GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Rock!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 16:20
Regular
After reading 'The Rocks' Biography I just couldn't miss out on telling you all about his life and what the book is based upon, after scoring a very high mark in my Enlgish coursework I would like to share with you my account of 'The Rock' with Joe Layden.

Know your role, layin the smack down and the Rock Bottom are all phrases that we commonly associate with the rock.

The Rock as many of you already know, is a WWF superstar who performs outrageous moves in front of millions of viewers who either watch him through their tele-vision sets or view him on the internet. The Rock commonly known as, ‘THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT’ entertains his viewers from the minute they turn the TV on, to the minute they turn it off leaving some viewers not believing what they actually watched. To find out more on what The Rock does and is I read a biography on him entitled ‘The Rock Says… (By Joe Layden).

The book has a lot to offer from as soon as you open it to the minute you close it, but what I wanted to find out was if and what this book has to offer that others don’t.

The book takes you through a corkscrew of The Rock’s provocative life which spirals from high to low throughout the adventure of his exciting and packed life. It starts off with the prologue, The Rock in his present day form (a WWF Superstar) but then goes on to show us how he got to where he is today and how he fought for what he believed in.

The Rock didn’t go straight into the wrestling business like his dad or grandfather he took a different route through life, which saw him at one of America’s biggest American football clubs as a semi-professional footballer who had the talent to go all the way to the top of his profession but to a brutal and life threatening injury which took him out of football and made him re-think his life and how he wanted to plan it.

At this point in stepped his father who helped him choose a career that would see him where he is today, but it didn’t come that easy he had to fight for what he wanted.

The Rock’s footballing career is only briefly explained over a few chapters in the book, but it was a prime part of his life, which nearly got him signed onto the Miami Dolphins NFL team.

As the book progresses his life is thrown into turmoil when he sees his best friend fall to his death whilst practicing a move in training. Owen Hart was a great friend of The Rock but he always wanted to take things to another level unfortunately he fell 75 feet of scaffolding landing head first straight through the canvas of the ring breaking his neck in two, he was announced dead on the spot.

After witnessing the tragedy of Owen Hart’s death he wanted to do something in life, which would get him recognized as a person, and to do what Owen Hart would of wanted him to do. The Rock trained night and day practicing at every moment he had knowing what the end result would be, a life in show business.

The Rock has a very versatile image which sees him wearing 500$ shirts and glasses which are 1500$ upwards not to mention hi 5000$ Rolex watch which gives The Rock the image he has today.

The Rock has several on set enemies, which include the infamous Stone Cold Steve Austin, the sinister Undertaker and KANE, all this adds to the glamour of wrestling at its best.

The book draws to a climax at the end which finishes the book off where it started at WRESTLEMANIA 11 where he is going to take the his first WWF championship belt off Stone Cold in a match that would last over 50 minutes. The fans say this is one of the most electrifying witnesses in sports entertainment but I have seen a lot better of The Rock since then which shows how exhilarating The Rock can make us feel.

The Rock is now the biggest sports entertainer on the planet, rating along side with Pele and Mohammed Ali. Although wrestling is pre-rehearsed, the thrill of watching these athletes perform what they do is a mystery to fans of all ages.

The book is filled with different emotions, which include love strife and funny anecdotes, which leaves the reader stunned at what they are reading. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes sport or anyone who loves wrestling this book is truly amazing.

Joe Layden has written another biography on Mankind a friend of The Rock’s who is also in the sports entertainment business.

The Rock is known as the 'coolest person' that you could ever come across in life and is certainly a person who I would want to meet in my lifetime.

If anyone is interested in 'The Rock in anyway, get this book. I enjoyed it more than any other book that I have ever read and although 'WWF' isn't everyone cup of tea you are sure to like this book. Thankyou for reading and please feel free to comment on 'The Rock' and ask any questions related to this article.
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:20
Regular
After reading 'The Rocks' Biography I just couldn't miss out on telling you all about his life and what the book is based upon, after scoring a very high mark in my Enlgish coursework I would like to share with you my account of 'The Rock' with Joe Layden.

Know your role, layin the smack down and the Rock Bottom are all phrases that we commonly associate with the rock.

The Rock as many of you already know, is a WWF superstar who performs outrageous moves in front of millions of viewers who either watch him through their tele-vision sets or view him on the internet. The Rock commonly known as, ‘THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT’ entertains his viewers from the minute they turn the TV on, to the minute they turn it off leaving some viewers not believing what they actually watched. To find out more on what The Rock does and is I read a biography on him entitled ‘The Rock Says… (By Joe Layden).

The book has a lot to offer from as soon as you open it to the minute you close it, but what I wanted to find out was if and what this book has to offer that others don’t.

The book takes you through a corkscrew of The Rock’s provocative life which spirals from high to low throughout the adventure of his exciting and packed life. It starts off with the prologue, The Rock in his present day form (a WWF Superstar) but then goes on to show us how he got to where he is today and how he fought for what he believed in.

The Rock didn’t go straight into the wrestling business like his dad or grandfather he took a different route through life, which saw him at one of America’s biggest American football clubs as a semi-professional footballer who had the talent to go all the way to the top of his profession but to a brutal and life threatening injury which took him out of football and made him re-think his life and how he wanted to plan it.

At this point in stepped his father who helped him choose a career that would see him where he is today, but it didn’t come that easy he had to fight for what he wanted.

The Rock’s footballing career is only briefly explained over a few chapters in the book, but it was a prime part of his life, which nearly got him signed onto the Miami Dolphins NFL team.

As the book progresses his life is thrown into turmoil when he sees his best friend fall to his death whilst practicing a move in training. Owen Hart was a great friend of The Rock but he always wanted to take things to another level unfortunately he fell 75 feet of scaffolding landing head first straight through the canvas of the ring breaking his neck in two, he was announced dead on the spot.

After witnessing the tragedy of Owen Hart’s death he wanted to do something in life, which would get him recognized as a person, and to do what Owen Hart would of wanted him to do. The Rock trained night and day practicing at every moment he had knowing what the end result would be, a life in show business.

The Rock has a very versatile image which sees him wearing 500$ shirts and glasses which are 1500$ upwards not to mention hi 5000$ Rolex watch which gives The Rock the image he has today.

The Rock has several on set enemies, which include the infamous Stone Cold Steve Austin, the sinister Undertaker and KANE, all this adds to the glamour of wrestling at its best.

The book draws to a climax at the end which finishes the book off where it started at WRESTLEMANIA 11 where he is going to take the his first WWF championship belt off Stone Cold in a match that would last over 50 minutes. The fans say this is one of the most electrifying witnesses in sports entertainment but I have seen a lot better of The Rock since then which shows how exhilarating The Rock can make us feel.

The Rock is now the biggest sports entertainer on the planet, rating along side with Pele and Mohammed Ali. Although wrestling is pre-rehearsed, the thrill of watching these athletes perform what they do is a mystery to fans of all ages.

The book is filled with different emotions, which include love strife and funny anecdotes, which leaves the reader stunned at what they are reading. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes sport or anyone who loves wrestling this book is truly amazing.

Joe Layden has written another biography on Mankind a friend of The Rock’s who is also in the sports entertainment business.

The Rock is known as the 'coolest person' that you could ever come across in life and is certainly a person who I would want to meet in my lifetime.

If anyone is interested in 'The Rock in anyway, get this book. I enjoyed it more than any other book that I have ever read and although 'WWF' isn't everyone cup of tea you are sure to like this book. Thankyou for reading and please feel free to comment on 'The Rock' and ask any questions related to this article.
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Hmmm....."
hhhmmmm
Ive got the book but ive not even started to read it yet because ive not finished Mick foley's one yet.

:(

I bought them when they first came out aswell.
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:29
Regular
It is a great book and definatley worth a read even if 'WWF' is not your fortie.
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Id love HHH to bring out a book like those of Mick and Rocks. That would be cool.

Doubt he will though.
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:47
Regular
Hercules! wrote:
> Id love HHH to bring out a book like those of Mick and Rocks. That
> would be cool.
>
> Doubt he will though.

He isn't as 'cool' as 'The Rock' though so it wouldn't be read and liked as much.
Mon 06/05/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well i know that id read it anyway so im no bothered what everyone else thinks.
Mon 06/05/02 at 17:52
Regular
Hercules! wrote:
> Well i know that id read it anyway so im no bothered what everyone
> else thinks.

I don't know if I would but I might check it out.
Tue 07/05/02 at 01:09
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I've been a fan of the Rock practically since he came in it (and I'm not just saying that) I remember liking the way he used to do that stupid thing/kung fu type dance thing with his hands before hitting someone (no not where he spits on his hands) watch some early videos, you will see what I mean.

I've never read any of their books.

Thing is he dosn't seem to do gimmick matches no more, i'm presuming because he doesn't want to be in bad shape for his film carrer.

There's only so much we can stand of the Rock being in boring one on one matches, I still like him though, best WWF (or should I say WWE now) entertainer going.

Go Rock!
Tue 07/05/02 at 01:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
garbe123 wrote:
> I enjoyed it more than any other book that I have ever read.

Out of curiosity, how many books have you read?
Tue 07/05/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I've got both The Rock's and Mick Foley's and Foley's is FAR better.

I'm not into WWF anyway, but I'd still quite like to see a Triple H biography. I'd gladly read that. After all, he is the Game! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.