GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box vs GameCube vs PS2, which is the greatest?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 20:26
Regular
Well, all the next-gen consoles have been released in England, and now it's time for a large debate. Which is the best? Unfortunately, we cannot decide until all the facts are straight. And even then, it appeals to peoples personal taste. So we have to split it up into catergories. Before the conversation starts, PS2 wins on the DVD front. X-box has one, but it's even more expense, and the Panasonic Q/ GameCube DVD will never get here, let alone be released in America.
So, let the debate begin. I'm biased slightly towards Nintendo/Sega, but I do respect the PS2 and X-Box.
Oh, and the GameCube has other apart games than kiddies games (Resi Evil, Soul Calibur, Wave Race, Tony Hawks 3, etc) before we get to that style of 'but I wouldn't get a GC 'coz it has kiddies games' debating.
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Shut up!
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:58
All the consoles in this generations war have their plus points but only one stands out above the rest and that's the NINTENDO GAMECUBE.
Sony & Microsoft aren't entirely dedicated to gamers as they both have used DVD compatibility as a marketing ploy to sell a few extra units, whereas Nintendo are dedicated just to bringing the best possible games to the consumer, also Nintendo have the experience in these wars and are the most innovative and original in every aspect of the gaming industry with their games being unsurpassed in gameplay. Also they always set the trends for the future when it come to the controllers being the first to use shoulder buttons, triger buttons to name but a few. Now with the Gamecube their the first to use ergonomics in their control design so the gameplay experience is enhanced once more thanks to Nintendo.
Also everyone's beloved Playstation would not have been released if it weren't for Nintendo and ultimately the Playstaion2 would not have been released either.
NINTENDO GAMECUBE
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
That was a good post
Worth a GAD!
We need more well thought out topics like that if these forums are going to survive!

Good one!
Sun 05/05/02 at 22:33
garbe123 wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> I think this topic should have been posted in the "This is the
> 3000th time this post has been made Forum".
>
> Don't we all agree?
>
> I agree, I condemed the topic and Guyzer said I shouldn't be sayin
> things like this having only been here 4 days, it is so boring that I
> am going to go to bed, cya.

I didn't say that you shouldn't have been saying things like that because afterall I agree that this topic has been starved to death.
Sun 05/05/02 at 22:29
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> I think this topic should have been posted in the "This is the
> 3000th time this post has been made Forum".
>
> Don't we all agree?

I agree, I condemed the topic and Guyzer said I shouldn't be sayin things like this having only been here 4 days, it is so boring that I am going to go to bed, cya.
Sun 05/05/02 at 22:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think SR should make a Console Wars forum, and probably name it 'Mindless repetative spam here'.
Sun 05/05/02 at 22:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think this topic should have been posted in the "This is the 3000th time this post has been made Forum".

Don't we all agree?
Sun 05/05/02 at 22:02
Regular
Guyzer wrote:
> garbe123 wrote:
> LOL! I can't belive that this is still going, aren't you all a bit
> bored of this, I own an X-BOX and I think that is the best! LOL,
> which
> ever console you own you will always defend it and say that it is
> the
> best. Just let it drop becuase it has to be the most boring topic
> ever.
>
> garbe123 I don't mean to be rude but you have only been here four
> days, so what do you mean, I can't believe this is still going.

I have read loads and they are all boring, its such a pathetic topic and I can't believe people are talking about it!

I agree my PS2 was pants so I sold it! LOL, get an X-BOX they are sheer class!
Sun 05/05/02 at 21:58
garbe123 wrote:
> LOL! I can't belive that this is still going, aren't you all a bit
> bored of this, I own an X-BOX and I think that is the best! LOL, which
> ever console you own you will always defend it and say that it is the
> best. Just let it drop becuase it has to be the most boring topic
> ever.

garbe123 I don't mean to be rude but you have only been here four days, so what do you mean, I can't believe this is still going.
Sun 05/05/02 at 21:56
"Uzi Lover"
garbe123 wrote:
which ever console you own you will always defend it and say that it is the
> best.

I think my PS2 is pants...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.