clubs in the league may get drawn against on of the top teams.

Unfair? The extra game could earn a club those valuable points to avoid relegation. From a players point of view it will five them the chance to play abroad. Although a lot of the Premiership players are also playing at an international level there are some that are not. Players could experience playing in L.A or even Cape Town.

I think that the biggest positive to come of this idea is really being missed. That is that people from all over the world will get to watch a live Premiership game in their own country, on their own turf. Yeah, I'm sure most of the places listed to host these games have televised Premiership games but must agree that the real beauty of the game is watching it live. Feeling the atmosphere, tasting the rawness of the sport from the stands.

The Premiership has to be one of the best leagues in the world, so why not share just one game with various nations? There are fans of our top league living all over the globe longing to see a match in person. I'm sure that the hosting nation would have the stadiums packed with fans.

The teams will each get 5 million for their troubles so I'm sure some of the lower clubs will love this extra bit of income.

What are your views on this? Are you happy to share a game with an international host?

I know some fans do not want to see our beautiful game leave English soil but really can it hurt that much?

I guess we will soon see which pros have a fear of flying?!!
Mon 11/02/08 at 09:45
Regular
"THFC"
I can see your point on the matter and i can undertsand why it may be a positive aspect for some countries gaining awareness, new players might get scouted etc etc

BUT

I however do not think it is the right thing to do at the moment. It has not been thought through correctly. Think about some of the tems who play all the Premier League games, most FA Cup, Carling Cup + Champions league / UEFA and International.

These players are having to go through so much strain and are normally ending up not playing their best football towards the end. I know loads of people will say well for the players getting paid all that money they should. It may bring on some more youth players but there are some small little details like the top 5 teams can not be drawn against each other. So what is Man Utd get drawn against a really good team, and Arsenal get some back alley team who are struggling to pay for a ball (extreme i know but still) Man Utd could end up losing the title, which includes the Millions of pounds they get with it.

Black8704 - i can see a positive to the proposal of this new "lottery" system as a 39th game (for some teams) but i think it is too early and needs to be thought out. They estimated the average cost of a fan from England going to a match would be £2000, and i don't think after a week at work i could fly to Ausralia to watch Tottenham play!

The FA needs to speak with the players, the managers, the fans and other governing bodies to get a full understanding of what could potentially ruin part of English Football. I know it is among the best, if not the best leagues in the world and it would be great to share it with other people who enjoy football but do not get big players, live coverage etc. But unfortunately for the moment i think it should have to stay like this.

The only reason it is being done on the FA's part is of course........ Money. they don't care if a little boy in Africa wants to watch Ronaldo take the ball down the wing!

Just my opinion and i respect everyone else's, and like you say Black - only time will tell!
Fri 15/02/08 at 19:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I can't get excited about a 39th game. It just seems to favour the bigger clubs in terms of the game they have to play and although the smaller Premiership teams will get more money, there is a big chance they'll face a big team and go down while their rivals may get 'easier' games.

If they want to make a go of taking Premier League teams to other countries, make a Premier League cup competition. The Carling Cup, as it is, is a joke. If the Championship teams and lower want to keep it, let them keep it. The Premier League teams can have a cup competition for themselves with lots of money at stake and play the semi final, final or both outside of the UK. The European place for the Carling Cup can just go back into the league.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.