GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what game to buy ??? , please dont ignore this topic ;-)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 19:56
Regular
im in a dilema guys , what game to buy next ?

it's a toss up between :
Luigi's Mansion
Burnout
Smash bros melee

before anyone says about melee not being out yet , i have an import GC.

all three are on ebay :

luigi's mansion :
it's slightly used , and you get an official mem card with it , and at the moment it's at $20 , no bids and it ends tommorow .

Burnout : only 2 on there at the moment each for about $40 (it's only just come out in the states)

Smash bros melee : definatley the most expensive of the 3 , but also probably one of the most fun , about $35 is the lowest price.

so which one ???????

please help me , at the moment im leaning torwards luigi's mansion , but i really want smash bros , and burnout , but can only buy one ! doh !
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:54
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
on the jetski ... half an hour ,
on holiday 2 weeks , i got back last week or so.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
how long are you out there for?
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:41
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
;-)

it was , went on a jetski in rough weather , just like wave race i say !! going along at 40 mph going over a 6 foot swell , and you can think of the outcome , didn't fall off but a few bruised knee's that day ;-) blumin mental !
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
sounds like a lot of fun, Indian Dude!
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:36
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i live down in brixham in devon ,

i was going on holiday to gran canaria , and i thought id say by by to you lot before i went , so for £1 i got 15 mins online , but unfortunatley didn't have time to read the reply's ;-(

one thing that did happen that day :

passport problemos !

i had just been on a ski trip at school about 4 days before , and my teacher still had my passport ! my dad didn't think about this when he was checking the passports the night before , and thought i could travel on my mums still. Get to the check in desk ... "urr where is Robert Savage's passport" "urrr can't he travell on sams ?" "urr i'll just check for you .... NO." "beeeep beeep beeep beepp beeeeep"
miss the flight , then spend the rest of the day finding out my techers phone number (all during easter holidays you see ) get the passport , after driving back from bristol all the way home and then back again , finally fly at 6:40 at night instead of 10:10 in the morning , and all for an extra charge of £275 !

well we got there in the end !

sum the holiday up in a few sentences :

1- get there , no rent a car , as they have taken it back to the place as we were late getting there.
2- Apartment is scanky , full with ants , but ok.
3- dad breaks rent a car key , trying to dig a bit of metal out of the sun brolly.
4- dad buys titanium oakley sun glases at £87 (£144 in UK)
5- me and dad play speed throwing with ball , i throw it too hard , new glasses fall to the floor , lens fallen out , but not a scratch on them !! thats titanium for ya. But my dad's nose was broken , and is now bent to one side.
6- all in all a very event full holiday , but very enjoyable at that !

anyway back to the topic , ive decided .... sell my dreamcast !!
never play it , could get £60 with a few games etc , then i can buy both , maybe even all three !!
sorted !

thanks guys.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
for me its a toss up as to Luigi's mansion or Rogue Leader, as I love star wars!
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It all really depends on what game you're after.
If you're after the kinda advenuture game then you'll want Luigi's Mansion.
Racing and fast-pace will mean you should choose Burnout.
And as for an excellent multiplayer and massive game, get SSBMelée!

I personally would say get Smash Bros.!
You'll be one of the first to have it, and it will soon be on VERY high-demand after it's UK release. It's also a brilliant multiplayer game, and the single player modes can also keep you entertained.
And I doubt you'll give up on it anytime soon, as there are apparently loads of characters to unlock!
Get it!!

Or you could look at your current GameCube games collection and see what gaming genre is missing. And then fill it in with a new and different genre.

Also, do you live in Bristol Indian Dude???
Only I remember you saying a while back that you were on-line at Bristol Ariport. Just wondering, cuz i'm a Bristol boy myself.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:04
"Uzi Lover"
Smash Bro's will be more of an exprience then Luigis Mansion but Luigis Mansion does have the memory card and is cheaper.

But, I say...go with Smash Bro's.

You know you want to, lucky b****r.
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:56
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
im in a dilema guys , what game to buy next ?

it's a toss up between :
Luigi's Mansion
Burnout
Smash bros melee

before anyone says about melee not being out yet , i have an import GC.

all three are on ebay :

luigi's mansion :
it's slightly used , and you get an official mem card with it , and at the moment it's at $20 , no bids and it ends tommorow .

Burnout : only 2 on there at the moment each for about $40 (it's only just come out in the states)

Smash bros melee : definatley the most expensive of the 3 , but also probably one of the most fun , about $35 is the lowest price.

so which one ???????

please help me , at the moment im leaning torwards luigi's mansion , but i really want smash bros , and burnout , but can only buy one ! doh !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.