GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am thinking of buying a Gamecube or Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/05/02 at 20:55
Regular
I have been thinking about buying a Gamecube or and Xbox and I was just wondering which one you guy's think is better.

The Gamecube has had some great feedback from owners but I am slighty put off by the N64. I had an N64 and I didn't really like it to be honest, I felt there where far to many kids games and I thought that overall there just weren't enough games. I have heard Nintendo have tried to put this right buy selling more games and they are aiming at the more older generation for their releases. I don't mind games like Sonic and Mario but their not the sort of games that I would go out and buy, but then on the other hand I have heard that Star Wars: Roque Squadron Leader is supposed to be excellent and Resident Evil is supposed to be a brilliant as well. So can people tell some releases that are due out on Gamecube please.

The Xbox has been given a bit of abuse from what I've heard, but with games like Halo and Wreckless I can't understand why. I haven't had a go of an Xbox yet as few people have them so can I get some feedback on this.
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I made my own console.
It has lifelike graphics and cannot be beaten.

Only problem is that it only has one game - Barbies Great Adventure!

Point being that you go for games, not the specs. So far I feel that the GC has far more better games that the Xbox and will continue to in the future.
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The ugly Black/Green box has no loading times as well - But God the Cube is fast!
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:30
Regular
Plus the no loading times is sweeet :-)
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I got a cube, one official controller, Luigis Mansion, Burnout and Rogue Leader (three top class games) and a huge memory card - for only £240. With the XBox, that is only one game - Price can make a difference.

Plus, the current rlease schedule is completely in Gamecubes favour - SSBM, Resi Evil, any Mario game you want is still to come, Turok 4, ED, Zelda (or two!) plus many others.
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I too was once torn between GC or x-box, but now I've made my decision, the Gamecube. It has a much better selection of games and is at a great price, plus the graphics of most of these games look stuning. I'll be getting my GC just as soon as I sell my PSone.
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:54
GC all the way. it actually looks like it is gonna beat Xbox, hopefully. plus, you get Super Smash Bros. Melee. positively the best multiplayer game ever, provided you have 3 mates who are all pretty equal and feel they have a chance of winning.
however, i am quite nintendo biased. i feel this bias has strong roots though, if that means anything.
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:48
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
GC is very simillar to DC as its games base are both different and offer fabulous games. I can see xbox just piping Gc in the coming years as mature games does sell unfortunently :) (just look at the hype surrounding ps2 , it killed Dc and dint derserev to.
My advice is if ya have got ps2 get a gc, if ya havent get xbox,or ya could just bye all 3...... ahahhahahaah the n youll have no complaints no arguing etc
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:15
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
It depends on what games your into to begin with. GC has a very good gameing heritage as NINTENDO have been making games for years so they know there stuff . GC will feature some of the best games ever to be relesed as mario zelda etc will NOT BE RELEASED on any other console.The chaep price , the siz eof the thing , the superb controller ( best 1 of the 3 next gens,xbox and ps2 )
make GC a exceelent console and i reckon itll all do very well for itself

The XBOX is the new kid in the block as is MICROSOFT in the console gameing wars .
If people can rember way back to october 1995 ( when ps1 was relesed) that was also considred inferior to the up and coming NINTENDO machine N64.
Looking at PS2 and ps1s track record they will not be catched , maybe lapped at some point but by that time ps2 would have won the race and finished 1st :)

Basikly its down to what games you prefer.
SEGA have pledged loyality to both GC and XBOX, more so then to ps2 (featuring simple rehashes of old DREAMCAST games , CRAZY TAXI , VIRTUA TENNIS , SPACE CHANNEL 5 , etc allthoses these games are top class :) XBOX and Gc will be getting the better of the bunch ( the only game that has been solely devolped for the ps2 being virtua fighter 4 which was canned for the dc in its final hours.....sigh
SEGA will deffently make things happen for both consoles as their herritage , as does Ninty , shows some bloody good games, and i mean bloody good
Games that atound out the most from segas plans of devolpement are SHENMUE 3 ( 2 being confirmed for xbox , 3 not as yet tbc) PSO 2 ( the proper follow up to the best online console RPG out at the moment ,altho GC will be recieving version 2 of pso which is rewroking of version 1 for DC.
THESE ARE THE KILLER GAMES that every 1 wants to get hold off , including ps2 :) these games are what make consoles woth getting as did HALO for XBOX and RESIDENT EVIL for GC.
It basikly boils down to what games ya wnat ta play

GC has best controller , exclusive games , very good 3rd party support and GBA link up ONLINE GAMEING (alltho ninty dont approve of online gameing-fact

XBOX has superior specs,a built in hard-drive for games saves ,loading times,quality of games etc, a beast of cotroller,and some huge backing from SEGA -3rd or 4th best devolper at moment or in nxt 2 years anyway
SEGA saying that megadrive saturn (:) ) and DREAMCAST games being re-relesed for th xbox , EVERY 1S A WINNER

if ya like games like platformers , multiplayers (altho xbox also offers multiplay and broadband *available when servers are ready * exclusove games such as RESI EVIL 1,2,3 AND 4 Mario, zelda ,star fox,PSO,and perfect dark
GET GC

if ya like games such as fps shooters ,the best fps being a little game by the name of HALO a superb driving game by the name of PROJECT GOTHAM ( easily equales GT3, well accordining to EDGE magazine it does,PROJECT EGO,LOADS OF SEGA GAMES PSO 2SHENMUE SERIES(maybe lol) a huge sports base for american and english games hockey football etc and super relistic grown up mature games get xbox

THE CHOICE IS INDEED YOURS

( I still dont know what 1 ta get -price over power?hmmmmmmm
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm a Ninty.

;-)
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I would say that GC is better and more worth your money.

It also has better games, and looks cooler.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.