GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Reason to Hate Nintendo! -Luigi's Manion Rip-Off!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
I have had it with Nintendo!

First of all, the late release date of the Gamecube in Europe, then Smash Brothers is no longer a release game, then we get some pretty crappy launch games and now this!

----Begin Rant----

As many of you know Luigi's Mansion is a great game (http://www.ukreviews.com) and as many of you will also know, Luigi's Mansion is a very short game. Because of this most people will want to rent Luigi's Mansion, as they will probably finish it by the time it needs to go back.

Well guess what! Nintendo hate us so much they've stopped every game rental place in England (not sure about the rest of Europe) from renting out Luigi's Mansion so now we'll have to buy it! That really is low! I think Nintendo really need to improve their attidude towards Europe or maybe we'll stop buying Nintendo. I really think that Nintendo should wake up and see that if they keep on screwing us like this we will lose intrest in them.

I just hope in future Nintendo will stop thinking of Europe as second class, and improve their relationship with the cutomers.

----End Rant----
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:22
I don't see how you can cause a fuss at nintendo, for stoppin renting a short game, they don't get money for renting games, and if people know its short like we do then they are goin choose rent it, stop being so tight, if u want it buy it, u can always sell it and get most of ur money back anyway
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:21
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I think that Luigi's Mansion is a great game, it's by far the best on release. I also think that nintendo are starting to get things right with Europe!
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
So what if it's a short game, it is graphically one of the best titles around at the moment!

Look at the ghostly shapes and torches in the dark, you don't get much more realistsic than that! I haven't seen anything from the X-box that beats something like that yet!

And you say it's really 'low' that you can't rent this game. Surely it's also 'low' if you're not prepared, as a Ninty, to spend money on a great looking game sraight from Shigsy's own head!?
So is it just cuz of Luigi or what?? I'm sure it's still a brilliant game to play, and there are a few features that'll make you wanna play it again and again. How can it be that different to the likes of Mario and Zelda??? Have faith in Shigsy - and as a PAL game, there are also one or two extras that the NSTC games don't get! :P
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nintendo hate Europe still? Based on the reaction to the Cube (ie selling out before it even is released!), the (rather good and rather weird) ads, the superb launch line up and the opening of proper UK offices, and the price, I'd say we still love Nintendo, and they still loves us back, in their own weird way!
Fri 03/05/02 at 16:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
goku4ever wrote:
> i agree with him totally, if you don't want to actually buy the game
> then you're not much of a Nintendo customer are you

That utter crap, if a game is short or hasn't got the fun of being played over and over again then you rent it. I rented Rainbox 6 and completed it within 4 days, I wouldn't have bought it. I wish I had rented South Park because its a waste of money.

Think before you speak...
Fri 03/05/02 at 15:12
"The Will of D."
i agree with him totally, if you don't want to actually buy the game then you're not much of a Nintendo customer are you, the hole reason for buying games is for you to have them until you sell them (i don't why you would do that anyway), and you have time to play on for as long as you want. £34.99 is not very expensive in the first place, so why are you complaining.
Fri 03/05/02 at 14:08
if you don't want the game they aren't holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy it...moron!

At 34.99 or whatever I dont see the problem in buying it anyway! 8 hours for Mansion 1, 6 hours for Hidden Mansion. 14 hours of gaming. 37/14 = £2.64 for every hour you spend on the game. See how far £2.64 gets you at an arcade! A 2 and a half hour film on dvd could cost £20. You get the film, some extras, but about 4 hours of viewing and you not in control of it. Thats £5 per hour! See? Not so bad now is it? Get over it.
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:28
I have had it with Nintendo!

First of all, the late release date of the Gamecube in Europe, then Smash Brothers is no longer a release game, then we get some pretty crappy launch games and now this!

----Begin Rant----

As many of you know Luigi's Mansion is a great game (http://www.ukreviews.com) and as many of you will also know, Luigi's Mansion is a very short game. Because of this most people will want to rent Luigi's Mansion, as they will probably finish it by the time it needs to go back.

Well guess what! Nintendo hate us so much they've stopped every game rental place in England (not sure about the rest of Europe) from renting out Luigi's Mansion so now we'll have to buy it! That really is low! I think Nintendo really need to improve their attidude towards Europe or maybe we'll stop buying Nintendo. I really think that Nintendo should wake up and see that if they keep on screwing us like this we will lose intrest in them.

I just hope in future Nintendo will stop thinking of Europe as second class, and improve their relationship with the cutomers.

----End Rant----

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.