GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wasps are stupid"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 15:32
Regular
I sat and watched a wasp for about ten minutes... it kept crawling up to the top of the window where it was open... then crawling back down... and then flying into it... and then crawling up until it was almost up then crawling back down and then flying into it.

I was going to kill it but was too scared as it was the size of a golf ball.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Woah dude!"
WOW!

These are great stories to tell at our meetings.

Keep 'em coming.
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:50
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I got stung by some huge wasp in florida (i think it was a hornet) i got worried because i thought you could fall into a coma with a sting like that! I didnt hurt at the time but the tip of my finger was constantly throbing. j
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I remember once last year (after one of my GCSE exams) when I was walking home from school that I saw these 2 bees.
They were being annoying and flying infront of me but I didn't hit them. I was going to but then I realised 'If I only hit one... OUCH!' So I left them alone.

I carried on walking and they kept in my way.
They then both started flying in circles like they were gunna attack me or something when suddenly... *SMACK*!! They both BIZZARELY flew into each other!!

It was just one of the funniest things i've ever seen, and I couldn't stop laughing for a few mintues! And the smack, one of the loudest things you'll ever hear as they fell to the ground, dead.

Maybe they meant to hit each other??? But it's just something you have to look-out for if you ever do start 'wasp/bee-watching'!

Heh!
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:42
Regular
"Hmmm....."
simon45 wrote:

> Anyone care to join?

--------

NO!
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:38
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Hey i've got a great idea!

Why don't we start some sort of waspwatchers club.

We could call ourselves Watch-a-wasp.With each member affectionately bieng called a 'waspie'.

Have regular monthly meetings where we discuss the crazy antics of 'The Wasp'.Also,we could bring along our sketches of the best wasp we've seen during the past month.

T-shirts can be made (black and yellow - of course!),and hats with funny wasp anecdotes printed on them.

Then there's the food - wow ,just think of all the highly amusing wasp related recipes we can think of.

The possibilities are endless my friends,and at the end of each monthly meeting,we can all hold hands and give thanks to 'The Mighty Wasp'.

Anyone care to join?
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:01
The other day, there was a wasp doing the same as what you said. So I got some cardboard, and chucked it out the window.

Then looked proud
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:00
Regular
"95% organic"
big_slow wrote:
> i once stood and watched a wasp for around 10mins aswell. it was in my
> garden just floating in mid air not moving. i tried to throw stone at
> it but it moved out the way and carried on with its floating. evil i
> tell you!

Aha, you have been fooled. That there was a hover-fly, which are cunningly disguised to look a bit like wasps so that you don't squish them.

But wasps are indeed rubbish. They're just crap skinny bees who failed their honey-making exams.
Mon 06/05/02 at 17:56
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I once watched a wasp for 25 minutes (sorry to steal you're thunder SHEEPY) on a bus into the city.

It was immensely boring. At least with paint there a point where you get high (the go unconcious)

And it wasn't a very interesting wasp either. It just sat there.

Alone.
Mon 06/05/02 at 17:53
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> I sat and watched a wasp for about ten minutes... it kept crawling up
> to the top of the window where it was open... then crawling back
> down... and then flying into it... and then crawling up until it was
> almost up then crawling back down and then flying into it.
>
> I was going to kill it but was too scared as it was the size of a golf
> ball.

And he says wasps are stupid.....

Why did you stay watching it for 10 minutes? That's for people like David Attenbrough to do, as they get paid for it. lol.
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:46
Hercules! wrote:
> Lawless Fever wrote:
>
> "I stood on this MASSIVE wasp type thing and it came flying
> after
> me."
>
> Wasps are stupid!? The irony! You lot give the human race a bad name
> ;D
>
> ------------
>
> Why was my comment stupid?
>
> ;D

yeah, why was his comment stupid?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.