GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamcast beats PS2 - It's Official!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 23:20
Regular
Well, if you take my word for it it's official. I've got both consoles, and was staring at my game collection earlier today and thinking about what I wanted to play. In the end I went for Skies of Arcadia on the DC, then realised I still had Phantasy Star Online gathering dust in my drawer, not to mention Dragon's Blood and Speed Devils and Stunt GP and Worms Armageddon and TR: Revelation all lined up and ready to go. There's another 50 or so games there for my DC, and looking at my 15 PS2 titles there's only one or two (like MGS2 and Baldur's Gate) that I fancied picking up and playing.

So today: the Dreamcast has it.

Tomorrow I might be posting a similar thread in the XBox forum as I quite fancy finishing off Halo.
Sat 04/05/02 at 23:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Well, if you take my word for it it's official. I've got both consoles, and was staring at my game collection earlier today and thinking about what I wanted to play. In the end I went for Skies of Arcadia on the DC, then realised I still had Phantasy Star Online gathering dust in my drawer, not to mention Dragon's Blood and Speed Devils and Stunt GP and Worms Armageddon and TR: Revelation all lined up and ready to go. There's another 50 or so games there for my DC, and looking at my 15 PS2 titles there's only one or two (like MGS2 and Baldur's Gate) that I fancied picking up and playing.

So today: the Dreamcast has it.

Tomorrow I might be posting a similar thread in the XBox forum as I quite fancy finishing off Halo.
Sun 05/05/02 at 09:48
Regular
Having just bought a XBOX, I've packed my Dreamcast away, but I'm already looking forward to getting it out and replaying some classics. I think I'll try and leave it as long as possible and then one day have a Dreamcast indulgence session.
Sun 05/05/02 at 10:04
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i don't think it has the ps2 rules it is better than any other console out
Sun 05/05/02 at 12:29
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I agree fm in my last flat my frind had a ps2 with quite a few games but we only really played thps3 and mgs2, but almost everynight we would just play worms world party or v.tennis.
I too have just brought an xbox and Halo is such a great game fully deserves the 10/10 edge gave it, espeacially in two player co-op missions, but saying that thats the only game I have at the moment so I still play my dc games like power stone 2 and am just starting playing headhunter again, does anyone have headhunter for the ps2 if so whats different?, if anything?
Sun 05/05/02 at 12:53
Regular
I traded my DC and 20+ games for an Xbox, and I don't reget getting an Xbox but I do regret getting rid of my DC.
But I do console myself by the fact that most of my favoutite DC/SEGA games will be getting updates on the Xbox - JSRF, the Shenmue series, Crazy Taxi 3, etc.
Sun 05/05/02 at 12:59
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Yeah I guess, but still having the oringinals does kinda make feel like a king
Sun 05/05/02 at 16:44
Regular
reynolds wrote:
> i don't think it has the ps2 rules it is better than any other console
> out

What a prat.

Exactly HOW is the PS2 worthy of even 'a decent console' tag, let alone best? The technical specifications are lame and inflated, and the games are about 500 rubbish - 1 decent.

HOW can you justify posting that here?
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Whatever!"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> I traded my DC and 20+ games for an Xbox, and I don't reget getting an
> Xbox but I do regret getting rid of my DC.
> But I do console myself by the fact that most of my favoutite DC/SEGA
> games will be getting updates on the Xbox - JSRF, the Shenmue series,
> Crazy Taxi 3, etc.

I thought about doing the same thing but couldnt part with my Dreamcast - It still has some of the best games Ive ever played!
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:13
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Mattyboy, go to the Sont longest thread now!

:)

Want to talk to you.
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:14
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Sony that is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.