GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freddie Ljungberg"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 19:38
Regular
What hasn't this man done for Arsenal this season!!
He made sure that the FA Cup would be returnig to Highbury after a 4 year vacation with a nice finnish, once again he's porved that he has a nack for scoring against Man United, and he's also left the Champions far behind with a large number of important goals throuhout this season - home and away!

He's also been playing well for Sweden as I understand, but I just don't get why he wasn't even considered as a potential candidate to win the votes of either the Players themselves or the Football Writers, as their 'Premiership Player of the Year'!???
With a season like he's had, even greater than his first few at Arsenal, he must have a strong case to be named as a contender along with team-mate Robert Pires - if not a better placed one!
Surely, if the votes were taking place now, he'd be in after that FA Cup goal.

Wow, I never thought that as a United fan, i'd be able to say so much about a player that I detest so much for several performaces at both Club and International level!
If this is what I think of him then Arsenal fans must be running up the walls with excitement!! And if I can say this as a United boy, then maybe one or two of the White Hart Lane lads has something nice to add too.

All this talk about him but no outside intrest has been recognised from the likes of Barcelona in Spain, or even struggling Fiorentina at the wrong end of Serie A in Italy. But is this the next step for Freddie the Swede??? Will a move to a bigger, success-prone European Giant of a club (like Real Madrid) help Ljungberg improve his game further-more and help him become a star at international level as Sweden's 'Key for Success'??

Surely there's still a lot more to come from one of Sweden's most valuable assets (up there along with Eriksson), but he just needs to know how to realise it and put it to use.
Remember when he first arrived at Arsenal?? I bet he coudln'y believe it when he was given 'Ian Wright's no.8 shirt - we couldn't!
The expectations were high of him, so he knew he had to perform well. And he did - notabley with his first goal (of many to come) againsy Manchester United at Old Traford. I bet no-one thought he'd perform aswell as the legend that is Ian Wright. I bet there'd now be a fierce contest going on between the 2 for the no.8 shirt if old Wrighty was still around.

Publicity and recognition like this is seen as a great thing by many players and fans before it reaches themselves or the player they idolise.
Regular headlines and comments from sources around the world can vastly improve a player's thoughts on himself, but sometimes make them 'big-headed' and see themselves as 'bigger than the other players' - like the big-name 'Prima-Dona' players of today. I fear this may happen to Ljungberg.

He's never really been a player to recieve a lot of attention and praise, like I mentioned earlier. But it happens to every payer who performs well, so it's gotta happen soon for the Swede! When this does arrive he could start to see how big and well-loved he really is, and I think he was starting to notice this in the FA Cup final, as he looked around in amazement as the thousands of Arsenal fans were chanting his name.
I don't think he's the type of player who will break his loyalties with a club to get more money (eg. Sol Campbell), but the thirst for honours and regular success is something that every top footballer experiences.
This may happen soon to Arsenal's Freddie, and with a move elsewhere, he may also get more media and world-wide attention, increasing his Ego while his medal collection grows rapidly too.

Because he is a top footballer (I hate to admit it!) I hope that he doesn't eventually decide to follow his Ego but instead makes all the right descisions for all the right reasons.

Well, maybe it'd be ok if he messed up early for England's sakes this summer, and United's next year! ;D
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What hasn't this man done for Arsenal this season!!
He made sure that the FA Cup would be returnig to Highbury after a 4 year vacation with a nice finnish, once again he's porved that he has a nack for scoring against Man United, and he's also left the Champions far behind with a large number of important goals throuhout this season - home and away!

He's also been playing well for Sweden as I understand, but I just don't get why he wasn't even considered as a potential candidate to win the votes of either the Players themselves or the Football Writers, as their 'Premiership Player of the Year'!???
With a season like he's had, even greater than his first few at Arsenal, he must have a strong case to be named as a contender along with team-mate Robert Pires - if not a better placed one!
Surely, if the votes were taking place now, he'd be in after that FA Cup goal.

Wow, I never thought that as a United fan, i'd be able to say so much about a player that I detest so much for several performaces at both Club and International level!
If this is what I think of him then Arsenal fans must be running up the walls with excitement!! And if I can say this as a United boy, then maybe one or two of the White Hart Lane lads has something nice to add too.

All this talk about him but no outside intrest has been recognised from the likes of Barcelona in Spain, or even struggling Fiorentina at the wrong end of Serie A in Italy. But is this the next step for Freddie the Swede??? Will a move to a bigger, success-prone European Giant of a club (like Real Madrid) help Ljungberg improve his game further-more and help him become a star at international level as Sweden's 'Key for Success'??

Surely there's still a lot more to come from one of Sweden's most valuable assets (up there along with Eriksson), but he just needs to know how to realise it and put it to use.
Remember when he first arrived at Arsenal?? I bet he coudln'y believe it when he was given 'Ian Wright's no.8 shirt - we couldn't!
The expectations were high of him, so he knew he had to perform well. And he did - notabley with his first goal (of many to come) againsy Manchester United at Old Traford. I bet no-one thought he'd perform aswell as the legend that is Ian Wright. I bet there'd now be a fierce contest going on between the 2 for the no.8 shirt if old Wrighty was still around.

Publicity and recognition like this is seen as a great thing by many players and fans before it reaches themselves or the player they idolise.
Regular headlines and comments from sources around the world can vastly improve a player's thoughts on himself, but sometimes make them 'big-headed' and see themselves as 'bigger than the other players' - like the big-name 'Prima-Dona' players of today. I fear this may happen to Ljungberg.

He's never really been a player to recieve a lot of attention and praise, like I mentioned earlier. But it happens to every payer who performs well, so it's gotta happen soon for the Swede! When this does arrive he could start to see how big and well-loved he really is, and I think he was starting to notice this in the FA Cup final, as he looked around in amazement as the thousands of Arsenal fans were chanting his name.
I don't think he's the type of player who will break his loyalties with a club to get more money (eg. Sol Campbell), but the thirst for honours and regular success is something that every top footballer experiences.
This may happen soon to Arsenal's Freddie, and with a move elsewhere, he may also get more media and world-wide attention, increasing his Ego while his medal collection grows rapidly too.

Because he is a top footballer (I hate to admit it!) I hope that he doesn't eventually decide to follow his Ego but instead makes all the right descisions for all the right reasons.

Well, maybe it'd be ok if he messed up early for England's sakes this summer, and United's next year! ;D
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:55
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
I just can't believe that no team has sussed out how he plays like when he makes the run across the defenders to stay onside and then cuts in after the pass. He at least deserved to be a candidate for an award but he was out injured for a couple of months.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It seems simple, but a player like Ljungberg is versitle and can also link up well with a variety of players in a variety of playing styles.
I think he started as a winger at Arsenal, but he has since worked his way into central midfield positions, and also behind the strikers.

And it was also an injury that threatened Pires' chance of winning the award. Well, that and the fact that a HUGE majority of football fans world-wide keep their eyes on Man United!
But yes, Ljungberg and Pires could've both won the award!
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:13
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
He still is a winger but spends the majority of his time infield like in the cup final against Chelsea, The problem is that he, Henry, Bergkamp and Pires have such good fotballing minds they can come up with anything out of the blue and the team mate will know where the ball will be played.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yep, a good unserstanding between attacking players helps the team to score goals and create chances. And that's something Arsenal definitley have, and may also have helped them to the success of this season.

But what do you think about Ljungberg for the future??
He is a similar player in many ways to the likes of Bergkamp and Henry, and they've already been linked with the big names on several occasions. Ljungberg hasn't, yet, but do you agree with what I said in the main post about how all this attention and being a bigger name could effect him mentally and ruin him??
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:23
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Ljunberg is to calm and laid back to worry about what is being said about him or who he is compared to, let alone ruin him and his game.
Tue 07/05/02 at 18:49
Regular
To be honest with you i never thought little red hed would make it even into the Arsenal Midfield. With the likes of Van Bronkhorst moving to left wing and Pires to right win he didn't seem to have a chance in hell.

But now Pires is best on left and Freddie is definately number 1 for Right Wing. Maybe even centre?? But anyway Larsson and Ljungberg are definately two of the best of the Swedish national team.
Tue 07/05/02 at 20:13
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i agree he is an oustanding player and has scored some great goals
Wed 08/05/02 at 13:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I still think he's better in the centre for Arsenal, with Parlour out wide on the right. We've all seen how well he does in those central roles, just look at how many goals he's scored this season from central runs into the box! There's not really anyone quite like him in the Premiership!

And it also looks like it pays off to say nice things about people. Even if you don't like them! Thanks SR! :D
Wed 08/05/02 at 16:08
Regular
Freddie Ljungberg is a great player and will be a real threat when England play Sweden as will Henrik Larson.

Congrats on the win.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.