GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"***Spoiler*** What Hidden Mansion is..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 16:13
Regular
>>>>>>>WARNING: SPOILER<<<<<<<

I completed Luigi's Mansion today (Yes i did get it yesterday) and for those people who want to know what Hidden Mansion is, listen up. When you beat the King Boo and get your Rank, you get to go on Hidden Mansion.

This is basically the same as Mansion mode but everything is opposite. What i mean is, a door that used to be on the left on normal mansion is now on the right, it's the same with everything. Also it has tougher ghosts than before. Where you'd normally find an easy white ghost you might find a green monkey ghost (The ones that throw bannana's at you).

In short, it' just a harder version of normal mansion

RiCkOsS
Mon 06/05/02 at 14:55
Regular
More news, for an A Rank you need a much higher score on Hidden Mansion, A Rank is normally 100,000,000. I got over 133,000,000 and got a B Rank, quite annooyed that you need a higher score, i took ages getting that much :-(
Mon 06/05/02 at 11:48
Regular
"DS..."
hmm, I havent posted on here for a few days, but for one obvious reason {;) all i can say about the Gamecube at the moment is Wow! i got it on launch (friday) and I have been glued to it ever since, have'nt even left the house since 9apart form satursy but that was to get an extra controller ;) ) I got Wavw race Blue Storm and Rouge Leader, first i played wave race and from the moment I turned it on and saw the amazing intro to the moment I turned it off (however painfull turning it off was :) ) I was amazed, I knew the water effects were good but I never envisaged them being THAT good! and to be honest i was a bit sceptical about the whole game untill i actually played it as with most launch titles it tends to be all hype, but not this one oh no not this one, this one in my opinion stood out from the rest and is a vast improvement on the inferiour Pal original.

Now, onto rouge leader, I own the prequel on the N64 and that was amzing for it's time so I was expecting great things to come of its sequel, and were my great expectations let down?... not by a long way! I expected graphical flair, yes, but i got a hell of a lot more! the sheer interactivity of the game and the intense playability make this a rREAL landmark launch title ok, so I takes about 10 minutes to really get used to the controls but once you master them you can really appreciate how much effort has been put into making the game, ok, I could go on and on about rouge leader for hours but i won't, i'll just sum it up in a few words, "sheer class and brilliance!"

If your looking for a great launch title I would recomend either of these two, if you don't have a Gamecube yet and are considering getting one then these are two titles that really show off what the cube can do, an if your badmouthing the cube at every oppourtunity *cough* TBN *cough* :) then i suggest you actually PLAY these gam,es before you dissmiss the whole thing as cack and if you can't do that then i guess you'll justhve to enjoy the endless sequels that are bound to appear on the PS2 or Xbox, because the bottom line is, te gamecube is a REAl games console for REAL gamers and no other console (in my opinion) can match it in terms of games, playability, style, originality and above all FUN! the xbox may have Raw power and the PS2 mighthve Multimedia capabilities but for the REAL hardcore the gamecube is the only choice.

Thanks for reading!

sik ~_~
Mon 06/05/02 at 09:53
Regular
GrimMetal wrote:
> if you use a guide it is 4 hours. If you make your own way through it,
> no spoilers, its about 7 to 9 hours. Hidden Mansion would be about 5.
> You might want to replay to get a higher grade. I dont regret buying
> it as its a great game, but some will moan that its too short
> (specially those that spend 15 hours a week playing games).

I completed the first bit 6 hours, but i didn't really try to get any money, on hidden mansion i'm going for loads of money and it taking much longer.

Also to VGChimp, you don't to collect all 50 Boos, thats just a bonus ;-)
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:42
When you have to collect the 50 Boo's, is the end of the game after you get all 50 boos?
Sun 05/05/02 at 12:48
if you use a guide it is 4 hours. If you make your own way through it, no spoilers, its about 7 to 9 hours. Hidden Mansion would be about 5. You might want to replay to get a higher grade. I dont regret buying it as its a great game, but some will moan that its too short (specially those that spend 15 hours a week playing games).
Sun 05/05/02 at 12:16
Is it true that LM only have 4 hours of gameplay through the first time? If so, that sucks...
Sun 05/05/02 at 11:41
Regular
I did warn you Rickoss, but did you listen? Nooo ;)
Sun 05/05/02 at 11:06
Hmmmmmmmm...........interesting!
Sun 05/05/02 at 10:50
Regular
I just found out something new about hidden mansion. When i went onto normal mansion it was a lot lighter than hidden mansion. Then i went back onto hidden mansion to remember how dark it is. So hidden mansion is basicaally a lot darker, you can hardly see anything if you don't shine your torch at it.
Sat 04/05/02 at 18:45
Regular
It's short but brilliant while it lasts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.