GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box vs GameCube vs PS2, which is the greatest?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 20:26
Regular
Well, all the next-gen consoles have been released in England, and now it's time for a large debate. Which is the best? Unfortunately, we cannot decide until all the facts are straight. And even then, it appeals to peoples personal taste. So we have to split it up into catergories. Before the conversation starts, PS2 wins on the DVD front. X-box has one, but it's even more expense, and the Panasonic Q/ GameCube DVD will never get here, let alone be released in America.
So, let the debate begin. I'm biased slightly towards Nintendo/Sega, but I do respect the PS2 and X-Box.
Oh, and the GameCube has other apart games than kiddies games (Resi Evil, Soul Calibur, Wave Race, Tony Hawks 3, etc) before we get to that style of 'but I wouldn't get a GC 'coz it has kiddies games' debating.
Sun 05/05/02 at 20:26
Well, all the next-gen consoles have been released in England, and now it's time for a large debate. Which is the best? Unfortunately, we cannot decide until all the facts are straight. And even then, it appeals to peoples personal taste. So we have to split it up into catergories. Before the conversation starts, PS2 wins on the DVD front. X-box has one, but it's even more expense, and the Panasonic Q/ GameCube DVD will never get here, let alone be released in America.
So, let the debate begin. I'm biased slightly towards Nintendo/Sega, but I do respect the PS2 and X-Box.
Oh, and the GameCube has other apart games than kiddies games (Resi Evil, Soul Calibur, Wave Race, Tony Hawks 3, etc) before we get to that style of 'but I wouldn't get a GC 'coz it has kiddies games' debating.
Sun 05/05/02 at 20:49
Arrrrrr yes it's the old 'pic the best' post again is it, right then. well the PS2 is in its prime right now with fantastic games and new gadgets and gizmos coming out by the day, the xbox is new to the market, its been here for a couple of weeks, its a BIG mean snot machine with a few descent games and a clever music downloader for games, it offers (like the PS2) people to watch DVD's but the thing cannot fit into the average size home. the gamecube is the latest console to reach the streets of Britain, it's small, sometimes purple, and has the image of a luxury handbag, but it offers some good games and the controllers nothing to be sniffed at either, the discs are addequatly sized so they easily fit into your pocket along with the rest of the console.
so the best console out at the moment i think is the PS2, frankly because its been out longer and has more to offer than the other 2 so far.
Sun 05/05/02 at 20:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
If GameCube and XBox have games of the same standard, I will buy XBox instead, even at a slightly higher price. Nitendo do not seem to respect their fans at all, and I want games which are a challenge to complete.

I bought an N64 in the last generation, because things were different back then. Nintendo made games, pure and simple. Just like everybody else, only better.

But Nintendo lost my faith. They treated us badly in the UK, with very few N64 games actually getting released here at all. I got no refund after the £100 price drop which followed the release.

Where was the sequel to Mario 64? If you set the standard of a genre in a a game, you should at least be able to make another during the lifespan of the console, shouldn't you?

Ocarina Of Time was an excellent game, and Majora's mask was an excellent idea. It was about 1/5th of the length. I would've felt a little cheated if I'd bought it instead of renting it.

Nitendo have been arrogant, and out of touch with the fans. They haven't tried to find out what people wanted, instead assuming that their games will be what we want. Times have changed. Nintendo haven't.
Sun 05/05/02 at 20:54
You happen to get the idea to do this post by the example they give you at the naming of the post/thread thing. If not, i seem to re-call this post being done a few times before. Hmm
Sun 05/05/02 at 20:58
To be honest I really don't know but I most like the PS2 and X-box the most.

The Playstation 2 continued the PSOne reign and has had some great games come out but it seems to have gone a little bit out of the picture since the arrival of the X box and the Gamecube. The PS2 will always have a great variety of games and I think thats what makes it so popular with all the gamers.

The X Box has had very mixed opinions from what I have heard, people saying that it is too big and hasn't got many games. I am saving up to get an X box because I think it looks great and I would love to get one.

The Gamecube has had some good game realease's on it's launch but I think that will fade out the picture after a while.
Sun 05/05/02 at 21:00
It was suggested, but it's very appropriate now
Sun 05/05/02 at 21:05
Do not underestimate the gamecube. It has a good line up, and it's further games are good. if anything, the x-box will be out by next year.
remember it's a microsoft Computer, they replace those things often...
Sun 05/05/02 at 21:14
"For the horde!!!!"
i like the PS2
Sun 05/05/02 at 21:17
any reasons...?
Sun 05/05/02 at 21:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well the console I like the best is............... Oh sod it! I can't be bothered any more. Make your own minds up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.