GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC is AMAZING!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 18:08
Regular
I don't believe I have dragged myself away from that "Thing" its so damn addictive!

GameCube. Mine arrived today, and so did Rouge Leader (GAD Win Feb) I am very very pleased with SR. I would like to thank SR for getting my GC to me on release. Im delighted.

Ok, impressions.

I got a black one, its smaller than you imagine. The disks, their TINY! Its so wonderfully crafted and its full of Nintendo quality. If you have never held the controller, its amazing. It fits so well. I just played for 2hours straight and my hands are fine.

Its great to be back in business so to speak, I sold my N64 to my sis like 2months back and I have been waiting for GC ever since. And it didn't dissapoint at all.

Graphically I would say its on par with X-Box. I played Halo, and played Rouge Leader, if anything GC is better. The lighting is so good, its perfect, amazing, delightful, smashing. Its fandabbydotius!

The sound is crystal. I have had NO slowdowns at all and I have seen like, 100+ objects on Rouge Leader. Oh yeah, by the way, Rouge Leader is class. Action packed amazingness. Im not a Star Wars fan but this game is cracking. Loading times? Its as fast/faster than N64. You don't notice them at all.

Basically.

Round up.

Graphically its amazing, 10/10
Sound is top notch 10/10
SR for delivering it on time 10/10
Rouge Leader 10/10
No loading times 10/10
No slowdowns 10/10
Disk Size 10/10

Its a great console and im itching for another go on Rouge Leader! Only one problem, I dont have a memory card which is essential. Im going down town to get one tomorrow and I have £35 credit from SR (Thanks.) So any idea's for another game?

Im looking in RBS's direction because he had like 6 GAD GC games. Which one is the best? I want a racing game or something. SSBM any good? SMB? Burnout? Anyone got Burnout? Anyone with footy games? I need idea's.

Great job Nintendo, I love you.
Thanks SR, I love you too.

If you haven't got a GC then buy one, if you have pre-ordered one and you haven't got it, then pray it comes soon because I couldn't live without my baby, my GameCube.

Im going to play on Rouge Leader again now, the explosion effects are sweet, the scream of the TIE fighters is spine chilling. I haven't got past the first level yet, I can get to the trench and Darth Vader comes, how do I kill him? That black caped son of a gun! Eat my laser fire!

GC is breathtaking. Get one.

GasMask
Mon 06/05/02 at 22:00
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yeah Dringo, thats much better. Im getting Super Monkey Ball this week and im gonna play on Rogue Leader in a min.
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:43
Regular
You'll love Luigi's masnion. Well I did anyway :)
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:40
Regular
I got the Gamecube with Rogue Leader 2, Wave Race, Super Monkey Ball and Tony Hawks 3 sadly Luigi's Mansion didn't come on the launch day... but I'll wait.

Wave Race is difficult to get into but Super Monkey Ball was much better than I anticipated as was Star Wars.

Can't wait until Smash Brothers: Melee i really can't.

That any better?
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:34
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Dringo, why do you have to ruin it?! :oP

GameCube is amazing, and always will be. And the person who posted before Dringo, yeah, I agree with all of what you said. The graphics are great, but graphics are not everything. The gameplay is important, and the gameplay is fast and fluid. The gamepad is the most comfortable pad I have ever had the beauty of holding, let alone owning!
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:19
Regular
GC isn't Amazing its a good Nintendo game console.
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:16
The game cube rules I bought mine with Wave Race, Luigi's Mansion and Rogue Leader. All these game have graphics on par with that of the Xbox and exceed that of the Playstation 2. However, graphics aren't everything, the gameplay must be the main aspect of the game. Once again Nintendo have spared no expence when it comes to gameplay all three of the titles I bought are extemely playable and along with Nintendo's beautifully crafted ergonomic control pad make the experience that little bit better.
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well, Rogue Leader rules. I ordered SMB and it should come later this week. Im on the 4th level "Prisoners of Maw" its 'ard!!
Sun 05/05/02 at 09:44
GAME CUBE!!!!
Sun 05/05/02 at 00:04
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
For one, im just getting totally sick of the bias stuff. Specs and all. Listen to me, I DONT CARE. If its cool, has cool games, and I think its cool. I, I, I, think its cool. Then I WILL buy it. Ok? I dont care if X-Box is 15times more powerful or any crap like that. I dont like it.
Sat 04/05/02 at 20:34
sonic adventure 2 is the best game ever?
sorry, but i own the DC version which is no different and the game is tolerable to say the least.
outta the launch lineup, i'd rate it not even in the top 5, and that isn't counting SSBM, the best multiplayer game you'll ever play

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.