GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games Consoles - More, more, more!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 14:56
Regular
Last week I went through my old console magazines. I found an ancient NOM magazine. I flicked through the pages and found a page about Nintendo's future consoles. I think it mentioned the Gamecube but it also mentioned something called the Nintendo Dolphin??!!
Also, earlier this year, I heard that Playstation 3 was in the making because it was said that Playstation 2's were getting all crappy and broken down. And some geezer in the chat forum said that XBox2 was coming to town.
My theory is, that Nintendo was going to create a Dolphin, but it would take ages becoz Nintendo had planned for the Dolphin to be the best console in history. So while they were waiting for the Dolphin project to finish, they created the GBA and the Gamecube. After that, Playstation2's began to sell well again after all the brilliant games and DVD's came out.
Then, Microsoft thought that computer games were so old, they created the Microsoft XBox. Personally, I think the XBox sux! Especially the controllers. But back to the point, the Xbox was made and now some geezer in the forum said that XBox2 was coming.

I think that when/if the Dolphin, PS3 and Xbox2 are released (hopefully later this year or early next year) there will be an absolute outbreak of console war!

I think it will turn out that Nintendo will be victorious, because of the number of consoles:

Nintendo: Playstation: Microsoft:
sNES Playstation Selection of PC
N64 PSOne games
GB Pocket PS2 XBox
GB Mono PS3 (if it comes out) XBox2 (if it
GB Color comes out)
GBA
Gamecube
Dolphin (if it comes out)

Nintendo has the most consoles by far. If the Dolphin doesn't sell well, it will have another 7 consoles to back it up.
The PS3 will only have 3 consoles to back it up.
XBox2 will only have 1 console to back it up + a selection of PC games.

This is why Nintendo will win.

The only problem is that I don't know if the Dolphin, PS3 or XBox2 will be released for sure. If they aren't released, this message is a complete waste of time to SR users.
Sun 05/05/02 at 14:56
Last week I went through my old console magazines. I found an ancient NOM magazine. I flicked through the pages and found a page about Nintendo's future consoles. I think it mentioned the Gamecube but it also mentioned something called the Nintendo Dolphin??!!
Also, earlier this year, I heard that Playstation 3 was in the making because it was said that Playstation 2's were getting all crappy and broken down. And some geezer in the chat forum said that XBox2 was coming to town.
My theory is, that Nintendo was going to create a Dolphin, but it would take ages becoz Nintendo had planned for the Dolphin to be the best console in history. So while they were waiting for the Dolphin project to finish, they created the GBA and the Gamecube. After that, Playstation2's began to sell well again after all the brilliant games and DVD's came out.
Then, Microsoft thought that computer games were so old, they created the Microsoft XBox. Personally, I think the XBox sux! Especially the controllers. But back to the point, the Xbox was made and now some geezer in the forum said that XBox2 was coming.

I think that when/if the Dolphin, PS3 and Xbox2 are released (hopefully later this year or early next year) there will be an absolute outbreak of console war!

I think it will turn out that Nintendo will be victorious, because of the number of consoles:

Nintendo: Playstation: Microsoft:
sNES Playstation Selection of PC
N64 PSOne games
GB Pocket PS2 XBox
GB Mono PS3 (if it comes out) XBox2 (if it
GB Color comes out)
GBA
Gamecube
Dolphin (if it comes out)

Nintendo has the most consoles by far. If the Dolphin doesn't sell well, it will have another 7 consoles to back it up.
The PS3 will only have 3 consoles to back it up.
XBox2 will only have 1 console to back it up + a selection of PC games.

This is why Nintendo will win.

The only problem is that I don't know if the Dolphin, PS3 or XBox2 will be released for sure. If they aren't released, this message is a complete waste of time to SR users.
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Dolphin was the codename for the Gamecube! Thats your topic out of the window!
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
That was a failed post! Dolphin is codename for GCN and after reading your post again I decided to pick out my favourite bits!

Blue-Fuzzy-Tiger wrote:
> I think that when/if the Dolphin, PS3 and Xbox2 are released
> (hopefully later this year or early next year) there will be an
> absolute outbreak of console war!
>
> Nintendo has the most consoles by far. If the Dolphin doesn't sell
> well, it will have another 7 consoles to back it up.
> The PS3 will only have 3 consoles to back it up.
> XBox2 will only have 1 console to back it up + a selection of PC
> games.
> This is why Nintendo will win.

That one is good!!

> If they aren't released, this message is a complete waste of time to SR > users.

Got that one right!
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:25
Regular
"um..."
PS3 and Xbox2 out layer this year or next er.....howabout no! that would be shooting yourself in the foot releasing a console then a better one the same year waste of money building the first one.
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Blue-Fuzzy-Tiger wrote:
> I think that when/if the Dolphin, PS3 and Xbox2 are released
> (hopefully later this year or early next year) there will be an
> absolute outbreak of console war!

WHAT!!!! PS3 and x-box2 released later this year. I think not. The processor chip for the PS3 only excists on the drawing board at the moment, and wont be out for a while yet.

The x-box2, well i've heard nothing about that yet so who knows, but I doubt it will be out even before the first console has had time to saturate the market.

And another nintendo console, your joking aren't you. The gamecube has only just been released, I doubt we'll see another nintendo effort for a fair few years yet.
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:29
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
On the rumour mill I heard the Xbox2 was called the Homestation. Its more entertainment than games.

I posted something about months ago. I gave a link to a random PC site.

Anywho, names will change, but if i'm right then its more entertainment than gaming.

Ack well.
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:33
Regular
"That's right!"
I still remember when the Cube was called the Dolphin... not surprised they changed it
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
This person thought the Dolphin was a super console and the Cube was brought out to bridge the gap between the consoles!
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:39
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
it wasnt all that long ago, it must be about a year since they changed the name to gamecube, its not that long ago.
Also surly if microsoft were to bring out another console they would have the ability to come up with a better name then xbox2....surely!!
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:41
Regular
As said before, Dolphin was only ever a codname for the Console.

N64 went through quite a few name changes before it was finally released. I think it was called the ultra 64 originally.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.