GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cut them some Slack!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/08 at 08:58
Regular
"THFC"
I really can't believe it has come down to threads and posts about GAD staff and members. Black copied a walkthrough, its in the rules he can.

The staff do their best to pick a winner who they think deserve it. Instead of just spending loads of time complaining, why not write something constructive?

It personally doesn't bother me if he won for a copied walkthrough. As a point was made - all the cheats are not original. But you don't leave a message at the bottom of each saying who found it. Walkthroughs are hugely beneficial to gamers and so they do merit good work when they are submitted.

Copyright?? well on the internet i think nearly everything is copyrighted, the cheats posted could be, some of the topics on here i have seen elsewheer, or much the same.

So rather than everyone just going on and on, deal with it. YOu can post a copied walkthrough, you can win for it. The staff never said you couldn't so get off their backs and cut them some slack!
Thu 31/01/08 at 08:58
Regular
"THFC"
I really can't believe it has come down to threads and posts about GAD staff and members. Black copied a walkthrough, its in the rules he can.

The staff do their best to pick a winner who they think deserve it. Instead of just spending loads of time complaining, why not write something constructive?

It personally doesn't bother me if he won for a copied walkthrough. As a point was made - all the cheats are not original. But you don't leave a message at the bottom of each saying who found it. Walkthroughs are hugely beneficial to gamers and so they do merit good work when they are submitted.

Copyright?? well on the internet i think nearly everything is copyrighted, the cheats posted could be, some of the topics on here i have seen elsewheer, or much the same.

So rather than everyone just going on and on, deal with it. YOu can post a copied walkthrough, you can win for it. The staff never said you couldn't so get off their backs and cut them some slack!
Thu 31/01/08 at 09:36
Regular
I'll let Garin answer this one.
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:18
Regular
"THFC"
lol, why? wasnt really looking for an answer, was more of a let the whole thing die - its pointless
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:21
Regular
"eat toast!"
nah, i love a bit of carnage. lets see how this develops.
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:36
Regular
"THFC"
ok, fair play, guess im not the on on trial lol

But it just seems a bit pointless and petty to cause so much fuss over nothing.
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:37
Regular
"eat toast!"
yeah, but it keeps these forums alive. But i think really what we should do is tell these people of the opportunity of winning vouchers as to encourage people to submit their own work.
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:44
Regular
"THFC"
hmmm yea, i think when they used to give away 3 prizes a day it made it more fair, then you know what you was competing against.

The good ol days :'(
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:54
Regular
You never use to win GADs for cheats because it was just copying and pasting. But when ForestFan posted over 300 they felt he deserved something for it.

I remember in the past when there were 20+ walkthroughs and reviews posted each day. I knew this because I would check out the competition to see my chances when I submitted something. That's why I always posted them close to midnight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.