GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Cube's Here!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 07:02
Regular
Finally, it’s the launch day of the GameCube. Many of you are reading this now with your fingers crossed hoping that your GameCube will arrive today. Many of you are rushing to the shops early to get your GameCube, and some of you don’t care. No matter what you’re doing, there’s no doubting the hype that’s been building up in these last few days before the GameCubes release. Never has a Nintendo console been so hyped.

The NES, or Nintendo Entertainment System, wasn’t hyped so much, but that’s because consoles weren’t very popular then. Not many people even knew it was released. But then when people played brilliance like Mario Bros. 3 they promptly saw that video games were the future of home entertainment. Then the Super NES was released some years later. This accomplished so much. 3D graphics, brilliant RPG’s and more. But still there wasn’t much of a hype building up to it’s launch. It was only when the N64 came out there was quite a hype and there still wasn’t much of one.

But in the world of today, one of most groundbreaking consoles yet get the biggest hype imaginable. It’s not hyped for no reason though, the launch line up is the best seen in years. First party games include Luigi’s Mansion, a misjudged classic, a 3D game which is set out like a 2D game, plus it has loads of hidden extras for Europe, and Wave Race: Blue Storm, the second edition of the classic water skiing trick-fest. But not only that, the GameCube sees some of the best Third Party games ever made. Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II sees you travelling across highly intricate levels while being shot at by what seems like millions of enemy ships. Not only does it have brilliant graphics it’s one of longest games ever. But that’s not the only good third party game that’s released on launch. We’ll see; Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Super Monkey Ball, Tony Hawks Pro-Skater 3, International Superstar Soccer 2 and loads more. In fact, the only bad looking game is Universal Studios which has terrible graphics and is said to be very boring, but I’m not in the position to judge that.

Shigsy has really got to people with this one. All the hype, but not just for games. Have a look at the amazing controller design, easy-to-get-to buttons that are never out of reach. I’m very excited about everything. I’m so excited I’m up at 6 O’Clock writing this, all because of the anticipation from getting my GameCube. As you’re reading this I’m probably waiting at the letter box, fingers crossed, just hoping. All Ninty’s and some none-Ninty’s are very excited about this day. Let’s just hope that we get our ‘Cubes today!

Thanks for reading and good luck on getting your ‘Cube today.

RiCkOsS
Fri 03/05/02 at 07:02
Regular
Finally, it’s the launch day of the GameCube. Many of you are reading this now with your fingers crossed hoping that your GameCube will arrive today. Many of you are rushing to the shops early to get your GameCube, and some of you don’t care. No matter what you’re doing, there’s no doubting the hype that’s been building up in these last few days before the GameCubes release. Never has a Nintendo console been so hyped.

The NES, or Nintendo Entertainment System, wasn’t hyped so much, but that’s because consoles weren’t very popular then. Not many people even knew it was released. But then when people played brilliance like Mario Bros. 3 they promptly saw that video games were the future of home entertainment. Then the Super NES was released some years later. This accomplished so much. 3D graphics, brilliant RPG’s and more. But still there wasn’t much of a hype building up to it’s launch. It was only when the N64 came out there was quite a hype and there still wasn’t much of one.

But in the world of today, one of most groundbreaking consoles yet get the biggest hype imaginable. It’s not hyped for no reason though, the launch line up is the best seen in years. First party games include Luigi’s Mansion, a misjudged classic, a 3D game which is set out like a 2D game, plus it has loads of hidden extras for Europe, and Wave Race: Blue Storm, the second edition of the classic water skiing trick-fest. But not only that, the GameCube sees some of the best Third Party games ever made. Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II sees you travelling across highly intricate levels while being shot at by what seems like millions of enemy ships. Not only does it have brilliant graphics it’s one of longest games ever. But that’s not the only good third party game that’s released on launch. We’ll see; Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Super Monkey Ball, Tony Hawks Pro-Skater 3, International Superstar Soccer 2 and loads more. In fact, the only bad looking game is Universal Studios which has terrible graphics and is said to be very boring, but I’m not in the position to judge that.

Shigsy has really got to people with this one. All the hype, but not just for games. Have a look at the amazing controller design, easy-to-get-to buttons that are never out of reach. I’m very excited about everything. I’m so excited I’m up at 6 O’Clock writing this, all because of the anticipation from getting my GameCube. As you’re reading this I’m probably waiting at the letter box, fingers crossed, just hoping. All Ninty’s and some none-Ninty’s are very excited about this day. Let’s just hope that we get our ‘Cubes today!

Thanks for reading and good luck on getting your ‘Cube today.

RiCkOsS
Fri 03/05/02 at 07:54
"Mimmargh!"
SR say they have a Cube waiting for me...
Fri 03/05/02 at 11:18
Regular
Damn, no sign of mine, come on parcel force! I hope i get it on launch, i did pre-order months back.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:20
Regular
I've got my GameCube! It's brilliant.

I got Luigi's Mansion, you won't believe how brilliant the sound is. You can interact with almost anything.

The controller is brilliant, it moulds the shape of your hands perfectly. The buttons are perfect. It's the best design you'll ever see.

Brilliant, love it, great, i'm cubed!
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm jealous.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:35
i have a cube, i have a cube, i have a rubix cube! i also seem to have some gamecube thing.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm jealous of you also.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:43
be jealous of the cube owners! also unblock bigslow on msn if u have blocked him, because he just checked if you were online so he can make you more jealous but you were not.
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
It is bloody amazing! Cant get over how tiny the disc's are - Ive only played Luigi's Mansion so far and thats brilliant! And the controller is perfect - Im well impressed!!
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:04
I'm happy with my PS2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.