GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good morning nintendo people"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/05/02 at 12:29
Regular
Or is it the afternoon?Oh well I guess it doesn't really matter seeing as NO-ONE IS HERE.
Oh well they're probably enjoying themselves on the game cube and I'm all by myself (This reminds me of a song by feda)on the internet .
This is why I'm not on my gamecube...I don't have one. I wasn't in when parcel force came on Friday and now I have to collrct it on Wednesday
*sigh*
But seeing as I was bored I went on my N64 (this reminds me of the good old days *sniffle*) and went on a game I haven't been on for ages Zelda Ocarina of time. And by the way it ROCKED. I remember completing it and then leaving it in the cupboard top gather dust becauser it took me AGES to complete it .But I forgot how good it feels to complete another 'chapter' than completing the entire game.So, what i'm trying to tell you all you cube players is still go back to your goodold n64 sometimes as it still gives you the warm tingly feeling inside when you complete another chapter than another game.

So, Mr.Nintendo if you're listening(or reading) way up there in the sky(or in your sky scraper) please start making big games that you complete a 'part' of everytime you go on it because they do have replay value like little games do you just doesn't have as much replay value because it takes you longer to complete it.

Thanks for reading
>>EYAMOD<<
Sat 11/05/02 at 19:33
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
evilist wrote:
> Then came the news that the price was going to be slashed. As the
> price I had already been told was £260, The £50 cut took
> my cube down to £110. Nice :)

That's a cut of £150, not £50.
Sat 11/05/02 at 16:22
Regular
">:)"
OOoooh I had such fun on gamecube launch day. Let me tell you my story...

Ok, I had ordered my gamecube in march, from amazon. Originally it was going to cost around £260 for a gamecube, mem card, Luigi's mansion and Smash bros.
Then came the news that the price was going to be slashed. As the price I had already been told was £260, The £50 cut took my cube down to £110. Nice :)

So friday 3rd arrived. I was pretty excited, and was planning all the fun I was gonna have with my cube.

I am in the last year of my A levels, and I had a free lesson 1st, so I didnt have to go into school till 9:30. I thought my cube might arrive before I left, but It didnt. I only had 1 lesson that day, and I came home as soon as it was finnished (around 10:30).

My mum was home, and I had told her I was expecting a parcel. But when I got home I learned that parcel force had been and gone, becuae no-one had answerd the door. He had left a note saying he would drop it off the following tuesday (monday was a bank holiday).

I was soooooo angry at thi. I had been waiting over a year for this console, and I had missed it by just 1 hour! SO UNFAIR!

My mum had rang up parcelforce to tell them that we were in, and they said they would tell the river, but I doubt they did. Anyway, I rang them at 3:00 to see where my parcel had got to, AND THEY HAD TAKEN IT BACK TO THE DEPOT! The pigs!

I wasnt going to wait any longer, so I took action into my own hands. I got in my car, and drove myself into Leicester. According to the map I had, the depot was just on the other side of the city. I got to the ring road, and was looking for the way. I must have taken a few wrong turnings, because when I rang up parcelforce for directions I was heading back the opposite way.

At this point I was getting really frustrated. I had no idea where I was, and all i wanted was to go home. But I stuck at it, and eventually I found myself going the right way. I arrived at parcel force pretty triumphantly, parked my car, and went into the customer reception. I rang the bell and waited for someone to come.

Eventually a man came, and I handed him the card that had been left at my house by the driver. He dissapeared through a door for what seemed like ages, and eventually returned carrying my parcel. When He asked me to sign for it, I couldnt seem to make my hand write, so just scribbled randomly.

Then I left that place to try and find my way home. I managed that ok, and arrived home at about 5pm.

I ripped open the box to get out my wares. I was so pleased to finally have my cube. And when I plugged it in and turned it on, It was definately worth all the hassle.

so the moral of the story is - GO TO THE DEPOT AND PICK IT UP!
Sat 11/05/02 at 15:02
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
*sniff* Remember the good ol' days. I have a PS2, with MGS2, and I still play my N64. But, coming to that, I still play my Amiga and Megadrive, as well! What's the point getting rid of a perfectly good console if you enjoy it, eh?
Fri 10/05/02 at 15:59
Regular
"-_-"
guess what?
I actually got it on Tuesday!
I got sonic, Iss2 and rogue leader and I'm also getting ssbm
Mon 06/05/02 at 13:46
"Mimmargh!"
Never mind, your lucky to be getting it on Wednesday.
It's ironic that many people on these forums ordered a Cube through the post and it didn't come yet my friend and I found one easily in town by buying it directly. Though mine was pre-ordered my friends was not but he still found one eventually...oh well thats the way the cookie (or Cube?) crumbles...
Mon 06/05/02 at 12:29
Regular
"-_-"
Or is it the afternoon?Oh well I guess it doesn't really matter seeing as NO-ONE IS HERE.
Oh well they're probably enjoying themselves on the game cube and I'm all by myself (This reminds me of a song by feda)on the internet .
This is why I'm not on my gamecube...I don't have one. I wasn't in when parcel force came on Friday and now I have to collrct it on Wednesday
*sigh*
But seeing as I was bored I went on my N64 (this reminds me of the good old days *sniffle*) and went on a game I haven't been on for ages Zelda Ocarina of time. And by the way it ROCKED. I remember completing it and then leaving it in the cupboard top gather dust becauser it took me AGES to complete it .But I forgot how good it feels to complete another 'chapter' than completing the entire game.So, what i'm trying to tell you all you cube players is still go back to your goodold n64 sometimes as it still gives you the warm tingly feeling inside when you complete another chapter than another game.

So, Mr.Nintendo if you're listening(or reading) way up there in the sky(or in your sky scraper) please start making big games that you complete a 'part' of everytime you go on it because they do have replay value like little games do you just doesn't have as much replay value because it takes you longer to complete it.

Thanks for reading
>>EYAMOD<<

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.