GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa Glitchy?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 17:03
Regular
This is for anyone who's got Fifa...

Is it just me, or is the game very "glitchy". I don't mean that is in there are loads of bugs in it, but it seems when I play a match it's not smooth.

Whereas PES on PS2 is very smooth (and indeed MOST football games) Fifa seems not to be smooth at all.

Anyone else had this or is it my disc?
Mon 06/05/02 at 17:03
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
This is for anyone who's got Fifa...

Is it just me, or is the game very "glitchy". I don't mean that is in there are loads of bugs in it, but it seems when I play a match it's not smooth.

Whereas PES on PS2 is very smooth (and indeed MOST football games) Fifa seems not to be smooth at all.

Anyone else had this or is it my disc?
Tue 07/05/02 at 13:44
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
It's the game - it runs at a pi55 poor frame rate and has awfull collision detection. The colours are too bright and garish and it's far too easy to win.

Usual Fifa quality then ...
Tue 07/05/02 at 21:37
Regular
Get ISS 2 instead it's great, rent it if you don't believe me.
Tue 07/05/02 at 23:32
"High polygon count"
nh wrote:
> Usual Fifa quality then ...

Not strictly true...

The gameplay of FIFA has always been iffy, but I've never had problems with smoothness/framerate - even on PS1 in an 8-player game.

Sounds to me like EA have cocked up the conversion.
Tue 07/05/02 at 23:38
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> nh wrote:
> Usual Fifa quality then ...
>
> Not strictly true...
>
> The gameplay of FIFA has always been iffy, but I've never had problems
> with smoothness/framerate - even on PS1 in an 8-player game.
>
> Sounds to me like EA have cocked up the conversion.

Well... to be fair, EA have cocked up, but I wouldn't say they've cocked up the "conversion".

Let's put it in more simple terms. EA HAVE COCKED UP.

There, tell it like it is.

ALSO, I'm not sure anyone's mentioned yet, EA have REALLY got to sort out their compression techniques for game saves. Fifa takes up a stupid forty something blocks of the fifty something blocks on a standard GC memory card.

It stinks of Smackdown3 on the PS2, and it's something that I am seriously upset about. You almost need to have a seperate memory card just for that one game!

I wouldn't mind, but WHAT THE HELL DOES IT SAVE? There's no edit mode, no create mode, NOTHING, other than World Cup and Exhibition. How much space do you need to save a few options and unlocked teams?

This is EA at it's very best... VERY POOR.
Tue 07/05/02 at 23:54
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Tell me about it, I only changed the game setting and it has used 49 blocks. I have not saved any game, so why take 49 just for that!
Wed 08/05/02 at 09:46
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
viperfire1956 wrote:
> Tell me about it, I only changed the game setting and it has used 49
> blocks. I have not saved any game, so why take 49 just for that!

Because once again EA have proven what they're really all about. It's an absoloute disgrace that you should be expected to buy a new memory card for that one game! Look at other launch games. Luigi's Manision, Rogue Leader, and i'm sure many many more. NONE of them require a memory card to themselves!

EA need to get their act together, because as it stands their beginning to get a reputation as a publisher whose standards are dropping dramatically with each and every release.
Fri 10/05/02 at 12:16
I too thought Fifa was surprisingly jerky when I first booted it up and played.

However, I think this can be attributed to the game speed chosen. By default this is net to 'slow' I switched mine to fast and the fastest, and it is much, much smoother. Give it a go, it might help if you haven't done so already.

Camach

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.