GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Man With Nothing To Lose"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/05/02 at 21:14
Regular
Picture this, the year is 2010 and Tokyo is a run down city that is ran by organised crime groups and thieves which patrol the streets day and night looking for trouble, it is inhabitable, no-one dare walk out on the streets and it is all footed by a company known as 'Gracious'. After nearly 8 years when his wife and kids were murdered in a brutal drug attack on his home, 'Max Payne' is the only man who can stop the world from hitting rock bottom! Tokyo is the new leader of financial power and politics mean nothing! 'Gracious' operate from a large multi-story building which can be seen from nearly everywhere in its run down surroundings. On one desperate night 'Max Payne' knows what he has to do and the night of Pain will start all over again! The company is lead by a drug-lord known as 'Python Pete' that will not stop at domination! 'Max Payne' once more is going to get gritty with the scum of the earth only this time things are going to get a whole lot harder!

November 23rd 2010, the snow falls onto the ground like bullets from a gun, the wind howls through the mid-night air as Max wanders through the streets of Tokyo, Max's target is 'Cyphlone'! 'Cyphlone' is the building where all the drugs and trouble is coming from and there is only one thing left before the world hits depression and that’s 'Pay Back'! The homeless pity in their own misery as the snow falls upon their mere possessions, drugs are being handed out like candy and no longer does anyone give a damn about civilisation, Tokyo was once the leader of world power and by the looks of it now it will never be the same again. Max nears the building with a plan that no other man would dare to even think of never mind carry out, Max is going to put an end to the misery of the once dominant Japanese empire. Armed with 2 Barettas, a shotgun and an M-16 Max's face tells a story that a million words could begin to explain. Anger is upon him as he knows what he is going to face, life is going to get a whole load more than he could ever have imagined but all he can think is about his family and the debt he owes to them to put an end to drugs and world depression, Max is once again 'a man with nothing to lose' but in this case everything to gain!

The building stands 300 feet high and the term 'prison' could only explain the security that worked the ground floors, imagine a building with all the world leaders in at one time, the security would be enormous but in this instance it would be like guarding an empty shopping trolley as what can be lightly described as the worlds most powerful building lie in front of Max and with one man and aim in mind words alone can not describe how he feels.

As Max swiftly moves around to the river-side view of the building he manages to silence 2 guard dogs which patrol the 'mid-night gates' and get into the inner rims of 'hell on earth'. The security on the first floor is too much for him and the out-side elevator leading to the upper floors is jammed due to a mechanical failure caused by the extreme weather conditions so the first under-ground floor is where he will have to go and then find a route up from there. Bang-Bang-Bang! Max leaps into slow motion eliminating the enemy threat guarding the side window entrance and as he quickly runs past he picks up their weapons and continues to the side entrance.

Once in Payne takes out the buildings first 3 floor plan and heads towards the nearest electricity terminal, with the power down Max knew he would stand a better chance against the foe's he would come up against. The building seems very derelict and silent, a bit too silent for Max's liking. With the blue and red power terminal taken out the elevators would be no longer in use, well not strictly in use but they are still accessible.

As the snow caves in through the open windows bare phone cables sparkle in the night’s air as water meets its worst enemy. Max rips the elevator doors open and begins to ascend up the 300 foot concrete jungle which is lightly described as a building, with guns strapped to his chest and a man on his mind! The 'Python' was hiding on the top floor of the facility and Max knew he would be hard to reach but having come this far the determination on his mind far out grew his need for warmth and the little comforts in life which he managed to forget 9 years a go when his wife and child were brutally murdered.

Payne leapt out of the elevator shaft 21 floors off the top. Suddenly! B-----A----N-----G, whoosh! Max shot into bullet-time taking out the emergency lights and 3 terrorists with his M-16. The far window smashed as 2 more jumped through firing into the air, lighting up the atmosphere with their guns of mercy! Max dodged the bullets and rolled into the stair well leading to the top floor, security was now on the look out and Payne was their target!

Clang-Clang-Cling! Max's feet crashed on the pale, heartless metal as he swiftly moved towards his target on the top floor, his guns were the mercy of his prey and he was now more determined than ever before. He reached the final floor before being attacked by 4 head-cases armed with nothing; Max pulled out his barretas and shot them dead before stamping on their bodies like a door-mat and proceeding into the next room. The 'Python' swivelled around in his chair before coming out with... 'Well, well, well Mr.Payne, what a pleasant surprise, do not be alarmed by exit I don't like party poopers, hahahahahahahahah! You never really got to the bottom of your wife’s murder well here I am, in the flesh! Shoot me Mr.Payne, GO ON! SHOOT ME! Ease your pain Mr.Payne, hahahahahahah!' 'I knew this guy was dangerous but cracking jokes against a man with nothing to lose is not a good idea, the American Dream which I was living was great, the summer days playing out in the garden and the nights in with my wife and daughter, nothing could bring these back but there is always ways of easing my pain!' B-------------A-------------N----------G!

The night once again is still young, I will not rest until I reach the bottom of this never ending story, my pain is still strong but with every bullet shot things would get a little easier, the 'Python' might have got out of this one but I am going to hunt him down until I get what is rightfully mine, JUSTICE! My night has only just begun and I promise I will get revenge, stay tuned for more Max Payne!
Tue 07/05/02 at 21:14
Regular
Picture this, the year is 2010 and Tokyo is a run down city that is ran by organised crime groups and thieves which patrol the streets day and night looking for trouble, it is inhabitable, no-one dare walk out on the streets and it is all footed by a company known as 'Gracious'. After nearly 8 years when his wife and kids were murdered in a brutal drug attack on his home, 'Max Payne' is the only man who can stop the world from hitting rock bottom! Tokyo is the new leader of financial power and politics mean nothing! 'Gracious' operate from a large multi-story building which can be seen from nearly everywhere in its run down surroundings. On one desperate night 'Max Payne' knows what he has to do and the night of Pain will start all over again! The company is lead by a drug-lord known as 'Python Pete' that will not stop at domination! 'Max Payne' once more is going to get gritty with the scum of the earth only this time things are going to get a whole lot harder!

November 23rd 2010, the snow falls onto the ground like bullets from a gun, the wind howls through the mid-night air as Max wanders through the streets of Tokyo, Max's target is 'Cyphlone'! 'Cyphlone' is the building where all the drugs and trouble is coming from and there is only one thing left before the world hits depression and that’s 'Pay Back'! The homeless pity in their own misery as the snow falls upon their mere possessions, drugs are being handed out like candy and no longer does anyone give a damn about civilisation, Tokyo was once the leader of world power and by the looks of it now it will never be the same again. Max nears the building with a plan that no other man would dare to even think of never mind carry out, Max is going to put an end to the misery of the once dominant Japanese empire. Armed with 2 Barettas, a shotgun and an M-16 Max's face tells a story that a million words could begin to explain. Anger is upon him as he knows what he is going to face, life is going to get a whole load more than he could ever have imagined but all he can think is about his family and the debt he owes to them to put an end to drugs and world depression, Max is once again 'a man with nothing to lose' but in this case everything to gain!

The building stands 300 feet high and the term 'prison' could only explain the security that worked the ground floors, imagine a building with all the world leaders in at one time, the security would be enormous but in this instance it would be like guarding an empty shopping trolley as what can be lightly described as the worlds most powerful building lie in front of Max and with one man and aim in mind words alone can not describe how he feels.

As Max swiftly moves around to the river-side view of the building he manages to silence 2 guard dogs which patrol the 'mid-night gates' and get into the inner rims of 'hell on earth'. The security on the first floor is too much for him and the out-side elevator leading to the upper floors is jammed due to a mechanical failure caused by the extreme weather conditions so the first under-ground floor is where he will have to go and then find a route up from there. Bang-Bang-Bang! Max leaps into slow motion eliminating the enemy threat guarding the side window entrance and as he quickly runs past he picks up their weapons and continues to the side entrance.

Once in Payne takes out the buildings first 3 floor plan and heads towards the nearest electricity terminal, with the power down Max knew he would stand a better chance against the foe's he would come up against. The building seems very derelict and silent, a bit too silent for Max's liking. With the blue and red power terminal taken out the elevators would be no longer in use, well not strictly in use but they are still accessible.

As the snow caves in through the open windows bare phone cables sparkle in the night’s air as water meets its worst enemy. Max rips the elevator doors open and begins to ascend up the 300 foot concrete jungle which is lightly described as a building, with guns strapped to his chest and a man on his mind! The 'Python' was hiding on the top floor of the facility and Max knew he would be hard to reach but having come this far the determination on his mind far out grew his need for warmth and the little comforts in life which he managed to forget 9 years a go when his wife and child were brutally murdered.

Payne leapt out of the elevator shaft 21 floors off the top. Suddenly! B-----A----N-----G, whoosh! Max shot into bullet-time taking out the emergency lights and 3 terrorists with his M-16. The far window smashed as 2 more jumped through firing into the air, lighting up the atmosphere with their guns of mercy! Max dodged the bullets and rolled into the stair well leading to the top floor, security was now on the look out and Payne was their target!

Clang-Clang-Cling! Max's feet crashed on the pale, heartless metal as he swiftly moved towards his target on the top floor, his guns were the mercy of his prey and he was now more determined than ever before. He reached the final floor before being attacked by 4 head-cases armed with nothing; Max pulled out his barretas and shot them dead before stamping on their bodies like a door-mat and proceeding into the next room. The 'Python' swivelled around in his chair before coming out with... 'Well, well, well Mr.Payne, what a pleasant surprise, do not be alarmed by exit I don't like party poopers, hahahahahahahahah! You never really got to the bottom of your wife’s murder well here I am, in the flesh! Shoot me Mr.Payne, GO ON! SHOOT ME! Ease your pain Mr.Payne, hahahahahahah!' 'I knew this guy was dangerous but cracking jokes against a man with nothing to lose is not a good idea, the American Dream which I was living was great, the summer days playing out in the garden and the nights in with my wife and daughter, nothing could bring these back but there is always ways of easing my pain!' B-------------A-------------N----------G!

The night once again is still young, I will not rest until I reach the bottom of this never ending story, my pain is still strong but with every bullet shot things would get a little easier, the 'Python' might have got out of this one but I am going to hunt him down until I get what is rightfully mine, JUSTICE! My night has only just begun and I promise I will get revenge, stay tuned for more Max Payne!
Wed 08/05/02 at 13:00
Regular
Good stuff. Are you the script writer for Max Payne 2?

I really liked the story on Max Payne. Yeah the rhetoric was slightly over-the-top, but what the hell, it suited the game perfectly and created a cool and gritty atmosphere.
Wed 08/05/02 at 18:34
Regular
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Good stuff. Are you the script writer for Max Payne 2?
>
> I really liked the story on Max Payne. Yeah the rhetoric was slightly
> over-the-top, but what the hell, it suited the game perfectly and
> created a cool and gritty atmosphere.

Thanks Nomad, I wish I was a script writer for Max Payne but at 15 I can only hope that someone in the business will read one of my posts and hopefully ask me to get involved, I would love to do something like this though.
Wed 08/05/02 at 18:50
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Good stuff. Are you the script writer for Max Payne 2?
>
> I really liked the story on Max Payne. Yeah the rhetoric was slightly
> over-the-top, but what the hell, it suited the game perfectly and
> created a cool and gritty atmosphere.

I have that game on the x-box but have u found its 2 dark to truely enjoy on a console???
Wed 08/05/02 at 18:50
But yea I love the game oozes such class
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:12
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> But yea I love the game oozes such class.

I totally love it and I have a great idea that would work really well with Max Payne 2, I just wish I could get near the script writer becuase I know a story which would fit the second installment superbly.
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:21
do you have in on the x-box
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:32
Regular
I have completed it 4 times on PS2 and I rented it on the X-BOX and completed it once, my brother depseratlet wants it so with the GAD I won for 2 days a go I have asked them if I could claim that instead for him, his birthday is in June so I hope they will let me.
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:39
Have you noticed on a console it is really dark ?? I have to play mine at like half 10 to fully enjoy and the x-box version is better than the pc's I think
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:52
Regular
I agree, the X-BOX version is better than the PC version, I played on it til pretty late and I totally love that game, it is aimed at a mature audience and more experienced gamers and that explains the X-BOX as well, I just can't wait for Max Payne 2, the game rocks and I really enjoyed the story.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.