GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who Wants to be a Millionaire Spoof-type thing"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 20:08
Regular
Yes, I know, it's been done before, but I thought I might do another one just for a bit of fun. The reason I made a new topic rather than sifting through months of old topics was:
1. I couldn't be bothered and
2. It means that IF I ask any questions which were in the last one, which may or may not happen, it'll be just a little bit harder to find the answer.
No cheating, now!

You get three lifelines:
- 50-50
- Open it up to the forums, thus allowing someone else to answer for you.
- Ask ONE user of the Nintendo forum, in which case you state their username and ONLY THEY can give you the answer. Once they give the answer and you have agreed that you think it is right, then YOU post the answer.

There will be three milestones like in the real one, at questions 5, 10 and 15. There will be 15 questions.

Also, the questions might not necessarily get harder as they go through, because I'm just gonna pluck a question out of my head. And there will be a fastest finger at the start. The first user to post the correct answer gets to carry on and play the game. Other users can say things in here too, as long as you stick to the golden rule:
"THE THINGS YOU SAY IN HERE MUSTN'T GIVE AWAY THE ANSWER!"

But this time, before we start, you get the chance to err. . . Sort of "customise" it, or set it up.
To do so, just answer the below questions AFTER being the first user to answer the Fastest Finger question correctly:

1. Would you prefer multiple choice questions like in the televised Millionaire, or would you prefer me to just ask the question, without giving four possible answers?

2. Select your prize:
a) A fictional million pounds
b) Bullets pumped into Shaneo

3. Select a category:
a) General knowledge
b) General Nintendo knowledge
c) Computing

I will post the fastest finger question at a quarter past eight.
Sat 04/05/02 at 10:38
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Microchips wrote:
> Can I play later today Twain? i am going out now, but can I do it
> later. Please?
>
> Do you have an email address Twain?
>
> Bye!

Well, unless I'm proved wrong and RM18 IS right, then I'd have to carry on with this game. But at the moment, you look like you might be able to play.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I thought you added me a while ago?
Sat 04/05/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Can I play later today Twain? i am going out now, but can I do it later. Please?

Do you have an email address Twain?

Bye!
Sat 04/05/02 at 10:23
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Ah, back again.

Sorry, the answer is B!

Oh well, you still take away £1000 of nothing! Fictional cash, y'know.
Fri 03/05/02 at 21:07
Regular
ok, carry it on tommorow yeah?
Fri 03/05/02 at 21:06
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I must log off now. See you tomorrow!
Fri 03/05/02 at 21:06
Regular
yep
Fri 03/05/02 at 21:04
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Final answer?
Fri 03/05/02 at 21:02
Regular
Kyoto
Fri 03/05/02 at 21:01
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
RM18 wrote:
> I'm back actually!
>
> The answer is Donkey Kong

RIGHT!

Okay, we'll carry on, but I must leave in a few minutes.

8 for £8000

Which Japanese city is Nintendo situated in?

A) Kyoto
B) Tokyo
C) Kobe
D) London
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:59
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Once this one is over, shall I:

- Keep it going the way it is with more fastest finger and questions?
- Open it to everyone as a general chat forum?
- Open it to everyone to host their own Millionaire games?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.