GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 games £10 more than Xbox360 versions!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/08 at 11:05
Regular
"Soul Calibur RULES!"
I've just been reading a story about this and I'm a bit shocked, the story was talking about some Capcom titles that are coming out but in particular it was about the much awaited "Devil May Cry 4" game. Devil May Cry 4 is due to be released on the 8th of February and apparently most retailers will have the Xbox 360 version for £39.99 but the PS3 version will be at £49.99.

Apparently Capcom said that "pricing is a matter for retailers and not something decided by the publisher", which really made me laugh because if the cost price for both games was the same then retailers would sell them at the same price. The PS3 version must have a higher cost price than the Xbox 360 version.

It's all a bit silly really, I've got an Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3, I would always get the Xbox version over the PS3 version because most of my mates have a 360, it's easier to do multiplayer, and I want the challenge of trying to get all the achievements. If you ask me the PS3 version should be cheaper, then I might buy some more games for mine. I currently only own Formula 1 and lots of Blue-Ray Films.

Apparently this was also an issue with the release of The Orange Box and The Complete Lego Star Wars Saga, and looks like it will continue with future releases.

Xbox 360 releases rarely go over the £39.99 release price these days.
Mon 04/02/08 at 22:16
"possibly impossible"
I never buy games at retail anyway.

I think it is limited to Capcom games though, everything else seems to retail for the same price online, with most pre-orders on both formats being £29.99 from Amazon.
Sun 03/02/08 at 10:50
Regular
"Soul Calibur RULES!"
Perhaps Sony's royalties are more than Microsoft's? Who knows, it's a mad mad world, games should be £29.99 if you ask me. I think the games industry turned over more last year than the film industy! If they are turning over that much I bet their making huge profits, I know that vivendi are still making a fortune from World Of Warcraft subscriptions! Vivendi were in big trouble before that game came out and they owed millions maybe billions, and they turned the whole company around and back in the black because of one game!!!

Games should be cheaper, like films and music.
Sun 03/02/08 at 02:14
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
All a bit strange really. The price difference is only true in europe, in the US the RRPs are the same so its hard to conclude its down to differences in development costs between the PS3 and 360. I think Capcom are just continuing on their apparent crusade to antagonise the PS3 owning public.

Of course this is the first time DMC has appeared on the xbox as well. Given it was always a big PS exclusive maybe the 360 version has some "help" when it comes to pricing from Microsoft.
Sun 03/02/08 at 01:13
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I've been drinking a lot tonight, so apologies if I've completely issed the trick here.

Xbox360 games are DVDs. PS3 games are Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is (significantly) more expensive than DVD. Therefore PS3 must be more expensive than Xbox360. This will continue to hold true until if/when PS3 maintains a large software sales advantage over the 360.

If my formats are wrong, I apologise. I'm drunk, and google doesn;t work for me in this state.
Sat 02/02/08 at 11:05
Regular
"Soul Calibur RULES!"
I've just been reading a story about this and I'm a bit shocked, the story was talking about some Capcom titles that are coming out but in particular it was about the much awaited "Devil May Cry 4" game. Devil May Cry 4 is due to be released on the 8th of February and apparently most retailers will have the Xbox 360 version for £39.99 but the PS3 version will be at £49.99.

Apparently Capcom said that "pricing is a matter for retailers and not something decided by the publisher", which really made me laugh because if the cost price for both games was the same then retailers would sell them at the same price. The PS3 version must have a higher cost price than the Xbox 360 version.

It's all a bit silly really, I've got an Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3, I would always get the Xbox version over the PS3 version because most of my mates have a 360, it's easier to do multiplayer, and I want the challenge of trying to get all the achievements. If you ask me the PS3 version should be cheaper, then I might buy some more games for mine. I currently only own Formula 1 and lots of Blue-Ray Films.

Apparently this was also an issue with the release of The Orange Box and The Complete Lego Star Wars Saga, and looks like it will continue with future releases.

Xbox 360 releases rarely go over the £39.99 release price these days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.