GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"nintendo not what they could be."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/05/02 at 20:29
Regular
nintendo are'nt doing wery well changing their image, and they arent really helping themselves. hold Z down on gamecube boot up and their will be squeaky noise and laghter? please, is this neccacary? luigi's mansion could be a bit more sereous, and far more gory. god, is there any wonder why they have a kids image.

secondly, they have very few games for the gamecube that aren't ports from dreamcast or PS2. as does the game boy advance, cept' with snes games
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Put it this way: Someone's gotta sell game suitable for kids!
Otherwise the youngest ones will miss out, and won't start gaming untill their teens - meaning that companies will miss out on almost BILLIONS of cash due to this!
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Nintendo rule...most the time.

---

I agree.
Thu 09/05/02 at 20:21
Regular
I just did that Z thingy. I think its Nintendo saying laughing (no pun intended) at the people who think the games are childish.
Wed 08/05/02 at 23:05
Regular
I won't here a bad thing said about Nintendo

*puts fingers in ears*

At the moment i'm on Cloud 9 with my Gamecube it funning rules.
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:35
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Nintendo rule...most the time.
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
i eat babies becaus they taste good in 'california cheeseburgers' enough questions
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:27
Regular
Nintendo are still trying to seem more adult but some still see Nintendo with a Kiddy image...

But, with these sales, many people have looked past that and realised that Nintendo are growing more adult with better games and a sliker look.
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:11
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Very good. psstt... 'why do you eat babies?'
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
nintendo can't really change their image, as they are primarily a japanese company, and in japan, they are primarily a childrens manufacturer. this means that they can have adult adverts over here, but games coming out of japan which are made by nintendo will primarily be for children, as that who makes up their mass amrket. if they can appeal to this market, then why not, after all, they only want to mae money, and the xbox and ps2 don't appeal to under under 12s. i thin kthat if nintendo want to get rid of their kiddy image (which could be a bad thing) they should just not have any qualms about releasing adult games. for instance: the rare dispute about suggestive themes. nintendo need to understamd how to be more free and easy with their games acceptance. it may be to do with mario club being the primary tester for all gamecube games. mario club (a japanese testers association, unique to nintendo) don't like western themed games, like FPSs, and it is generally these games which are considered 'adult'
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:05
"+ suspicious minds"
thanks, i don't really want nintendo to go all gory on me, i wouldn't like that very much at all, but still, little old men with childrens voices don't make sense

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.