GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"doshin the giant???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
I dont know if you remember or not but some years ago a game was mentioned in a few n64 mags.
that game was"Doshin the giant" apparently it was gonna be like nothing seen before completely inovative.
then.........nothing.
until about two or three years later when instead the afore-mentioned doshin seemed to be destined for the fabled 64dd add-on.
as before it was touted as truely innovative blah blah blah but of course the 64dd never saw the light of day on these shores and neither did doshin.
fast forward to the current day and i am reading CUBE magazine and in the next month section at the back what do you think i see?
thats right you guessed it the words "Doshin the giant" right in front of me.
does this mean we will finally get to see this most innovative game?
and why did nintendo keep putting it off until now?
or maybe it's just some chronic wind-up to bug people like me?
:)
Wed 08/05/02 at 20:38
Regular
">:)"
I know quite a lot about this game. YOu play the role of a big yellow giant, and you have to go around a small islands doing things. If you do nice things for people, like flatten land, and rescue sheep, the people will love you, and you will get bigger, and more yellow... THe bigger you get, the more help you can be... or the more destructive. Doing bad deeds like squashing people, and jumpingon their houses makes you go red, and evil.

It sounds like a classic balance between good and evil game, and is quite comparable to black and white.

From what I have heard it doesnt sound that revolutionary anymore, but there is still a chance it will have been improved since then.
Wed 08/05/02 at 20:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
truth is, doshin was released on the 64dd, but because nobody bought one, nobody knows about it. it is a god game where you use powers like 'pull landscape' to help out little villagers. you can be good or evil (like black and white) but because it's a nintendo game, if you are evil, you get smaller and lose powers. i wouldn't buy it, but who knows. i like monkey ball
Wed 08/05/02 at 20:08
Regular
"are you serious"
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> Doshin the giant is actually already out in Japan

gr8 news can't wait to get it over here

fingers crossed :0)
Wed 08/05/02 at 18:59
Animal Forest + has a release date set over here - i think, but i cant remember when it is. Its sometime this year though
Wed 08/05/02 at 18:41
sounds like a good game to me. =) hopefully it comes out over here along with animal forest plus :)
Wed 08/05/02 at 10:23
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
It looks a bit like black and white from what I've seen, here's hoping it gets released over here!
Tue 07/05/02 at 22:40
Doshin the giant is actually already out in Japan
Tue 07/05/02 at 22:33
Regular
"are you serious"
as much as i love nintendo i think your probably right elven queen "taker of souls" indeed!
;0)
Tue 07/05/02 at 21:11
I've never heard of Doshin the gaint but to tease and not produce the goods doesn't seem fair.
I think that nintendo should put up or shut up as regards this title.
Tue 07/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
"are you serious"
I dont know if you remember or not but some years ago a game was mentioned in a few n64 mags.
that game was"Doshin the giant" apparently it was gonna be like nothing seen before completely inovative.
then.........nothing.
until about two or three years later when instead the afore-mentioned doshin seemed to be destined for the fabled 64dd add-on.
as before it was touted as truely innovative blah blah blah but of course the 64dd never saw the light of day on these shores and neither did doshin.
fast forward to the current day and i am reading CUBE magazine and in the next month section at the back what do you think i see?
thats right you guessed it the words "Doshin the giant" right in front of me.
does this mean we will finally get to see this most innovative game?
and why did nintendo keep putting it off until now?
or maybe it's just some chronic wind-up to bug people like me?
:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.