GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 DVD Remote control..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 18:47
Regular
Has anyone got one? I am considering purchasing one but would like to hear from people that have one whether it is worth it and whether the new DVD drivers that come with it make a noticeable difference

Thanks
Wed 08/05/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
ssxpro wrote:
> If you`re looking for a smoother control for your DVDs and you`re fed
> up of lip sync problems then try the New PS2 Official Remote, its the
> right remote for YOU.

Ever thought of going into advertising? Good slogan and you've almost convinced me to get one ;D
Wed 08/05/02 at 12:13
Regular
My PS2 used to suffer from a lot of lip sync problems...

...but then I discovered the New PS2 Official Remote.

Its great and it even works on stress too. I can put things in slow motion, and I can even hurl the remote at walls. On top of that, all my lip sync problems have gone.

If you`re looking for a smoother control for your DVDs and you`re fed up of lip sync problems then try the New PS2 Official Remote, its the right remote for YOU.
Wed 08/05/02 at 11:53
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
If your going to use your PS2 at least 30% of the time for DVD movies its worth it.

It is a hell of a lot easier pressing one button than navigating through a menu for the desired effect.

The controller can also be used for certain games that don't have a lot of action (who wants to be a millionaire 2 for example).

The only downsides are that the dvd upgrade takes up 2.2mb of your memory card - unless you want to load it every time you want to use it. Hopefully you will be able to store this on the harddisk when it is released, so that that will eliminate that problem, and also you can't turn off the playstation with it.

However it makes life a hell of a lot easier
Sun 05/05/02 at 10:18
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Maybe i phrased that wrongly, i meant that i haven't got a DVD film. Maybe it looked like i meant DVD player but i didn't. Well, when my GAD arrives i'll see what the DVD player on the PS2 is really like.
Sun 05/05/02 at 10:13
Regular
"simpsons rule"
if you have a ps2 then you have a dvd
Sun 05/05/02 at 10:02
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I got mine for free when renewing my membership with SR so i don't know if they are worth purchasing either. I still haven't had to use it though as i don't have a DVD, but you can always use it to play music on your PS2.
Sun 05/05/02 at 09:43
Regular
"simpsons rule"
didn't no you had one ®eDpAtH²°°2
Sat 04/05/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Bobba you"
I have one they are pretty good but bear it in mind i dident buy mine i got it free so i dont know if its worth the money.
Sat 04/05/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
it really depends on which one you buy, I think the best one to buy is the Official DVD Remote Control and although its slightly bigger than others it has a lot more features on and is made directly for the Sony PS 2. Many of the unoffical ones are fairly basic and only play, rewind forward and stop and are quite 'flimsy' in terms of how they are made (cheap) the prices range from £5 - £20.

Im also thinking of buying one but my PS 2 is situated on a unit below my HIFI system, which means its fairly low to the ground meaning that contact won't always be 100 % but if I get one it will be the official one.
Sat 04/05/02 at 19:23
Regular
"simpsons rule"
you should get one worth purchasing

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.