GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Industry"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 18:17
Regular
One thing I know know for certain and that is where I am right now and what I am exactly doing/going to do, but what is going on right now in 'The Industry'? Not the clothes making Industry or the property Marketing Industry but the 'Gaming Industry'!

'E3' is literally hours away and with a line up from all three next generation consoles to make your eyes water with joy what can we expect from the 'Gaming Industry'? As always at E3 there are a few surprises that are kept behind closed doors until the night but this is something that can't excite you greatly until you see what they ahve instore, but with games like 'Shenmue 2' on the X-BOX, 'Operation Flashpoint' on the X-BOX and 'Stuntman' on the PS2 what else do we want the 'Gaming Industry' to deliver to us?

One thing I do not need to point out to you and explain is, How much the 'Gaming Industry' has advnaced over the years in both power and class. As with 'Max Payne' on the PC from last years E3 it was kept under-raps until the last minute as everyone watched and gazed in amazement as 'Bullet-Time' was revealed in last years blockbuster hit. With peoples needs getting greater and the need for the 'next best thing' is ever growing, what can we expect from 'The Industry' next?

'Bullet-Time' was an inovation that not only broke what we expected from games it made the biggest impact into gaming more than any other feature has in recent years. With 'The Matrix Reloaded' announced as a definate 'X-BOX' release a few weeks back what will Infogrames inlcude into this title to seperate it from all the other games on the market? One thing is for sure and that is the inclusion of 'Bullet-Time' which originated from 'The Matrix' film back in 1999 but what improvements will be made to it before its release later this year? 'Shenmue 2' has finally been announced from 'Sega' a couple of days ago after a shock which got people worried when 'Sega' didn't add this game to their 'X-BOX' list for the 'E3' show, luckily it is on the 'Microsoft' list and we have been promised that the X-BOX hardware will be pushed to its absolute limit to bring us a great contender for this years 'GOTY'.

Over the last couple of days 'Namco' who are famous for their 'Tekken' series released their 'strategy' for 'E3', this is what to look forward to:

Dead to Rights for the Xbox, Tekken 4 for the PlayStation 2, Xenosaga for the PlayStation 2, a Guncon 2 game named Ninja Assault for the PlayStation 2, Pac-Man World 2 for the Xbox, Pac-Man Fever for the GameCube and the PlayStation 2, and Namco Museum (which includes Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug, and other Namco classics) for the GameCube and the Xbox.

Although this list looks superb we have been promised that this is not all we have to look forward to from this company, a full listing will only be available on the night of 'E3' but by the sounds of it we should be getting very excited with what is in store this year from 'Namco'. Gaming tastes are growing by the minute and if we sample something we don't like it is shouted across the net and to all of our friends, this puts a lot of pressure on 'The Industry' to deliver something that no other company has done so far.

'Namco' are not the only company that want to shine at this years 'E3' so at the moment we are in the dark ove what is going to be the biggest hit game of this year but look at the prospects that are in store for us and as the list shows we are sure to have a year of gaming like no other!

What will 'The Industy' give us next? Do any of you know what is going to be in-store for us at this years 'E3' besides the games we have been told? What is going to be the next 'Max Payne' big hitter that will blow us away with inovations that we could only have dreamt of a few years back?

I will now ask you again after provoking your thoughts 'as I am sure you know exactly what you are doing right now but what is going on behind closed doors that will hit our consoles later this year like a speeding bullet'? I don't know about you but this is the year of 'The Dragon' and boy am I looking forward to it like no other!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 04/05/02 at 18:17
Regular
One thing I know know for certain and that is where I am right now and what I am exactly doing/going to do, but what is going on right now in 'The Industry'? Not the clothes making Industry or the property Marketing Industry but the 'Gaming Industry'!

'E3' is literally hours away and with a line up from all three next generation consoles to make your eyes water with joy what can we expect from the 'Gaming Industry'? As always at E3 there are a few surprises that are kept behind closed doors until the night but this is something that can't excite you greatly until you see what they ahve instore, but with games like 'Shenmue 2' on the X-BOX, 'Operation Flashpoint' on the X-BOX and 'Stuntman' on the PS2 what else do we want the 'Gaming Industry' to deliver to us?

One thing I do not need to point out to you and explain is, How much the 'Gaming Industry' has advnaced over the years in both power and class. As with 'Max Payne' on the PC from last years E3 it was kept under-raps until the last minute as everyone watched and gazed in amazement as 'Bullet-Time' was revealed in last years blockbuster hit. With peoples needs getting greater and the need for the 'next best thing' is ever growing, what can we expect from 'The Industry' next?

'Bullet-Time' was an inovation that not only broke what we expected from games it made the biggest impact into gaming more than any other feature has in recent years. With 'The Matrix Reloaded' announced as a definate 'X-BOX' release a few weeks back what will Infogrames inlcude into this title to seperate it from all the other games on the market? One thing is for sure and that is the inclusion of 'Bullet-Time' which originated from 'The Matrix' film back in 1999 but what improvements will be made to it before its release later this year? 'Shenmue 2' has finally been announced from 'Sega' a couple of days ago after a shock which got people worried when 'Sega' didn't add this game to their 'X-BOX' list for the 'E3' show, luckily it is on the 'Microsoft' list and we have been promised that the X-BOX hardware will be pushed to its absolute limit to bring us a great contender for this years 'GOTY'.

Over the last couple of days 'Namco' who are famous for their 'Tekken' series released their 'strategy' for 'E3', this is what to look forward to:

Dead to Rights for the Xbox, Tekken 4 for the PlayStation 2, Xenosaga for the PlayStation 2, a Guncon 2 game named Ninja Assault for the PlayStation 2, Pac-Man World 2 for the Xbox, Pac-Man Fever for the GameCube and the PlayStation 2, and Namco Museum (which includes Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug, and other Namco classics) for the GameCube and the Xbox.

Although this list looks superb we have been promised that this is not all we have to look forward to from this company, a full listing will only be available on the night of 'E3' but by the sounds of it we should be getting very excited with what is in store this year from 'Namco'. Gaming tastes are growing by the minute and if we sample something we don't like it is shouted across the net and to all of our friends, this puts a lot of pressure on 'The Industry' to deliver something that no other company has done so far.

'Namco' are not the only company that want to shine at this years 'E3' so at the moment we are in the dark ove what is going to be the biggest hit game of this year but look at the prospects that are in store for us and as the list shows we are sure to have a year of gaming like no other!

What will 'The Industy' give us next? Do any of you know what is going to be in-store for us at this years 'E3' besides the games we have been told? What is going to be the next 'Max Payne' big hitter that will blow us away with inovations that we could only have dreamt of a few years back?

I will now ask you again after provoking your thoughts 'as I am sure you know exactly what you are doing right now but what is going on behind closed doors that will hit our consoles later this year like a speeding bullet'? I don't know about you but this is the year of 'The Dragon' and boy am I looking forward to it like no other!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.