GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOM are normally wrong...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 17:04
Regular
well sometimes.I stopped subscribing to nom after.....
I bought this game that NOM rated well (and it was made by nintendo) and when I got home and played on it ,it was rubbish.And it isn't about different people liking different things either ,because in NGC (which was called N64 then) rated it badly and so did another magazine which I think was called N64 pro or something like that.

And
Alot of the time they spell words wrong or call them something else. I know no one is perfect and everyone make mistakes but what are editors supposed to do?Thaey're supposed to check that it is long enough etc, and are also supposed to edit spelling mistakes.I looked in some recent and some not so recent NOM magazines and heres what I saw in some of the article(and remember I wasn't looking for mistakes I was just reading through)
eg Calling nstc ntsc (or vice versa I sorta forgot how it's spelt but I know it was wrong)
spelling pokemon pok mon ,pokmon and pokaman(numerous times)
Calling the Q-cube the G-cube when it was clearly a Q.
And this one surprised me the most
Calling the gameboy advance the gameboy active.(numerous times)

This isn't really something that was wrong the post really finished at the paragraph before this. They have changed there look and I really liked all of it except the reviews section, they used to rate games out of a hundred but they have changed it to out of ten, I think they should have kept it at out of a hundred as it gives a more accurate score (even though it wasn't that accurate as it was *cough* slightly biased towards nintendo).

NOM also say that there is a lot of stuff that is exclusive to there magazine but when I looked in NGC it was in there as well.

Just telling you what I think
Thanks for reading
>>EYAMOD<<
Mon 06/05/02 at 07:07
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Don't worry about it too much!!!
Mon 06/05/02 at 00:08
Regular
"Foos Rock"
There is one thing that you have to remember when reading reviews, that they are normally based on the reviewers personal tastes.
Sun 05/05/02 at 21:48
Regular
I used to get NOM when i first got my n64 *ahh... those where the days :)*, but then a mate introduced me 2 n64 (as it was called then) and i found it to b much better.

For one thing, it is more mature. One thing i noticed in NOM is that it kept using uncool words and phrases like "rock" and "awesome" frequently in their mag. n64 was also funnier, and had interesting articles about looking back on old SNES games and stuff. I liked those. And now they've moved on 2 gamecube and renamed the mag, they r recalling old n64 games like goldeneye and mario.

The main thing tho that sets n64 apart from NOM, is it has import reviews. U get 2 see games way before anyone else in japan and america, very handy when there wa sucha gap between n64 and gamecube. NOM just concentrated on game boy advance.

I haven't even mentioned the brilliant free gifts with n64. Cheat book, challenge books, game racks and next issue i reckon it's a gamecube demo disk!

I think u get the impression that i think NOM is rubbish and n64 amazing.
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:27
Regular
"hit the road jack"
The new NOM is much much better :D
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:22
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Eyamod wrote:
> spelling pokemon pok mon
---------------------

There was an error in printing the è, so it didn;t show up. You will also notice this in the super monkey ball review in the latest edition, where they call a cafè, caf. This is because of the same error.
---------------------

> *cough* slightly
> biased towards nintendo).
----------------------

Well, they are an official mag, so what do you expect?
----------------------

Jeez, give them a break.
Sun 05/05/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Back in black"
I always get NOM, never really read anything else. This month they have totally changed it... and it is so much better. It's much more adult now and better to read!! Whey!!
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:04
Regular
"-_-"
well sometimes.I stopped subscribing to nom after.....
I bought this game that NOM rated well (and it was made by nintendo) and when I got home and played on it ,it was rubbish.And it isn't about different people liking different things either ,because in NGC (which was called N64 then) rated it badly and so did another magazine which I think was called N64 pro or something like that.

And
Alot of the time they spell words wrong or call them something else. I know no one is perfect and everyone make mistakes but what are editors supposed to do?Thaey're supposed to check that it is long enough etc, and are also supposed to edit spelling mistakes.I looked in some recent and some not so recent NOM magazines and heres what I saw in some of the article(and remember I wasn't looking for mistakes I was just reading through)
eg Calling nstc ntsc (or vice versa I sorta forgot how it's spelt but I know it was wrong)
spelling pokemon pok mon ,pokmon and pokaman(numerous times)
Calling the Q-cube the G-cube when it was clearly a Q.
And this one surprised me the most
Calling the gameboy advance the gameboy active.(numerous times)

This isn't really something that was wrong the post really finished at the paragraph before this. They have changed there look and I really liked all of it except the reviews section, they used to rate games out of a hundred but they have changed it to out of ten, I think they should have kept it at out of a hundred as it gives a more accurate score (even though it wasn't that accurate as it was *cough* slightly biased towards nintendo).

NOM also say that there is a lot of stuff that is exclusive to there magazine but when I looked in NGC it was in there as well.

Just telling you what I think
Thanks for reading
>>EYAMOD<<

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.