GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matshutisa (Panasonic) GAMECUBE"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 21:05
Regular
There will be a Gamecube that can play DVD's!!!! Instead of bearing the Nintendo GAMECUBE logo, it will be the Panasonic logo that adornes the GC. This new addition to the Games/DVD's/CD's departement will definetly sell out very quickly. The new GC will not only play Nintendo GAMECUBE discs but also DVD's CD's and Multimedia CD's. It is currently still unreleased anywhere, but will definetly be released in the far east, but with no plans for a US & EU release. The price of this new piece of kit will be the sames as a PS2 or Xbox. Here's hoping to the EU release.
Sat 04/05/02 at 21:05
There will be a Gamecube that can play DVD's!!!! Instead of bearing the Nintendo GAMECUBE logo, it will be the Panasonic logo that adornes the GC. This new addition to the Games/DVD's/CD's departement will definetly sell out very quickly. The new GC will not only play Nintendo GAMECUBE discs but also DVD's CD's and Multimedia CD's. It is currently still unreleased anywhere, but will definetly be released in the far east, but with no plans for a US & EU release. The price of this new piece of kit will be the sames as a PS2 or Xbox. Here's hoping to the EU release.
Sat 04/05/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I don't really want to burst you information bubble here, but the Q cube is already released in Japan. It will not be realeased in America or Europe, but you can import one from various sites.
Sat 04/05/02 at 21:21
Microchips wrote:
> I don't really want to burst you information bubble here, but the Q
> cube is already released in Japan. It will not be realeased in
> America or Europe, but you can import one from various sites.

Yea, the Q cube. Cheers! I couldn't remember the name. Ah, I might import one then.
Sat 04/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
£300+ sound alright to you ???? (only play ntsc dvds aswell)
Sat 04/05/02 at 22:27
Regular
Hang on, aren't japan in region 2?
Wouldn't be any good for the games though.
Sun 05/05/02 at 07:54
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
you could mod the gamecube to make it play usa games , then eventually they might bring out a mod to play uk games , and the dvds are region 2 , like us , but they are ntsc region2 , we are pal region2 so it wouldn't /shouldn't work.
Sun 05/05/02 at 11:44
damn....would have been cool though....
Sun 05/05/02 at 13:08
Regular
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> you could mod the gamecube to make it play usa games , then eventually
> they might bring out a mod to play uk games , and the dvds are region
> 2 , like us , but they are ntsc region2 , we are pal region2 so it
> wouldn't /shouldn't work.

Hang on, doesn't the 60hz mode on the gamecube use n*cough*cough*c signal, which some newer tvs do have?
Not sure if the standard jap to us switch could be fitted well to the qcube, but i expect it'd be possible, then if you didn't mind the delivery time, you could import us games from dvdboxoffice, at good prices.

Damn, i wish i'd thought of this sooner.

Unless it wouldn't work. In which case i'm glad i didn't.

Hang on, the pal dvds, would they work with a ntsc dvd player? Looking over your post again, i think that might have been your point...

: )
Sun 05/05/02 at 16:27
Regular
"-_-"
erm porkchasui
pratically everyone in these forums know about the q cube and that it is already released in japan
damn i thought your post was gonna be some ground breaking news like:
THE PANASONIC GAMECUBE IS COMING OUT IN ENGLAD
or
WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY PAL REGION 2 DVDS
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:59
It will be able to play region 2 dvds and most morern tvs are able to work with NTSC hardware. there is not difference in the coding of a japanesse region 2 dvd and a europe one, it is just the hardware that is different. my DVD player and most others let you choose between NTSC and PAL and both will work on my tv

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.