GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just out of interest..."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 16:28
Regular
Completely stupid and pointless question, but I'll ask anyway...

Has anyone actually put a DVD movie disc iin their Xbox without a DVD remote connected?

If so - what happens?

I hadn't even thought of trying until now, but I'm not at home, so I can't!
Tue 07/05/02 at 12:11
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Is that Digitheatre or Digitheatre DTS?

There is a review of the first on our Xbox Site if people are interested in getting the Dolby Digital experiance for their Xbox.

http://www.XboxRules.com

I have the DTS version, and my god the bass ;)
Tue 07/05/02 at 12:09
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I cant get my bloody xbox to read cdrs it just says blah blah xbox disc blah blah or clean it on every single one!!
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Play more sleep les"
I've tried putting almost everything in my Xbox. Nothing dodgy, you understand - just various discs. My CDR discs work fine, but movies without the contoller just inform you that you need the kit. I hope booster discs will be developed in the future - it would be great to get add ons and extras put on magazines, etc.
Put an XBox disc in your DVD player or PC for a rather cool and unexpected animation telling you to put the disc in your XBox. I put the PSOne version of Obi Wan in my Xbox the other day and it worked fine. Oh, you mean that was actually the Xbox version? Sorry, I couldn't tell!!
So, the only thing the Xbox will play are official Xbox games, unsurprisingly, and Audio CDs (including some CDR/CDRWs). You need the kit for DVDs, which is well worth getting for a very good DVD player. Just get the advanced scart adapter or equivalent and the DVD remote kit and connect your 'box to a Dolby Digital amp (I've got the Digitheatre set up which does the job nocely) and you're sorted.
Sun 05/05/02 at 14:40
Regular
"this is a tagline"
I put an X-Box game in my PS2 - whoa!!

The PS2 spat it out, and shouted "FILTH!!". How enlightening.
Sun 05/05/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
that's nothing new on the dreamcast if you put the GD in a CD player it played a warning message.

but thanx for risking blowing up and destroying the world with your little exsperiment.

;)
Sun 05/05/02 at 12:39
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
GlideM wrote:
> You lot have to much time on your hands, he he.

....thats not time.......thats blisters from...errrr...rrr..eeerrrmmmmmm playing video games, yeah....video games.....!!!lol
Sun 05/05/02 at 09:44
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
You lot have to much time on your hands, he he.
Sat 04/05/02 at 22:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Plays a little movie, and tells you to put the disk in your Xbox.

How thoughtful
Sat 04/05/02 at 20:17
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
like what?
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:10
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Try putting an Xbox game in a DVD player.

It actually does something....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.