GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA afterburner kit ..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 19:42
Regular
is anyone considering buying one of these ?
an afterburner kit is a light kit for your GBA to get the GBA backlit , and all you need to do is solder a few wires , etc.

i know it sounds a little risky , but supposidly it is extrememly easy to do.

i just pre-ordered one from lik-sang for $35 , and you get a free GBA screwdriver with it (which you can use to open up your gamecube ;-))

if anyone wants any more info (which you probably will) go to www.portablemonopoly.com

for $35 you get :

The Afterburner light

A full color manual

A brightness dial

Wire

Anti-reflective film

free GBA Opening Tool Screwdriver (usually priced at US$ 5.99 and included free of charge in the set only at Lik-Sang.com)

all together it will cost me about £30 , which is pretty good considering that i will be able to see my GBA screen without tilting it torwards the light.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:55
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
been on holiday ;-)

ok ill read it now.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:54
Regular
Hey Dude, haven't seen you in ages?

would you read my latest post, Karting Konundrum?
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:53
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
im pretty experienced at soldering , but once i bought a kit from maplins from about £10 , and it was to make an infra red alram thingy , so i spend the whole night after i have got it, doing it outside as my dad didn't want me to burn the house down ;-) , didn't finish it that night , so i finifsh it the next morning , i shove in the batteries , and surprise surpise , nothing haoppens , a little light appears on one of the 2 boards , but thats it.

reason for not working .... i burnt out the circuit by holding the iron on too long ;-( , so when i do my gba im gonna use more flux so that the solder just runs off smoothly. fingers crossed it all goes well.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:48
Regular
"thursdayton!"
dont get me wrong, i can solder and all, but it just seems a bit risky. I'd rather get a light (worm or otherwise) rather then rsick mucking up my GBA.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:38
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
when i get it , i'll tell you all if it went well , but liksang wont be getting any till may 27th ;-( got a little while to wait yet.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Everyone heard about this a while back, and we've all been put-off by the fact that you've got do all the saldering yourself.
Someone who claims to have one also said it's not really any different! :O

I would get one, but only if you can find places or people who are trained proffesionally to do these sort of things for you.
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:28
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I might get it, but it sounds a little risky...
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:45
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
the site is moving , it's now www.tritonlabs.com
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:42
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
is anyone considering buying one of these ?
an afterburner kit is a light kit for your GBA to get the GBA backlit , and all you need to do is solder a few wires , etc.

i know it sounds a little risky , but supposidly it is extrememly easy to do.

i just pre-ordered one from lik-sang for $35 , and you get a free GBA screwdriver with it (which you can use to open up your gamecube ;-))

if anyone wants any more info (which you probably will) go to www.portablemonopoly.com

for $35 you get :

The Afterburner light

A full color manual

A brightness dial

Wire

Anti-reflective film

free GBA Opening Tool Screwdriver (usually priced at US$ 5.99 and included free of charge in the set only at Lik-Sang.com)

all together it will cost me about £30 , which is pretty good considering that i will be able to see my GBA screen without tilting it torwards the light.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.