GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What kids will do for gaming!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 17:44
Regular
Alas, I have just finished mowing the grass so I have had over 1 hour of mindless work to think about what I am doing and to be honest it is crazy!

After purchasing my X-BOX 3 weeks back I am still in a 'State Of emergency' (no pun intended) over the number of games in which I own for it which adds up to a total of... 0! Although this may seem funny to all you reading I have rented only 3 games and lazy 'Microsoft' still have not sent off my 2 free games which happen to be Halo and RalliSport Challenge which will keep me going for quite a bit longer.

Anyway, in the mean time I am doing odd jobs around the house and down at my nanas to hopefully raise enough money to go out and by the illusive Max Payne which I am literally dying to get my hands on even after numerous completions. For mowing the lawn I received a mere £2 off my dad and for washing the car inside and out £3 off my mom. With the last months money adding up for odd jobs I now posses £15 which for all you maths buffs leaves £24.99 to go in which I will be able to purchase the game I am so desperately after. As some of you will have gathered we have not had a shower of games come down in history so the chances of it happening this week are very slim indeed, but with my hands, legs, skin and lungs crossed and a few prayers I might just be in luck this summer! I could resort to building a totem pole in the garden and it could represent a very badly designed 'Bill Gates' but with a few prayers to that as well luck has to be on my side (everything crossed).

The only thing I have not done to ensure an on-slaught of games is duplicating my religion to possibly Christianity + Hinduism so that not only will I have one god on my side and a totem pole but 2 gods and a totem pole all looking out for me and ensuring that an 'X-BOX' game will be coming my way any minute. My mom told me that this idea is a waste of time and no way would she let me build a totem because the neighbours would shame our living space with unnecessary silences and group discussions that would single out our patch of land and possibly bring shame on our family, gosh! Think how bad it would be if my neighbours spoke a few words against me, the shock and horror that would grow upon my face!

With the lawn, the car and my bedroom cleaned and sparkling I am back to the drawing board on how to make a quick buck!

Earlier on I asked my brother if he needed any jobs done and with the reply of 'not a chance you little ****' I excited the room and thought of a very cunning plan that would gather sympathy from all involved my plan would be... Oh go on then I will tell you! If I wound my brother up until steam would be coming out of his ears in abundance he would hopefully (no I do not get pleasure from this activity) hit me and possibly knock me unconscious and have me bed bound for a few days, with the sympathy from all my family a game could be the only solution to all of my problems.

I knocked that idea on the head when he came home to tell us that he had just finished with his girlfriend after only 4 years of being together and by the look on his face I think 'bed bound' is only a term that can be used lightly as I am not sure and dread to think what he would do if I went into his room and got him really worked up.

Exams! The dreaded word, with my end of term exams only 7 weeks away I could begin a period of work known as 'revision', I still to this day do not understand this term of phrase and nor do I want to but this would sure impress my mom and dad if I came out with good grades and the sun would once again shine on their wallets, but with all this thinking of a plan to get a game and all the work involved to raise some money for it there is no time for revision so back to the drawing board!

Only one month a go we were jetting around the states for 2 and a half weeks and after spending over £300 whilst there, a loan is totally out of the question and borrowing money off my brother is going to come about as true as a game landing straight on my desk with the words 'Max' and 'Payne' written all over the case of it and as you may have already gathered this is hardly going to come true.

3 months down the line at this rate will be the earliest at which I will be able to afford 'Max Payne' on the X-BOX and I don't know about you but I hate waiting a day never mind 3 months! I suppose 'Game A Day' attempts would increase my chances but with my recent luck I am destined to fail from the start!

Life is starting to get very uncomfortable with all my outer and inner organs crossed and with 2 religions on the go I will have no time to sit down and play on my X-BOX so a plan is required very fast, renting games is boring and I can not even afford that! For the rest of the day I will continue to gaze out of my window, crossed in all places praying for a game to either land in my garden or a plan to hit me full on so a non productive evening is ahead of me and I have no-where to run!
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:59
Regular
I was just hoping for someone to come up with a solution to my problem, I can not seem to find a money making scheme that doesn't invlove selling my infamous DVD collection which I do not want to happen.
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:56
Regular
Thats good then!
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:49
Regular
who cares about sales! Its the games that make a console, I don't care if my mate owns one and who has bought one I just care about what I have and trust me I am very happy indeed.
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:35
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> Whats the point in buying a machine without any games?
> Duh
>
> Its better than buying a GameCube with games! I bought it becuase it
> is the best console on the market and I can not see it been beaten by
> any other console out for years to come, duh! Don't you realise!
Did you not read what I said?

I didn't say go and buy a gamecube with games. I asked WHY BUY A CONSOLE WITHOUT ANY GAMES?

Oh and FYI. Both the Cube and the PS2 have already "beaten" the XBox when it comes to sales.
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:31
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Whats the point in buying a machine without any games?
> Duh

Its better than buying a GameCube with games! I bought it becuase it is the best console on the market and I can not see it been beaten by any other console out for years to come, duh! Don't you realise!
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:17
Regular
Whats the point in buying a machine without any games?
Duh
Sun 05/05/02 at 18:15
Regular
LOL! I would never do that, the GameCube is rubbish and I love my X-BOX.
Sun 05/05/02 at 18:05
Heh, too bad mate, too bad.

You should take it back to where you got it and trade it for a GameCube.
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:44
Regular
Alas, I have just finished mowing the grass so I have had over 1 hour of mindless work to think about what I am doing and to be honest it is crazy!

After purchasing my X-BOX 3 weeks back I am still in a 'State Of emergency' (no pun intended) over the number of games in which I own for it which adds up to a total of... 0! Although this may seem funny to all you reading I have rented only 3 games and lazy 'Microsoft' still have not sent off my 2 free games which happen to be Halo and RalliSport Challenge which will keep me going for quite a bit longer.

Anyway, in the mean time I am doing odd jobs around the house and down at my nanas to hopefully raise enough money to go out and by the illusive Max Payne which I am literally dying to get my hands on even after numerous completions. For mowing the lawn I received a mere £2 off my dad and for washing the car inside and out £3 off my mom. With the last months money adding up for odd jobs I now posses £15 which for all you maths buffs leaves £24.99 to go in which I will be able to purchase the game I am so desperately after. As some of you will have gathered we have not had a shower of games come down in history so the chances of it happening this week are very slim indeed, but with my hands, legs, skin and lungs crossed and a few prayers I might just be in luck this summer! I could resort to building a totem pole in the garden and it could represent a very badly designed 'Bill Gates' but with a few prayers to that as well luck has to be on my side (everything crossed).

The only thing I have not done to ensure an on-slaught of games is duplicating my religion to possibly Christianity + Hinduism so that not only will I have one god on my side and a totem pole but 2 gods and a totem pole all looking out for me and ensuring that an 'X-BOX' game will be coming my way any minute. My mom told me that this idea is a waste of time and no way would she let me build a totem because the neighbours would shame our living space with unnecessary silences and group discussions that would single out our patch of land and possibly bring shame on our family, gosh! Think how bad it would be if my neighbours spoke a few words against me, the shock and horror that would grow upon my face!

With the lawn, the car and my bedroom cleaned and sparkling I am back to the drawing board on how to make a quick buck!

Earlier on I asked my brother if he needed any jobs done and with the reply of 'not a chance you little ****' I excited the room and thought of a very cunning plan that would gather sympathy from all involved my plan would be... Oh go on then I will tell you! If I wound my brother up until steam would be coming out of his ears in abundance he would hopefully (no I do not get pleasure from this activity) hit me and possibly knock me unconscious and have me bed bound for a few days, with the sympathy from all my family a game could be the only solution to all of my problems.

I knocked that idea on the head when he came home to tell us that he had just finished with his girlfriend after only 4 years of being together and by the look on his face I think 'bed bound' is only a term that can be used lightly as I am not sure and dread to think what he would do if I went into his room and got him really worked up.

Exams! The dreaded word, with my end of term exams only 7 weeks away I could begin a period of work known as 'revision', I still to this day do not understand this term of phrase and nor do I want to but this would sure impress my mom and dad if I came out with good grades and the sun would once again shine on their wallets, but with all this thinking of a plan to get a game and all the work involved to raise some money for it there is no time for revision so back to the drawing board!

Only one month a go we were jetting around the states for 2 and a half weeks and after spending over £300 whilst there, a loan is totally out of the question and borrowing money off my brother is going to come about as true as a game landing straight on my desk with the words 'Max' and 'Payne' written all over the case of it and as you may have already gathered this is hardly going to come true.

3 months down the line at this rate will be the earliest at which I will be able to afford 'Max Payne' on the X-BOX and I don't know about you but I hate waiting a day never mind 3 months! I suppose 'Game A Day' attempts would increase my chances but with my recent luck I am destined to fail from the start!

Life is starting to get very uncomfortable with all my outer and inner organs crossed and with 2 religions on the go I will have no time to sit down and play on my X-BOX so a plan is required very fast, renting games is boring and I can not even afford that! For the rest of the day I will continue to gaze out of my window, crossed in all places praying for a game to either land in my garden or a plan to hit me full on so a non productive evening is ahead of me and I have no-where to run!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.