GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"USB"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/05/02 at 21:15
Regular
I think nintendo made a big mistake in not using usb ports in gamecube.

My brother has them on his PS2, and they are damn useful. For starters, I can plug in my USB modem to his ps2, which lets us play THPS3 online (its the only online game he has)

Also you can plug in a keyboard which is always useful...

Imagine the possiblities though USB ona console. It would probably onyl be a matter of time before some bright spark devised a way of transfering data between a PC and GC, like save game files etc...

Going back to modems, its kind of a cheek to make player buy a special GC modem, whcih will onyl work with a gamecube, when they could use the modem they already have for their pc.

If the controller sockets were USB, that would be great. You could use your GC pad to play PC games.

Anyone know anything else useful you can do with usb?
Wed 08/05/02 at 22:40
Regular
">:)"
indeed, 2 is a bit cheap. I was genuinley shocked when I saw PS2 only had 2 ports. I thought other consoles had learned from the brilliance of the N64 that 4 ports is the way to go.
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
if nintendo used usb controller ports, then in theory, you could also use pc controllers for your gamecube. nintend use their own peripherals because they can make much more money that way. if people have to buy things that are made buy nintendo (or things from which nintendo make a profit) then it's a goodd thing for them. that's why ps2 games don't work in an xbox, or why gcn games don't work in a ps2, because this way, people wouldn't have to buy nintendo specific products.
also - the ps2 isn't that great, it may have usb, but it has limited uses, also sony make their money on multitaps (not all of it, obviously). now two controller ports is a bit cheap.
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:15
Regular
">:)"
I think nintendo made a big mistake in not using usb ports in gamecube.

My brother has them on his PS2, and they are damn useful. For starters, I can plug in my USB modem to his ps2, which lets us play THPS3 online (its the only online game he has)

Also you can plug in a keyboard which is always useful...

Imagine the possiblities though USB ona console. It would probably onyl be a matter of time before some bright spark devised a way of transfering data between a PC and GC, like save game files etc...

Going back to modems, its kind of a cheek to make player buy a special GC modem, whcih will onyl work with a gamecube, when they could use the modem they already have for their pc.

If the controller sockets were USB, that would be great. You could use your GC pad to play PC games.

Anyone know anything else useful you can do with usb?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.