GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star X"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/05/02 at 15:52
Regular
At last! Starfox is finally going to make it's debut on a handheld console - the GameBoy Advance obviously!

This time, Fox McCloud and the crew are back in Star X.
The game features 22 levels of space-blasting fun and some on-ground work from the Starfox team too!
This is only for the Single Player. The multiplayer 4-way link-up could also be a good reason to make you splash some more cash on a top Ninty product this month - yes, THIS MONTH!!

The SNES-like graphics look better than before on the GBA's tiny screen, even with a screen full off crafts and bombs it keeps it's cool.
It's not actually by Nintendo, and no, it's not Rare.
It is infact from 'BAM!' - just like good-old Wolfenstein 3D, also out this month.

So, what do you expect from what could be yet another brilliant Starfox game?? I cannot wait! Only problem is I will wait, as my hard-earned money will be going on GameCube, N64, and eventually Dreamcast games instead.

There'll be time for all these GBA games sometime in the future...
Thu 09/05/02 at 22:15
GD: The most obvious influence on Star X seems to be Nintendo and Argonaut's Star Fox on Super Nintendo. How far would you say this influence affects your game?

RW: Star Fox was one of our influences over the look and general game dynamics, but we've always maintained that Star X should be a completely new game. It's definitely bringing original features and ideas to the GBA, as opposed to cloning the ideas of others.

From Games domain

It ain't Star Fox, its just a game that looks like it. Sorry to burst your bubble. If you have some info that says it is please tell me where. What is great news is Namco making Star Fox for the GC.
Thu 09/05/02 at 21:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
O get you!

;-)
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
this is all great, but BAM! are not pretty good at all, they are mediocre and this star x games main selling point is it's 'image of 3d' visuals. great, it will be generic and boring. i wouldn't buy it if i were you.
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'BAM!' are pretty good developers aren't they!

Star Fox is seemingly goijg througha craze at the moment - RThe lovely Adventures, the new Arcade/GC space sim, and the GBA game. YAY!
Wed 08/05/02 at 17:20
Regular
I am looking forward to see how this turns out. I just hope Star Wars Rogue Leader doesn't set too high a standard for GBA games of similar type to be compared to.
Wed 08/05/02 at 17:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Does no-one really care about Starfox at all!! :O
Wed 08/05/02 at 15:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
At last! Starfox is finally going to make it's debut on a handheld console - the GameBoy Advance obviously!

This time, Fox McCloud and the crew are back in Star X.
The game features 22 levels of space-blasting fun and some on-ground work from the Starfox team too!
This is only for the Single Player. The multiplayer 4-way link-up could also be a good reason to make you splash some more cash on a top Ninty product this month - yes, THIS MONTH!!

The SNES-like graphics look better than before on the GBA's tiny screen, even with a screen full off crafts and bombs it keeps it's cool.
It's not actually by Nintendo, and no, it's not Rare.
It is infact from 'BAM!' - just like good-old Wolfenstein 3D, also out this month.

So, what do you expect from what could be yet another brilliant Starfox game?? I cannot wait! Only problem is I will wait, as my hard-earned money will be going on GameCube, N64, and eventually Dreamcast games instead.

There'll be time for all these GBA games sometime in the future...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.