GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"online perfect dark?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 19:57
Regular
we know that nintendo has plans for an add-on modem.
so i am drooling with anticipation at the prospect of pitting my wits against up to 24 online opponents in perfect dark.
oooohhh just the thought
but how about you guys what ninty games would you like to see online?
and do you think it will be a long time before ninty finally gives us the online capability that i need so bad
Tue 07/05/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ping is the time it takes to conect to the games server.
P.S You need a broadband internet connection and line to get fast internet, just an adapter won't work!
Tue 07/05/02 at 20:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
After attempting to play online several times, what the hell is a 'ping'?

I will get PSO2 with a broadband adapter! YUMMY!
Tue 07/05/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
A ping of 300 which is good for a modem is terrible. Try playing Quake 3 online. The cable people kill you before you shoot!

P.S Remember that you can only send data at 36.6K and ONLY receive data at 56.6k.
Tue 07/05/02 at 11:58
Regular
">:)"
Phi11ip wrote:
> Modem play is crap!
>
> PING!
>
> You need to get cable internet before you can play any fighting or
> racing games properly. The only really good online game for a modem is
> Worms!

YOu would be surprised at what can be achieved with a 56k modem. I only have 56k, but I play a lot of online games on my PC without haveing any problems with lag and slowdown. The amin issue in online gaming is the amount of data that is being transmitted down the phone. And with console games, that probably wont be that much - ie where each player is, what each player is doing.

56k play will be fine. Broadband is great if you have it, but 56k is the next best thing.
Tue 07/05/02 at 01:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Phi11ip wrote:
> Modem play is crap!
>
> PING!
>
> You need to get cable internet before you can play any fighting or
> racing games properly. The only really good online game for a modem is
> Worms!

Actually the command and conquer games are perfectly playable on a 56k modem.
Tue 07/05/02 at 00:52
I agree with you.I think perfect dark would make a great online game but then there's the LAG which bites the big one.Lets hope that nintendo do bring out broad-band so all us jo dark freaks we can kick a*s lovely.
Mon 06/05/02 at 22:27
Regular
"are you serious"
i do beleive that nintendo have made a broadband add-on aswell as the modem add-on but whether we will see it on these shores is debatable.
but still we can dream......can't we?
Mon 06/05/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yes, there are very many Nintendo games that would be incredible on-line, but with only a 56k Modem connection, you'd find that the games lag every now and again, you get very high ping, and you wouldn't be able to play very well, or against some of the other, better players with low-ping.

A Cable connection, like ADSL or Broadbans would be great as you'd have low ping meaning the games would run smoother, and you'll be able to play better against a lot better opposition!

So i'd say no to on-line gaming with the Cube unless you have cable.
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:08
Regular
Online Super Smash Brothers :D
Mon 06/05/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Modem play is crap!

PING!

You need to get cable internet before you can play any fighting or racing games properly. The only really good online game for a modem is Worms!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.