GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sales - good?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 12:33
Regular
Well, we now know that 50,000 or so gamecube's were pre orderd, and
10,000 sold in the first couple of hours of being on sale.
What i would be interested to know is how much of a sucsess this really is. Also, what were the Ps2's initial figures. How does the cubes launch compare to the ps2's and xbox's.
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:53
I've seen loads of GC ads....especially on Game One. But I dunno if you get that channel....(I live in france :)
Mon 06/05/02 at 17:05
Regular
I read in a newspaper two weeks ago that the PS2 sold 52,000 units during the first week of its launch, X-box only managed 48,000 even though they had plenty of consoles to sell at the time.
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:40
"Mimmargh!"
Eyamod wrote:
> I have only seen the game cube advert once and I watch TV a lot so
> When my mates came round and I asked them if they were getting a game
> cube they replied "a what?" so I doubt it did very well in
> England as no one even Knew about.

Your 'mates' hardly represent the British population lol...
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:21
Regular
The seemed to play the ad in the evenings a lot. That Luigis Mansion one is kinda weird, but cool.
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Eyamod wrote:
> I have only seen the game cube advert once and I watch TV a lot so
> When my mates came round and I asked them if they were getting a game
> cube they replied "a what?" so I doubt it did very well in
> England as no one even Knew about.

After not seeing the ad for a while, I have seen the whole pne 3 times, the RL one once, the Wave Race ad a few times, and the Luigis Mansion one tons! I think people who need to know (ie potential Nintendo players) about the GC do, and those who aren't interested don't.
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:02
Regular
"-_-"
sorry got a bit confused fofgot SMB stands for super Monkey ball
Mon 06/05/02 at 12:59
Regular
"-_-"
I have only seen the game cube advert once and I watch TV a lot so When my mates came round and I asked them if they were getting a game cube they replied "a what?" so I doubt it did very well in England as no one even Knew about.
Mon 06/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That is in the Uk only (both pre-orders and launch sales) - I doubt it beat the PS2, but I think, throughout the whole of Europe, it beat the Xbox.
Mon 06/05/02 at 12:33
Well, we now know that 50,000 or so gamecube's were pre orderd, and
10,000 sold in the first couple of hours of being on sale.
What i would be interested to know is how much of a sucsess this really is. Also, what were the Ps2's initial figures. How does the cubes launch compare to the ps2's and xbox's.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.