GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Social network Group"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/02/08 at 11:31
Regular
I am trying to create a social networking group on one of my sites, I have gotten a script from hotsripts.com. It runs on MYSQL that I have purchased from freeola.

Does anybody know how I import the script,when I am logged into the freeola mysql ?

Or do I upload the script through cuteftp ?

I have been trying ages to get round this MYSQL stuff, when I am logged in it seems pretty complex!!

Anybody have any ideas about networking groups?
Sun 10/02/08 at 01:21
Regular
I have had another fiddle about with it, it now seems to be working.

Thanks very much Eccles, Top Guy
Sun 10/02/08 at 00:42
Regular
Hi Eccles

I tried the one you suggested, I filled out the correct sr number and password for the mysql database. But it failed, I got the following message.

MySQL Database Test Result:
Failed to connect to the database. The server replied:
Unknown MySQL server host http (1)

Just wondering why this could be !!
Sat 09/02/08 at 12:31
Regular
Hiya Eccles

thanks very much for that, I will give the one you mention a try.

Cheers
Fri 08/02/08 at 18:21
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Phpizabi seem ok.
Download it from here.
Unzip the file and upload the contents of the PHPizabi 0.848b C1 folder to your webspace htdocs folder.
Browse to www.yourwebaddress.com/install/ and follow the instructions.
Step 5 of the install process will ask you for you MySQL details, which are available in your MyFreeola account.
Tables prefix can be left as it is or changed to whatever you want.
Database Username is you MySQL sr number.
Database Password is your MySQL password.
Hostname should be changed from localhost to http://mysql.freeola.net
Database name should be your MySQL sr number.

Hopefully that should get you up and running.
Fri 08/02/08 at 16:32
Regular
Hiya Eccles

thanks for the reply, I am trying to upload a social networking script. I have downloaded a few to try, they are php.

Perhaps you could suggest a good script I could try.

Thanks
Fri 08/02/08 at 15:18
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I'm assuming the script is written in PHP and has some SQL files you are meant to use to create the necessary tables in your MySQL database.
Generally with scripts you import the SQL into your database using phpMyAdmin, modify the configuration parameters in the script (to tell it how to connect to your database) and then upload the script to you web space.
Without knowing what the script is I cannot be of further help. I suggest you read any documentation that came with the script or visit the creator website, where they may have detailed instructions.
Fri 08/02/08 at 11:31
Regular
I am trying to create a social networking group on one of my sites, I have gotten a script from hotsripts.com. It runs on MYSQL that I have purchased from freeola.

Does anybody know how I import the script,when I am logged into the freeola mysql ?

Or do I upload the script through cuteftp ?

I have been trying ages to get round this MYSQL stuff, when I am logged in it seems pretty complex!!

Anybody have any ideas about networking groups?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.