GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats the worst game you ever brought?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/10/00 at 22:51
Regular
Ahh! Something we haven't done before!

Whats the worst game you ever brought? What system was it on? Why was it so rubbish?

I'll start, as I started the topic, I suppose.

The worst game I ever brought has to be... Men In Black on the PC.

Arggghhhhhh! Why oh why oh why did I buy this? The gameplay is disgusting, the graphics are medicore. The sound... don't get me started on the sound.

Overall, a absolute pathetic game that has tarnished the film, only released as a movie tie in, this is the worst game I ever brought.
Mon 23/10/00 at 12:02
Regular
South Park 64, the worst birthday present ever, i almost got SP Rally for my next birthday. WHEW!
Mon 23/10/00 at 10:39
Regular
"not dead"
My brother bought Ultraman on the SNES and that was rubbish. You could only control Ultraman, and he only had a couple of moves. It was one of the worst fighting games I've ever played. I took it back to a shop after the weekend (having completed it) and part exchanged it for Donkey Kong Country.
Custer's Revenge on the Atari 2600 is pretty bad too....
Sun 22/10/00 at 19:40
Sorry,

Abuse
Sun 22/10/00 at 19:33
Regular
Don't mean to be pedantic, but what's it called?
Sun 22/10/00 at 19:18
The worst game I have....hmmmmmmmmm, I know.

It was a game one of my friends copied for me. It was made in '96, and so the graphics aren't that good, and it's really easy to complete (I can now do it in about 20 mins) but it's so fun to play when I've got some time to spare. So the game itsn't brilliant, but it's good for a laugh.

Strange that....I don't have any games that I've regreted buying, I guess that I've read all the reviews of the game before I buy.
Sun 22/10/00 at 18:36
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well, the worst game I know of is 4-4-2 soccer on PSX. The graphics are so bad that you see one half of the goal one bit of the screen, and the other half is about 3cm to the left!!! The players are so small and undetailed they look like stick men. Enough about that, as I haven't bought it. The worst I ever bought is either ACES Collectors Edition on PC, or MDK on PSX. ACES has really bad graphics and you have to wait 10 minutes for the first baddie to show up, and then he kills you staright away. The controls are really slow to respond as well. MDK, poor graphics, poor controls and I found it very repetitive.
Sun 22/10/00 at 16:33
Regular
Something that's so bad it's funny, is ISS64. Not the game, but the commentary.

Play as Wales through one game, and try not to laugh.
Sun 22/10/00 at 16:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
In 1985 Firebird Software published a compilation called DON'T BUY THIS featuring six of the worst games you have ever seen for the Spectrum. The compilation made it into the charts despite the really awful games, including Fido, a game of making a dog sit down and stand up. But the worst game I have ever seen involved horse-jumping (on the Spectrum) and moved in three second blips. All you could see on the screen were the horse's ears and the occassion fence rail looming up so that you knew when to press fire. I think it was imaginatively named "Horse Jumping".
Sun 22/10/00 at 12:08
The worst game I ever bought? Oh dear, there have been so many!
On the megadrive it was probably Ballz, the 'first' 3d fighting game that wasn't quite 3d and was about as much fun as a political party broadcast. Then there was Doctor Who on the PC, what a let down, it was like doom without the scary bits, even the Daleks were laughable.
Recently I have been unlucky enough to play Mortal Kombat Gold on the dreamcast. Just as I thought games couldn't get any worse, this one came along and showed me just how low the depths of gaming can get.
Oh boy!
Sun 22/10/00 at 12:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The worst game I bought was also a film 'Braveheart' I mainly bought it because I loved the film.
The graphics are poor the gameplay is crap and well it is just crap. I bought it for £20 AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! why did I buy it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.