GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That Skoda Fabia Advert - The Cake one!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/02/08 at 23:30
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Anyone seen that Skoda Fabia advert, you know the one where they make the car out of a cake. i recnetly found out that to do that Skoda enlisted the help of the countries finest chocolatiers, bakers and bricklayers.

This was in order to emphasize that "The New Fabia is ‘full of lovely stuff’"

Skoda swapped rivets for raisins, metal for marzipan and spark plugs for sugar.

Ingredients
• 10kg white chocolate chunks

• 20kg raisins

• 3kg orange peel strips

• 25kg dried apricot

• 12.5kg raspberry jam

• 5kg cocoa powder

• 100kg wheat flour

• 180 fresh eggs

• 100kg caster sugar

• 90kg brown sugar paste

• 50kg icing sugar

• 40kg black sugar paste

• 20kg glacier cherries

• 50kg white sugar paste

• 30kg brown almonds

• 42kg chocolate fudge

But, what a waste, After several days under hot studio lights it was deemed that the risk of scores of children and hospital patients struck down by food poisoning brought on by eating a car cake may not represent the kind of publicity Skoda had hoped for. It probably would have been fine.

Anyone remeber any other really clever adverts? such as that Honda advert where one thing started a ball rolling which hit into something else and started a "chain reaction" of sorts.
Fri 15/02/08 at 17:08
"Was the man of marz"
pb wrote:
> Incidentally, that ad got 139 complaints when it aired and was
> banned from being shown before 7:30pm!

Wasn't the record amount of complaints (at least at the time) for the KFC, emerging helpline women, singing with their mouths full. I didn't realise a chicken wrap could offend so many people
Thu 14/02/08 at 13:05
"possibly impossible"
Worst advert is that annoying one focusing on the worst aspect of the Renault Megane, the backside. Why exactly would you want to draw attention to the monstrosoty that is the boot of a Renault Megane?

Incidentally, that ad got 139 complaints when it aired and was banned from being shown before 7:30pm!
Thu 14/02/08 at 11:00
Regular
"eat toast!"
Yeah it was a waste. Whilst people in africa starve, skoda can waste food just to make them richer.

Terrible. put it in a hall, make children sign wavers and let them gorge themselves on it. Or feed it to animals and fatten them up for christmas or something.
Wed 13/02/08 at 20:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It was a real cake? What a waste of food.
Mon 11/02/08 at 16:22
"Was the man of marz"
Twain wrote:
> Anyone remember the Honda dvert with the choir singing car
> noises?

Yeah, here

It believe it's the Nissan Qashqai that was being ridden like a skateboard. The model itself is doing quite well, which I find a bit odd, as since Renault took over all of their models are looking fairly bloated.
Sun 10/02/08 at 23:47
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Anyone remember the Honda dvert with the choir singing car noises?

Or one which I particularly like is one which I can't actually remember the make of the car, but you see a pair of legs in smart shoes and nothing else of the figure, standing on top of the car and using it to do skateboard tricks.
Sun 10/02/08 at 21:32
"Was the man of marz"
Shepps 123 wrote:
> Honda advert where one thing started a ball rolling which hit
> into something else and started a "chain reaction" of
> sorts.

Here it is
Honda do seem to make less irritating adverts, such as the hate something example, or the impossible dream one.

As for Skoda, they're now tidy cars, and VW has achieved a similar feat with Seat (although you could argue that the metaphorical bar wasn't set as low). Volkswagen are still one of the best manufacturers in terms of build quality, but not in terms of price, as I've always thought that their prices where inflated due to their partnership with Audi.
Sun 10/02/08 at 18:54
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Skodas aren't as bad as they used to be, that's essentially what it means. Does that make VWs worse? Not as far as I see it, they've not got an old Skoda influence going, right?

I'd have loved to eat some of that car, though. Definitely something to tell people about... and why not preserve it under a giant cake tin when you're not filming? :)
Sun 10/02/08 at 00:30
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Skoda Fabia... aka Volkswagen Golf.

That's either a revelation on the quality of modern Skodas, or a damning insight into the quality of the current crop of VW's. Anybody want to vote?
Sat 09/02/08 at 23:30
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Anyone seen that Skoda Fabia advert, you know the one where they make the car out of a cake. i recnetly found out that to do that Skoda enlisted the help of the countries finest chocolatiers, bakers and bricklayers.

This was in order to emphasize that "The New Fabia is ‘full of lovely stuff’"

Skoda swapped rivets for raisins, metal for marzipan and spark plugs for sugar.

Ingredients
• 10kg white chocolate chunks

• 20kg raisins

• 3kg orange peel strips

• 25kg dried apricot

• 12.5kg raspberry jam

• 5kg cocoa powder

• 100kg wheat flour

• 180 fresh eggs

• 100kg caster sugar

• 90kg brown sugar paste

• 50kg icing sugar

• 40kg black sugar paste

• 20kg glacier cherries

• 50kg white sugar paste

• 30kg brown almonds

• 42kg chocolate fudge

But, what a waste, After several days under hot studio lights it was deemed that the risk of scores of children and hospital patients struck down by food poisoning brought on by eating a car cake may not represent the kind of publicity Skoda had hoped for. It probably would have been fine.

Anyone remeber any other really clever adverts? such as that Honda advert where one thing started a ball rolling which hit into something else and started a "chain reaction" of sorts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.